Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PATRICK SIGNING IN NEW YORK CITY!

4 posters

Go down

PATRICK SIGNING IN NEW YORK CITY! Empty PATRICK SIGNING IN NEW YORK CITY!

Post by lovekitties Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:07 am

I've already put this in the Mutts section, but thought I'd also announce it here just in case.
Patrick will be doing a signing for Me Jane at Books of Wonder in New York City on April 17 from 1 to 3 PM
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

PATRICK SIGNING IN NEW YORK CITY! Empty Re: PATRICK SIGNING IN NEW YORK CITY!

Post by BobCat Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:41 am

Cool. I was beginning to think his appearance days were over.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Maybe he'll extend that tour and include Illinois!
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:40 pm

as i said in the other thread....i wish i had knowned this before...even just earlier today so i could have asked for it off at work. i won't be going back to work til the 14th and i probably won't be able to get off that close. hopefully he'll be somewhere else i can get to if i can't get that day off.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:33 am

I was supposed to go to the Ireland Show that day, but my friend bailed... she has to go to London for work for 2 weeks. (Nice for her. She says she may go to the real ireland on her weekend there.) so I'll probably do the ireland show on Saturday and go to the signing on Sunday
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:54 pm

ireland show? is that one of those things at the Javits?
i'm still going to ask for Sun off if i possibly can. if i get it off its gonna be tight but i'd like to get the new book and i'd like to see patrick. I wish we knew ahead if he was going to be someplace else later on. (I was kinda sorta hoping he'd be at the artfest..he wasn't. but i did get a free book that has him in it. its a cool little book from a guy i've bought books from before and has a pic of patrick from the late 90s).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:15 pm

the Ireland show is a trade show, but not at the javits. It's a kind of small show which is held every year at the Embassy Suites in Secaucus. It's cool because the exhibitors can sleep in the back room and show their stuff in the front room.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:49 pm

oh its here in NJ? that's a good idea though..having a place where they can stay and exhibit at the same time.

i checked out the books of wonder thing and its an earth day even (geez, why not have it on earth day weekend?)and is several people together like it was the last time Patrick was at Books of Wonder. I'm really wondering if i should try to get the day off or wait to see if there will be something else later on. i'll know more when i get back to work.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:44 am

I went to the signing yesterday. it was alot of fun.
Patrick asked after you, Jeane. We talked for awhile but I forgot to bring one of the books to check out tribute pages.
They were giving out little pins for Me...Jane
Patrik wasn't at MOCCA because he was doing some publicity stuff with Jane Goodall that weekend. He also said he did a book signing on Saturday at Princeton. I think they did the signing yesterday because Earthday weekend is Easter Sunday.
I mentioned that we are not getting any information about signings on the website and he said he was going to talk to them about it. I don't know if they are mentioning signings on facebook since I hardly get in there.
Patrick said that they are going to be updating the website soon and adding some new shtuss, possibly selling some shirts and shtuff Very Happy
Patrick also said He will be doing a signing the last weekend in April at the Raconteur Bookstore in Metuchen. The website says Saturday April 29, but the Saturday is April 30 on my calendar. I'm going to call the bookstore today to check it out and make sure of the correct date.
Patrick also said he's not sure if he's doing Book Expo as he has the cartoonists convention over Memorial Day, but he will be doing the SanDiego Comic CON. He will be speaking there.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Yay for Mutts shirts! I hope they do it!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:41 pm

you and me both! I need new sshtuff.

Raconteur was closed today. I'll call tomorrow
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:06 pm

oh man...i wonder if there's a way i could get to the book store on that Sat. i know i have that weekend off (I asked for Thurs-Sun off that week). i wish i had someone here who would be willing to drive. i don't think the people upstairs will drive that far since i can't get them to drive me to micheals which is less than 10 miles from here! (I want to say 5 mi buti can't judge...whenever i go there its through a lot of twisty and turny streets).

I can't believe Patrick asked after me! wish i could have been there but they had the schedule up before i got back to work last week so i couldn't even try to get the day off.

i haven't gotten anything abotu signing through the facebook page. i need to go in and check it out and see if there's anythingin there. i know the last i checked there's not much ever going on in there...a think a few of us have tried to start things up but its just the few of us not all the people who have 'fanned' in or 'liked' it or whatever.

just went into the facebook page and they did mention books of wonder on 4/12. we really need more of a head's up than that though....i'd think two weeks would be nice...a month would be great! the menham bookstore has their stuff set up for a month and you know at the start of the month who is going to be there. (they're the only book store i get emails from about book signings though..i don't even know where menham is!)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:28 pm

have you found a way to get to Metuchen, other than first coming into NYC, Jeane.?
I wonder if you can get a bus to the Newark Penn station and then get the train from there to metuchen?

Yes, Patrick eve remembered thsat you sign your name with the e at the end. (and that I'm Michele 1 L. LOL
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:29 pm

i can only think of two ways to get to metuchen...one would be to take the bus into the port authority and then try to find a way to get back to NJ from there. (otherwise i can't even tell ya how many buses and hours it will take to get from here to there.it would take me three buses and a couple horus to get to Micheals from my house and that's in the same town!)...the only other thing is very very far fetched and that is to see if Marta has the day off and would go with me there driving. But i don't know when i';ll see her to talk to her about it.IF i see her...andi hate to bother people at home esp to ask for something.
i might just have to hope and pray that he does another signing in NYC and that i have enough time to ask for the day off.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:35 pm

I have to find the schedule for NJT trains to Metuchen, but if you can get into NY and go to Penn station I can meet you there and we could take the train to metuchen
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:51 pm

we'll discuss on Sat. i think its doable...but i will say something to Marta if i get a chance to in the next two days.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:26 pm

sounds good to me
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down