Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anybody else having this problem with their email?

4 posters

Go down

Is anybody else having this problem with their email? Empty Is anybody else having this problem with their email?

Post by fiffur Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:10 pm

My email is messed up now, no way to move emails from one folder to the other since yesterday and the librarians claim they didn't do anything, it's not their system. I emailed yahoo but haven't heard back from them yet.

I not only can't move an email to another folder, I also can't see any of the pics or comics I've saved in their either. I get gobbledegook script instead. It won't automatically go from one email to the next if I delete one either. AND it takes forever to load. I keep getting "error on the page" on every single page that loads. Is anybody else having this problem with Yahoo mail?
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Is anybody else having this problem with their email? Empty Re: Is anybody else having this problem with their email?

Post by fluffnstuff Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 pm

I just checked my Yahoo mail moments ago and I didn't have problems deleting anything. I rarely go to the folders that I have there. I'm at a loss at what it may be that is causing this trouble.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Is anybody else having this problem with their email? Empty Re: Is anybody else having this problem with their email?

Post by jeanebellini Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:34 pm

rarely put anything in a folder in my emails...i think i ight have two of three things saved and that's it.
i have had problems while reading my emails in Yahoo ...going from one email to another etc. They've been doing something with yahoo mail..i think people who have the old system of yahoo email might get having problems cuz they want everyone to change over to the 'new and improved' version.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:49 pm

I can't even change to the other version (which I don't like since my email with all the links in it none of the links showed up), it's somehow disabled on the computer here. The move button showed up at the bank and on mom's building's computer (which I'm not even supposed to breath on much less use) and worked, but the comics and pics are still gobbledegook. Can't use a pic to liven up emails to friends anymore since I don't know what's what in there. Can't move a letter from inbox to a folder to save it. Can't even access "filters" to set it up to automatically go into a folder, nor can I create a new folder. All this since they messed with the security settings on Tuesday morning before the library opened up.

But the pics and comics being gobbledegook is happening beyond the library system, so I think that is yahoo's glitch.

Almost makes me wish I'd never tried going online................I feel like my hands are tied.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:47 pm

fiffur wrote:Almost makes me wish I'd never tried going online................I feel like my hands are tied.

But then you'd never have met any of us! flower
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:45 pm

fiff what is the home page for the computer you're using? i turned on the computer and firefox did an automatic update....things are running much better tonight after it did that!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:52 am

Homepage here is Google. And they use Websense as their filter, the bank has NannyNet, and my mom's building uses Norton.

Bobcat, you're right...........I wouldn't have hardly any friends at all if I hadn't gone online.........
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:20 pm

now firefox might be linked to google cuz when i have firefox up its got google stuff on it. and since they had to do an update the other day that could be it.
i wonder if they shut the library computers down fully every night so they can update? also wonder if they do the clean up and defrag on a regular basis.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:49 pm

I do know that where I volunteer at, all the computers have to be left on 24/7 so that whatever updates are needed can be done at night when the place is empty of employees. I don't know how many computer users with average computer knowledge even know there is such a thing defragmenting.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:38 pm

i can't remember who taught me about it....its not hard to do. i guess somebody just needs to tell you or show you how to do it once.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:16 pm

I discovered defragmenting on my own while I was messing around with the computer one day. My brother was surprised that I even knew about it.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:03 pm

Yahoo sent me some things to try, but I'm blocked from doing anything. Can't even access the control panel. So I can't do a damned thing, and the librarians told me they aren't going to fix it. It's part of their "new security system". I asked if they intended to make 80% of email unusable to their patrons, as that's what it's done to me. How's preventing me from moving my letters around protecting me? Most of it seems to be because they disenabled Javascript. I'd re-enable it if I knew how and could access whatever so it can be done............
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum