Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Would You....

3 posters

Go down

How Would You.... Empty How Would You....

Post by jeanebellini Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:41 pm

okay, i had a question that i put in the recipe thread but i don't think anyone saw it (about how to cook something) and now i 've got something in my head about how to gift wrap something... thought i'd start a thread where we could put questions we had about things...doesn't have to be how to cook something or how to wrap something. Could be...how do you defrost a fridge w/o taking all the food out or whatever!

Now...i'm giving a tea cup and saucer with some things in it that will stick up (little hand lotion,lip balm,a few other small things) and i need to figure out how to wrap them so they're small enough to carry to work but still stay in shape. I have some little boxes from work but i don't thihnk the stuff sticking up out the top of the cup will fit in there. I thought i'd get little bags from Hallmark (that look like lunch bags but are prettier paper)but those aren't going to be big enough.(they're big enough for a mug but not a cup and saucer).
Does anyone have any ideas? has anyone tried to wrap something like this before??
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

How Would You.... Empty Re: How Would You....

Post by BobCat Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:23 pm

I'd probably make a little "bundle" out of either colored cellophane or wrapping paper, by placing the cup & saucer at the bottom of an open-topped box, along with all the taller stuff; put it in the middle of that big piece of wrapping material and then bring up all the sides, and then tie with a ribbon. It might be a little hard to transport, but I don't know how else to get it all wrapped.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:15 pm

i was thinkingof doing that with wrapping paper but i thought the cup would break through the bottom...but maybe if i can find some colored cellophane i could put that underneath...that would hold up better i'm sure. just have to check hallmark and see if they have cellophane cuz they don't have it at the grocery store or kmart...at least not the last time i was there. can't even find colored saran wrap this year! (when i thought i was going to do food this year i though about saran wrap!)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:03 pm

Can you transport a bunch of those little bundles in a larger plastic bag? That way you don't have to worry about the cup breaking out of the bottom of the paper.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:21 pm

i wouldn't trust them rattling around in a bag....i might try to put them in a couple of those cloth shoppihng bags from the grocery store if they'll fit.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Now that's a good idea!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum