Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Envoy and Kina go to Boarding School

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Envoy and Kina go to Boarding School - Page 2 Empty Re: Envoy and Kina go to Boarding School

Post by bpaquet Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Amazingly, the horses did not roll in the mud today. Maybe they are waiting for tonight's rain to make more mud.

The temps were actually nice today, and Envoy and I had a very nice ride. Thank goodness the deep freeze is going away for a while. Supposedly, the 8th and 9th might have some "interesting" weather. I hope not! The horses do too.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Envoy and Kina go to Boarding School - Page 2 Empty Re: Envoy and Kina go to Boarding School

Post by Sue Short Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Becky, I'm ready for the end of interesting weather.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:35 pm

So am I! I'm more than ready for spring!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:18 pm

The temperatures have gotten better. I've been able to ride, and both horses have been really good. I hope the temps in the 30s indicate that spring is on the way.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:44 pm

Glad you've been able to ride.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:40 pm

Glad the temps have been nicer to you lately. Wish I could say the same for here for me....
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:39 am

The poor kids' blankets were drenched in the hideous Nor'easter. Fortunately, they have very good blankets, so they are dry underneath. I think they wanted to be together, so they stood outside in the snow and rain. Now, we have sun and are hopefully drying out. I haven't seen so much mud in years, and I complain about mud every year!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:23 pm

Glad they didn't get soaked all the way through. That's a recipe for disaster.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Miss Kina decided to go into season today. She's squealing and just being gross. I'll bring her herbs to her tomorrow, and probably contact the vet for a depoprovera shot. I can administer it myself, but it is prescription stuff. Poor girl. She wants to be a mama.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:06 pm

I knew there was a reason I never owned mares.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:58 pm

I had a nice ride on Kina today. She's still in season, and is a bit crampy. But, she was agreeable and we took things easy. She seemed happy to walk and trot. Next week we'll work harder. Tomorrow is Envoy's turn, and since it isn't supposed to rain I should be able to hang onto my motivation.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:28 pm

The exercise probably helped with the cramping a bit. I know it hurts at first but it seems to stretch the muscles and ease it a bit. I know it works for me...so why not for Kina too? Poor girl...I can sympathize.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:54 am

Poor Kina is lame on her right hind. I suspect an abscess. There's been a LOT of mud, and the lameness came on suddenly with no exercise related reason for it. It would be weird if she had strained a joint or tendon. It only seems to hurt when she is turning to the right, so it's definitely a "single point" of pain. I gave her some bute and will bring out the abscess treatment materials. Fortunately, she's a tough girl. She'll pull through. If things don't clear up in a little while, I'll call the vet. Sigh.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:53 pm

Nothing like horsey drama to make your day 'interesting'. Hope whatever the problem is clears up quick!
((((((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))))))))
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:09 pm

She seems better today. She got the day off to be sure she's doing well. I might give her tomorrow as well. Envoy is sound and happy to work, so we'll see. I really would like to ride her too, but I don't want to push it in case she isn't 100% yet.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:14 pm

She is definitely feeling better. She and Envoy got to run around a small pasture since it's been dry for a couple days. She was very happy to be able to stretch her legs. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:09 pm

I bet they both had fun running around in the sunshine!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:30 am

And now winter is coming back. Dreary and cold. Sigh...

I did get more hay yesterday. It's a timothy/alfalfa mix, which they LOVE. Of course, it costs a fortune at this time of year, and I only got enough for about a month. I need to go back next week and get more. I don't think we'll get much early grass with the weather being so icky. I did see some leaf buds on trees on my way into work though. I think the ponies will get more spring turnout soon. I HOPE!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:46 pm

I have a feeling spring will be late this year. Looks like at least another month for me here...hope it shows up sooner for you.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:48 pm

The horses rolled and rolled today. They are both mud pies. I'm sure it felt good to get the loose hair off and nice, cooling mud on them. It was 75 degrees and sunny, and they still have pretty heavy coats on. Fortunately, they still have some winter coat left. Monday is supposed to be wintery, yet AGAIN. We are all over it.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:08 pm

We might get up to 50 here today...then back in the freezer. 75 would feel soooo good. I know the ponies had a great time enjoying the springy weather.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:09 pm

We might get up to 50 here today...then back in the freezer. 75 would feel soooo good. I know the ponies had a great time enjoying the springy weather.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:23 pm

I had to buy MORE hay today. $777 later, I have enough to last 2 months. I hope to stretch it longer since the grass seems to be growing. The new hay is lovely, and the horses will eat every blade, but my wallet is CRYING!

I am going to bring Envoy and Kina home at the end of the month. It will be time to move Cree to a different pasture, and he won't be able to see the horse across the street. He'll be too lonely.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:06 pm

That is painful.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:02 pm

I was wondering how Cree was doing since Casper's gone.....does seeing the horse across the street relieve that lonely feeling? Can Cree talk to that horse?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next