Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what's your ring tone?

+3
BobCat
Sue Short
jeanebellini
7 posters

Go down

what's your ring tone? Empty what's your ring tone?

Post by jeanebellini Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:25 pm

almost put this in the 'what are you reading' etc section. but figured this might be better.

since some of us have said what we, or our significant others have as ringtones i thought i'd start a section where we can just put those in. i think its very insightful what people have to alert them somebody is calling in! (does anyone have different rings for different people?)

I only have one. For a long time i had just the regular ring tone sound that came in the phone. then i started to try leaving the phone on more often (since its the only phone i have now). i missed what few calls i got at the start because i didn't realize the little beepy music thing i heard was the phone and not something on tv.

so i poked around the phone and found where you could choose your ringtone and now when it rings it sounds like..
A PHONE! a plain old fashioned phone phone Smile
I know its boring, but at least when it rings i realize it a phone!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

what's your ring tone? Empty Re: what's your ring tone?

Post by Sue Short Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:04 pm

ROFL!!! Jeane, I'm always getting my confused with the t.v.
or radio. Even worse when I'm wearing my iPod.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:24 pm

As I mentioned, Wesley's is the eerie sounding theme from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, which can freak a person out a little when you're awakened out of a sound sleep by it! My ringtone is Booker T. & the MGs song Green Onions. I change it out at the holidays to Vince Guaraldi - either Linus & Lucy or Christmas Time is Here.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:05 pm

Green Onions is definantly different from the Good the Bad and the Ugly. bet you never jump when you hear your phone ring! (sometimes when i'm sitting in front of the shelf where i put my phone if it rings i just about hit the ceiling!)

I like the idea of changing it for the holidays:) i still wouldn't hear it if it was on mine...but its a nice idea!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:24 pm

There's a lady who comes into the library and when her phone rings it sounds like croaking green peeper frogs. Another person's phone barks at her.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:47 pm

One of the local TV stations leads into one of their segments by playing Green Onions now, and I always think my phone is ringing!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:37 pm

the library i go to has a sign up that you can't have your phone on or use your phone in the library! they should have those phones on vibrate don't ya think?

what segment does the news use Green Onions for? just wondering:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:55 pm

The news segment that uses Green Onions is an "around town" type of thing - stuff to do in Chicago on the weekends.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:09 pm

oh, that makes sense. come to think of it, the little sections of the NJ news have different themes too...but i doin't think any of them are that memorable!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:35 pm

I've sometimes thought what I'd use for a ringtone if I used a cell phone. My first thought is an old-fashioned telephone ringing sound (luddite that I am), but I really like Mary's Green Onions, and I might go for something cool and smooth like that. Seems to me, reading your posts, that something loud and shocking, although it may get your attention, would also startle you and everyone else within range. I think Wes's Good Bad & Ugly tone is cowboy cool. Nothing startling about it, just a cool whistling that means business. Cool

Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:51 pm

yeah it is startling to have the ring....but when i had a regular phone and it rang it used to scare the crap out of me. it happened so rarely and the phone is so close to almost everything that it made me jump.
i think if you have your phone on all the time, it rings a lot and its not right beside ya something more soothing or cool would work;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:03 pm

The best way to describe my mom's ringtone is a annoying kid going through puberty constantly saying "Ring....Ring, Ring......" then screams at the end if not answered in time.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:13 pm

there's a lady at work who has something similar to that but its a toddler! she used to have something that sounded like a frog singing the hamster dance song.
i was waiting on someone Sun whose phone started saying "its your annoying little brother calling!' over and over. she apologized for the phone (which was funny...people rarely do that!) i told her it must be her annoying brother calling;)
i'm amazed what people can get for ring tones! (but you have to be careful cuz some of these things...including screen savers...you wind up not only having to pay for but having to pay big for!).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Suzzzz wrote:I've sometimes thought what I'd use for a ringtone if I used a cell phone. My first thought is an old-fashioned telephone ringing sound (luddite that I am), but I really like Mary's Green Onions, and I might go for something cool and smooth like that. Seems to me, reading your posts, that something loud and shocking, although it may get your attention, would also startle you and everyone else within range. I think Wes's Good Bad & Ugly tone is cowboy cool. Nothing startling about it, just a cool whistling that means business. Cool

Well, he is a cowboy cool kinda guy! LOL! How did I get surrounded by cowboys? My boss is a cowboy cool guy too - more the "Howdy, Ma'am" style, where Wesley probably secretly wishes he was Clint in that movie.

Anyway, I digress... I like the jazzy instrumentals for my ringtones, but they have to be just right. I don't really want to hear singing coming from my purse. And in the next month or so, I'm going to be going to a life of cell phones only, and dumping the land line altogether. It will probably be a little hard for me, but so many people are happy that way. It does seem odd to have three phone numbers in a family of two people, not to mention that I have my own personal work number as well.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleB Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:52 am

It's the theme to "Countdown". For a while it was the chorus to Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song".

I've always wanted to have "Low Rider" but none of the pre-made ones are the right part. I'm going to wait to record a homemade version when I have a phone that sounds a little better.

MichelleB
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:24 am

MichelleB wrote:It's the theme to "Countdown". For a while it was the chorus to Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song".

Haha! MichelleB, my brother had Immigrant Song wake him up for school in the morning, way back when that album was new (and an album)! He had a timer hooked up to the record player, and used that as his alarm clock. Thanks for the memory!

BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:08 pm

hey michelle good to see ya:)
and now...what is the Immigrant Song like? (I can't hear it in my head at all though i've probably heard it).
i didn't know you could make your own ring tones...that must be cool!

jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum