Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I JUST SAW THE SPACE SHUTTLE ENTERPRISE!

4 posters

Go down

I JUST SAW THE SPACE SHUTTLE ENTERPRISE! Empty I JUST SAW THE SPACE SHUTTLE ENTERPRISE!

Post by lovekitties Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:42 am

teh shuttle destined for the Intrepid air and space Museum on the Hudson River just flew past my window on the back of a 747. It will fly to JFK airport where it will in turn be stored and then barged u the Hudson in July for the new exhibit.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

I JUST SAW THE SPACE SHUTTLE ENTERPRISE! Empty Re: I JUST SAW THE SPACE SHUTTLE ENTERPRISE!

Post by BobCat Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:21 pm

How cool!!! Just as I read this, the news is reporting on it! That must have been great to see.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

I JUST SAW THE SPACE SHUTTLE ENTERPRISE! Empty Re: I JUST SAW THE SPACE SHUTTLE ENTERPRISE!

Post by Suzzzz Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:06 pm

I heard it on the radio news in the car. Ditto BobCat, that must have been something to see!
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:50 pm

It certainly was. It flew low up the Hudon River, and I saw it in between two buildings.
My brother, who used to work in the Commodities exchange says a bunch of his friends posted pics on Facebook. They had unrestricted views being right o the Hudson.
I was really lucky. I heard on the radio "what an awesome sight, looked out my window and there it was. If I'd looked a second later I would have missed it
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue May 01, 2012 12:34 pm

Talk about good timing.............I'm glad you got to see it!
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Wed May 02, 2012 12:55 pm

yes, and I'm going to try to see it when it gets barged over from JFK. Of course it will be on display right here in NYC so I can go see it at the museum, but it was a real thrill to see it fly by. Only thing better would have been seeingan actual shuttle launch.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu May 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Or seeing it coming in on it's own power for a landing. Still, you will get to see it up close. I doubt I'll ever get the chance to do that myself.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Thu May 03, 2012 12:57 pm

I did see a shuttle on the launch pad once, when I visited cape Canaveral
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat May 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Cool! Did the ground shake when it lifted off? I heard that it does.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue May 08, 2012 6:34 pm

just saw it on the launch pad, never saw a lift off in person, although one of my co-workers has seen two of them. His brother worked for NASA
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum