Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SMASH!!!

+6
lovekitties
fiffur
Suzzzz
Fire Flower
BobCat
bpaquet
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SMASH!!!     Empty SMASH!!!

Post by bpaquet Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:10 pm

A guy pulled out in front of me yesterday and SMASH. I t-boned him at 60 MPH. My poor old car that was only 52K miles from turning 1/2 a million is no more. The bumper tried real hard to become part of the firewall. The good news is that the steel frame and hood, and my ancient seat belt kept me safe. I have tons of bruises, and sore muscles, but I think I'll live. I go to the doctor tomorrow to check out a swollen knee, and the dentist to see about a chipped tooth. More fun than I wanted on a Sunday. Sigh... I guess I'm car shopping. That's something I did NOT want to do.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

SMASH!!!     Empty Re: SMASH!!!

Post by BobCat Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Good heavens! You're lucky you came out of it with such minor injuries if you hit going that speed! You're also pretty lucky you were able to get that many miles out of a vehicle! I'm sure you don't feel real lucky right now though. Good luck at the doc and with the hunt for a new ride.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Flower Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Oh my! Shocked

I am so glad you are OK, Becky.

Fire Flower
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Oh, Becky, how horrible!! If I were you I'd still be shaking! Darling, I'm so sorry! Please take good, gentle care of yourself, and let us know what the doc says. The car/insurance business will surely be a royal pain in the rear, no avoiding that, but right now I'm more concerned about you.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue May 01, 2012 12:31 pm

OMG! Shocked I am so glad you weren't seriously hurt Becky. An accident like that can be a lot worse. Thank heavens the seatbelt and car frame kept you safe! It will be a pain to replace the car and deal with the insurance companies, but better the car totalled than you. Take it easy and mend my friend.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue May 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Ouch! Glad to hear you are mainly alright becky. better than a smashed car than a smashed you.!
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue May 01, 2012 10:39 pm

My ears and whiskers, just caught up with this. Glad you are okay though banged up.
That's heartbreaking about your car, I know it is what is called a banger but still it was paid
for and I'm sure ran well. Tonio sends you (((((((((((HEALING PURRS))))))))))) and I send
(((((((((((HEALING VIBES))))))))))
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu May 03, 2012 12:04 pm

How are you feeling today Becky? I imagine still quite a bit sore. Are the furkids playing nurse for you? (((((((((((((((((healing vibes))))))))))))))))))
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu May 03, 2012 10:03 pm

I went to the doctor to check out my knee. Nothing shows up on the x-ray, but it definitely doesn't feel right. My ribs hurt like crazy, and I am just bruised up. But, the doctor gave me some anti-inflamatory pills that seem to help. I'm getting good sleep now, so that's helping.

Thanks everyone for checking on me. I'll keep everyone up-to-date on the new car search. I haven't even started looking yet.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri May 04, 2012 6:04 pm

this is the first i'm here to read this...how are things now? i hope that fool's insurance is paying you enough to get a decent car AND paying your doctor's bills. heal quick chickie!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat May 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Sounds like soft tissue damage, that won't show up on xrays. Could be ligiments, tendons, or just muscle that hurts. Most like though it's a ligiment attached to the kneecap, overstretched from the twisting force of the accident. Gentle heat helps ease the pain, so does icing it. And of course time. Ribs are probably bruised from the seatbelt digging in.

(((((((((((((((((QUICK HEALING VIBES)))))))))))))))) pssst........are the kitties being extra sweet and attentive?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sat May 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi bpaquet - One reason I've been away from commenting on the forum is that I fell and cracked my left wrist - not a "break" as such, but I guess it was a "crack" in the bone. Not entirely apparent in the x-rays but the bone doc did find it - just put my left wrist, from elbow to fingers in a cast - will take six weeks (two already down). Be sure you get some orthopedic types to be really sure you don't have a break - especially those ribs! Here's the FEELING BETTER HUGS from South Jersey.

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sat May 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Oh, dear! Now we have three on the sick list, Becky, Jim and Salem! Please tell me there are no more! affraid

Jim, I'm so sorry. What a pain it must be to be one-handed! At least please tell me you're right handed. Question

Becky, Jim makes a good point. Will ortho docs look at your ribs and knee?
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat May 05, 2012 9:37 pm

GOOD GRIEF!!!!(((((((MORE HEALING VIBES TO ALL))))))))
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun May 06, 2012 12:10 pm

Yes to those wondering - I am RIGHT handed - but it is a pain anyway!

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sun May 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Oh dear. I hope everyone will heal in time. Jim, I never broke my wrist, but I did break my right ankle when I was seven. For me, it was a clean break and it healed in six weeks.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sun May 06, 2012 8:31 pm

There ya go, Jim, 6 weeks confirmed! Only 6! cheers scratch Shocked pale

tongue

Hang in there, pal. I love you
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue May 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Here are some ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HEAVY DUTY HEALING VIBES)))))))))))))))))))))))))) for everybody in here who needs them.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue May 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Ouch! good healing vibes to all. Jim, I had a hairline fracture of my left thumb once. They didn't even put a splint or cast on it. Even though it was left hand and I'm a righty it was very very inconvenient. You don't realize just how much you use the off hand until you cant..
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Wed May 09, 2012 10:31 am

Oh, I know how much I use the left hand even though I'm a righty! Plus, the cast is very ungainly, doesn't fit all my shirts and jackets, is a REAL MESS trying to wash.... I have some plastic newspaper thingys given to me by a friend - these are GREAT for showering, cleaning dishes, preparing foods - I hope - HOPE - that May 31 will be the date when the cast will say BYE-BYE!

Caddy Jim afro (My hair when I can't really comb it all!!)

Tat's Tales - I don't know what's happening?? cat SMASH!!!     3625377276 SMASH!!!     3625377276
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri May 11, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm on the road to recovery. I can still feel the bruises, and the rib is tender, but not broken. It's a deep bruise and stretched chest muscles. I did go to the chiropractor who did some magic stuff that caused disconcerting pops and cracks. It feels better. I go again next week and should be up and running normally then. I am also pursuing equine therapy. Cool

Jim, I broke my 5th metacarpal once and had a similar cast. It was 6 weeks until cast-off time. And what a relief! Best wishes for a speedy recovery and minimal itching.

Tat, take extra good care of your caddy. He is limping on his left front.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun May 13, 2012 4:55 pm

New car for me! I swore I was going to buy a used car, but they are really hard to come by now. Lots of people are selling junk, but used god cars are hard to find. They are almost as expensive as new ones at dealers, so I decided to just get a new car. I now have a Hyundai Elantra -- desert bronze. (Most people would call it tan.) It's a 6-speed, with minimal fancy stuff inside to keep the price reasonable. So far, I love it! I'll probably still love it, but will hate paying for it soon.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sun May 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Congratulations! Hyundais get very good ratings. My boss just recently got an Elantra too.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sun May 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Congrats!! I got my first NEW new car about 4 years ago (Honda Fit) and it's great having something new for once instead of buying someone else's problems. Enjoy your Elantra! Very Happy
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon May 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Congrats on the new wheels! I've never had a new car in my entire life, and most likely never will. Still, yours sounds nice and I know they get high marks for durability and gas mileage.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum