Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stink bugs!!! (don't think even Shtinky would like these guys!)

3 posters

Go down

stink bugs!!! (don't think even Shtinky would like these guys!) Empty stink bugs!!! (don't think even Shtinky would like these guys!)

Post by jeanebellini Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:32 pm

in the past five days i've found three of these down here and taken them outside to do whatever they do (actually eat plants....they're not good for farms or orchards but since the only things we have around here are black walnuts that leave dents in cars and make a mess i don't feel bad).
i know last year there were invasions of them all over the place but i never saw a single one. NOW i'm seeing them.
has anyone else seen them recently?if you don't know what they look like...here's a link that has pics.(though the ones i've put out seem to be a bit plainer on top).
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20110410/LIFE08/104110316/Stink-bug-invasion-coming
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

stink bugs!!! (don't think even Shtinky would like these guys!) Empty Re: stink bugs!!! (don't think even Shtinky would like these guys!)

Post by fiffur Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:55 pm

Oh yeah, I've had one of those inside my place already, and have gotten rid of a few from my mom's buildings hallways and from inside her place (Bijoux will NOT go after them, he just mews for "HELP!).
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

stink bugs!!! (don't think even Shtinky would like these guys!) Empty Re: stink bugs!!! (don't think even Shtinky would like these guys!)

Post by lovekitties Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:39 pm

I haven't seen them but I'll be on the lookout for them. Anyone know what the stink smells like? because lately I've been smelling a skunk like odor on the street, and I don't think we have any skunks.

Stink bugs, another pest from Asia.. At lest this one isnt as devastating as the black ash borer or the asian long horn beetle
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:47 pm

well they go after crops and orchards.....i don't know what they're doing around here or in NYC. I've smelled them but not 100% sure how to describe it...but it is a little skunky smelling. in other words....a stink bug doesn't smell like garbage or poop....more on the skunk end of it. but to smell them outside you'd have to have quite a few!
i'd rather have stink bugs than bedbugs or those centipede things that were here the first year i was here! (i couldn't sleep when those were around cuz i'd close my eyes and see them crawling up the leg of the bed to get to me!)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down