Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

+10
fiffur
gbste
bpaquet
Suzzzz
BobCat
jeanebellini
WarriorNY
fluffnstuff
Sue Short
jimkr2t
14 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by Sue Short Sun May 08, 2011 7:14 pm

I wouldn't freak out. Meowmy says it's a term of affection. Tat make sure that you display your
plume proudly. Especially if Caddy is reading or working on the computer. Antonio

Jim, I've got the same problem. Tonio has lovely green eyes and they always look yellow
in the photo. Sue
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by jimkr2t Sun May 08, 2011 7:38 pm

Caddy's session - OOOPPS, I forgot one thing. Question about whether Tat has any Russian in her background. Well, the shelters (what Tonio calls THAT PLACE) never really say anything except "domestic long-hair" - BUT, I think Tatiana and Samantha (my first one, the avatar to the right) must have Russian Blue blood - they don't get BREEDER RIGHTS, but they do get OWNER RIGHTS - what the heck, they SURE look like Russian Blue's, right??

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun May 08, 2011 8:03 pm

How beautiful! She IS perfect.

Gateway here. Hello, pretty kitty. I'm so happy more kitties are posting. I am also glad to hear that basements are not much fun. I thought I was missing something, but my meowmy says that basements are not possible where we live. Hey! Wait... Rescue Kitties, is the basement fun? I am confused.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun May 08, 2011 9:05 pm

this basement is kinda dark but the Rescue Kitties like it cuz there's a lot of places to get into ...esp the drop ceiling.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Mon May 09, 2011 10:15 am

Tat's talk - Well, I've spent my second night in my new home - could this be my FOREVER HOME that the shelter people were always talking about? Sunday was a day for reading and watching the funny box (it has pictures and sound coming out of it!), except for a time in the morning when caddy went to "church". I was left alone in the big house, so I went upstairs and hid under the big bed. Caddy found me there, and I meowed my happiness at being back together. For the rest of the morning, caddy read something called the "new paper" - it didn't look that new, and looked like something put under my litter box. But, I got real close to caddy and got a chance to snooze a little. In the afternoon, caddy stretched out on the sofa and I climbed up on his chest and we both went to sleep. At night, caddy went under the covers on the bed and tried to get me to come there, but I said no - the big bed looks to scary yet for me Shocked confused so I went away and kind of hid on one of the warm air thing-a-ma-jigs on the floor that has REAL WARM AIR coming out of it!! What a Face Just the thing for a tiny cat who needs warmth! Well, that's all for now - hope of of you, caddies, meowmies, and furkids have a great day!! cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon May 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Congrats Tatiana! I know you have a wonderful Caddy now, and he will spoil you rotten. Make sure he does. I'd love to see your picture. I was in one of Those Places too, but not for long before my meowmy came for me.........Bijoux

Maybe Tat needs to relearn how to play with toys, maybe she prefers interactive playing WITH someone like Bijoux does. If you'd like a schmousie I'll need your addy............made all in one piece so nothing falls off and it's washabe too. Very durable also. CONGRATS JIM. I know you wanted to wait but your heart just wouldn't be ignored. I think this was meant to be.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Mon May 09, 2011 1:02 pm

fiffur - I've never SENT a private message before - only received them - BUT, if you can send me your email address, I'll ship you a couple of pictures of Tatiana - that will work, right?? Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon May 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Tat, precious one. This is your forever home. You will find your Caddy will do anything
for you. He will return your love with his whole heart and being. Meowmy

Antonio, here. Meowmy is right. Glad your second day was fun. We have of those boxes too.
Meowmy also has this thing she works with her fingers. It makes words and pictures appear. She
sits on the couch when she does this. I help her sometimes by letting my tail wave in front of it.
We don't have new papers but we have books. I help Meowmy read those too. Don't be scared of the
giant cat bed. It's wonderful and even more fun when your person is getting ready to clean the coverings
and put them back on. Antonio
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon May 09, 2011 7:26 pm

tat...maybe one day you'll get to go to that place called Church...i hear that there's a special day when critters get to go there to get a special blessing;) i just can't remember what time of year they do it! (the fall maybe)
And you'll get used to having a little time to yourself in the house....you might even enjoy the time to yourself;) (the Rescue Kitties like when i'm not here cuz they all get on the bed together and don[t have to share even 1/4of it with this big old human!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Mon May 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Caddy Jim's session - Just a few new items this time. Jeane, the animal blessing is usually held on or about the St. Francis of Assisi feast (he is the patron of animals) - now, I FORGOT when that is.. scratch Tat did some interacting with a short rope that I pulled around, with some real acrobatic jumps on her part. cheers I think she's gradually getting used to her Forever Home. She even "discovered" something in the kitchen. I was letting her roam around, even jumping up to the counter and the kitchen sink (I know many of you DON'T WANT their kitties near food prep areas, but I was just letting her explore!) She suddenly found the faucet and kept rubbing her face along the faucet and trying to get water to drink. So I turned the water on at a very low flow, and she lapped up the water as it came out of the faucet. None of my other cats exhibited that ability. Now, Tat climbs up to the counter, works her way over to the faucet, and "MEOWS" if there's no water coming out. bounce What have I done? confused

More tomorrow, Jim and Tat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 pm

Ok, Tonio is sleeping so I can snag the computer. Actually Jim I didn't mind on the counters as
long as food wasn't there. I mean you before you do any kind of prep you wipe down the
counter with a bleach water solution. Jim, Tonio will only drink out of a faucet. Some cats are like
that. You can buy drinking fountains for them.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon May 09, 2011 8:34 pm

I thought I posted a reply, but it isn't here. Hmm... Wonder what button I hit.

Oct. 4 is St. Francis' feast day. Catholic School taught me something. (haahaa!)

Archimedes loved drinking out of the faucet. He endorsed our fountain water bowl too. We got it for about $25 at PetSmart, and even though it's plastic, it seems to be fine. I bleach it every month and clean it out weekly, so it hasn't shown any signs of getting funky.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon May 09, 2011 8:51 pm

i knew there were some kitties in here who liked water drips to drink. thankfully not the Rescue Kitties...Buddy is the only one who ever got near the bathroom sink (and nobody likes the laundry room one which is fine cuz its big and deep and a kitty could get trapped or drown in there.

i'm with Sue, i don't mind kitties on the counter as long as i'm not cookingwhen they're up there and i wipe things down.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon May 09, 2011 9:14 pm

I've seen the plastic ones. I would really like to find one that is
ceramic.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue May 10, 2011 10:50 am

I'm on my second plastic Drinkwell fountain. I bought a second one because plastic can only take so much cleaning before it pits and gets ucky. The Drinkwell actually has falling water, like a drinking fountain does. Some of them only have water that cascades down a slope. Bobby and Blue both liked water from the faucet, so I got the fountain type for them, and they both loved it. I also decided on the biggest one this time around because the dogs also like it. It's great - though Bobby still likes his sink water sometimes.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Tue May 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Tat's session - It was such a nice day and I was sleeping on the chair in the living room, when suddenly caddy came in with the CARRIER!! affraid I was put in the back of his car and we started driving away from my FOREVER HOME Sad . I thought we were going back to the shelter - THAT PLACE - but we drove past it. Question We kept going until we arrived at the Evesham Vet's - that was what caddy called it - it seemed horrible - all kinds of dogs and cats, and rooms that they were taken into. No Then OUR TURN came! Caddy kept reassuring me, telling me it would be all right, but I wasn't sure. Then the vet came into our room. Her name was Dr. Jackie, and she seemed to know caddy from BEFORE, when he had OTHER cats. She checked out my heart, and probed my ears, and all kinds of things. I didn't LIKE it, but she was kind and gentle. Finally, we were allowed to leave. Very Happy I DON'T THINK I really want to go back, but caddy says all was well. We came back to the FOREVER HOUSE cheers and I got some food and water and I think I'll rest now. It has been a busy day. cat

Caddy Jim's session - Took Tat to the vet's for her first check - just to be sure. The shelter records show that her rabies and booster shots were up to date, but they hadn't tested for FILV, etc., and they had given Tat a few doses of ear mite stuff, so I figured we needed a check. Well, FILV proved negative (yay!), but there were traces of ear mites, so Dr. Jackie cleaned out her ears and gave her another treatment. She also suggested a 3 month Revolution treatment for fleas, tick, mites, etc. All in all, Tat came through it all with fairly good health. Only a few things to clean up. Tat was VERY HAPPY to be put back in her carrier and was ready for home! We'll see how she reacts to me over the next few hours. She seems to be happy, and not hiding under the bed! tongue

Jim and Tat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue May 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Headbutts and Purrs Tat. I understand how terrified you were. When I came to my Furever home
Meowmy did that too. I thought I was going back to THAT PLACE. You see my first beans told me I was
going to the vet and left me at THAT PLACE. Your Caddy will not do that to you. That he took you to the
V*T means he loves very much and wants only the best for you. Antonio

Jim, Tonio is still petrified of the carrier. At least he no longer bites the bars, the crying is still just heart
breaking. Glad to hear that Tat is in good health, the mites can easily be dealt with. At least she is not under the
bed. Tonio usually heads under the bed or burrows deep into my hall closet. Sue
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Wed May 11, 2011 11:30 am

Caddy Jim's session - Well, Sue, Tat's not afraid of the carrier - at least not up 'til now. She went in at home with no complaints- ('course there WERE some "pitiable meows" in the car going to and from the vet) - and definitely she went in at the vet when it was time to go home - I think ALL of THIS - forever home, people who love her, big spaces to wander around - is NEW to her - never seen it before! - I've got to go slowly, but I'm sure I'll be rewarded! study

Jim and Tat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed May 11, 2011 11:57 am

I'm sure you'll be rewarded too Jim. Glad to hear Tat is fine and healthy, mites are easily dealt with. I'm looking forward to see Tat's pics and that plume tail. She might join you on the bed if you carry her there, hold her carefully as you sit, then lay down, talking softly all the while. She'll probably leave right away when you loosen your grip, then again maybe she won't.

If you leave the carrier out all the time it will become a familiar sight, if you leave the door open she might eventually even nap in there like my Bijoux does sometimes. I also put Bij in the carrier just to go for a ride around the block, or a walk on mom's walker to enjoy the fresh air. That way every time he's in it it's not for a trip to the v*t.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed May 11, 2011 12:09 pm

I have a great story about my wonderful boy, Blue and a cat carrier - but not for a vet visit; we were moving into our present home, and he was one of the last "items" to go. It's a long story, so get ready...I'm actually just copying and pasting it here from another forum where I told this story not too long ago:

WARNING - LONG story follows:

I had about a 6 or 7 round wrestling match with Blue one warm October day back in 2000. Our little house on Fordham Avenue was sold, and almost empty, when I had the job of going back there to round up Blue. That was my only mission on that trip back there that afternoon. He had gotten outside with all the moving, so I had to get him into the house and into the carrier. When I got there, he was waiting to go inside, so that was easy. I went to the basement to get the carrier and he followed me. I tried to scoop him up on the stairs and put him inside right at the top landing, but no; he got all wiggly and I didn't want either of us to go tumbling down the stairs, so I put the carrier in the middle of the kitchen floor and started acting all nonchalant, like I was going on to other things. Round one - Blue.

Well, he knew - there wasn't anything else to do. The house was practically empty. So I picked him up and snuggled for a minute and then tried to put him into the carrier. Arms and legs went every which way. It was like wrestling an octopus. And I tried over and over - I remember that round was a long one. Round two also went to Blue. I put him down and started thinking...maybe if I wrap him in a towel I could get all those legs contained. Tried it - he was an amazingly limber and wiggly cat, and got his legs free no matter how hard I tried. I'd wrap one leg in and another would pop out of the towel. I was starting to get all hot and sweaty by this time. Round three - Blue. I was getting nervous.

I have to add one very important memory to this story. Between each round, Blue would not run away and try to hide. He just sat there, waiting for the bell to ring again. He'd let me pet him and scritch him, and was my good buddy, even though I was doing things to him that he did NOT want me to do. I'd say he was playing a game, but Blue didn't play games. He was a serious boy. He also didn't lash out at me - he simply fought against the action, not the person, when it was time to fight and between rounds, we were buds again. I still ponder at that.

One more round went to Blue when I went back to basics and just picked him up and tried to shove him into the box, and another when I turned the carrier on end and tried to "pour" him into the opening. I swear he was saying NOOOO clear as any human here and there during the match-ups. Between bouts we would visit like any other day. I had other stuff I needed to be doing, so time was starting to be an issue for me by this time, so I did the only thing I could think of to do and got a can of cat food from the shelf and cracked the seal. I figured he had probably worked up an appetite by then - I know I had. I put the can at the very back of the carrier and when he followed his nose into the opening, I quickly scooped up his ass end and shoved! Match - ME! I slammed the door and put him into the back seat of the car. I felt kind of bad that he was in there with a can of food that might spill on him, but there was no way I was going to open the door to try to retrieve it for the drive over to the new place.

All the way there, Blue MOOOAAANNNED and WAAAAIIIILLLED, and I tried to comfort him by telling him what a good kitty he was, and that it wouldn't be long and he could come out of there. One of Blue's saddest periods in his life began that day too, so I still have guilty feelings about that move. He truly went into a kitty depression at that point in time. He had just lost Ruby a couple months earlier, Bobby was a tiny terror in his life, and then the move, followed by a "no outside" rule because of the new surroundings. He rarely came out of the laundry room for at least the next couple of months. Wesley finally got so worried about his mental health that he physically carried him out into the rest of the house daily, and forced him to be sociable again. Not only did that cure him after a time, but he and Wesley formed a new bond that stayed with them for the rest of Blue's days.

There's my carrier story. I loved that boy so much - I just made myself all misty again writing that down here.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed May 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Congrats on your beauty of a new addition cheers Her words for familiar objects are the best...especially the "funny box" Very Happy
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed May 11, 2011 4:38 pm

What a wonderful story BC. I especially liked the visual of legs popping out
of the towel.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Wed May 11, 2011 5:20 pm

sorry I'm late on this but I'm so glad you and tatiana have found each other, Jim.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed May 11, 2011 5:26 pm

loved the story too.....and i can relate to the leg in and leg out of the towel (though with me its been a blanket)....happens when i tried to clean esp Franny's ears!
here's hoping Tat never gets the bad......after all,those carriers aren't so bad...they're usually taking you to some place that's good for ya!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed May 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Welcome to this family of friends, Tatianna! You've chosen well, little one. Your CatDaddy is a good man with a great heart. I'm so glad to see you here.

~Auntie Suze

MY TURN!!! *pushes Ma off the chair* Hey, Tat! Weezer here. Welcome to the family! I'm Suzzzz's cat, Weez. Ma didn't want me to post right away unless I scared you, but she's way to cautious. Rolling Eyes Just wanted to tell you that this is a great place and the peoples and cats are the best. I hear you've landed with Uncle Jim. Girl, you have just landed in gold. Jim is a cat lover from way back and is one of the nicest hummers out there. Don't fret that he's had cats before. Most of the peoples here have had many cats. That's good, cuz they know what they're doing. Not only that, but their cats are the light of their lives. You are now the light of Jim's life. Never forget it, and work it for all it's worth. Constant trickling water is just the beginning! Twisted Evil

Must say, you are a beautiful cat. I say that without envy because I, myself, am a beautiful cat, too. Do let your Caddy brush you. I wouldn't tolerate such a thing, but a longhair like you deserves it.

Now, about countertops, get up there all you want. It's YOUR house! My Ma always... *oof* Gotta go, she's back!
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next