Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just in case....the heat

+2
gbste
jeanebellini
6 posters

Go down

just in case....the heat Empty just in case....the heat

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:42 pm

just in case i'm on in here for a night or two while the heat wave is hitting it could be that the electric is off or the electic went off and the ISP woudln't let me get back on the net. just wanted to let you guys know cuz things here are kinda funky right now. the power company is browning out or having something the resembles a rolling black out.
so right now i have no idea if i'll be able to get on at all some nights or only for a little bit sometimes.

is anyone else having a problem hooking up with their isp???
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

just in case....the heat Empty Re: just in case....the heat

Post by gbste Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:56 pm

Our isp went out for 3 days last week, no explanation given.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:24 pm

No, but the person who was sucking up all the
bandwidth has gone home.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:22 pm

i think they should have to at least do a run at the bottom of the tv screen when a part of the net goes down!
they don't have to go into details while its down but when it comes back up they could at least say whether it was the weather or sun spots or whatever. @
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:04 pm

I heard the heat wave out there on the East Coast is so bad that rolling blackouts might be necessary to keep the power grid from going completely down like it did once. Remember when half the East Coast and part of Canada went down? There is a slight cooldown coming your way Jeane, but it will only last a couple days. Still, any relief is better than none at all.

I just hope the electric doesn't go off since that also means you won't have so much as a fan to stay cool with.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:51 pm

The power did go out here. I think it was limited to the neighborhood my parents live in. I don't think it lasted long, but they went to WalMart shortly after it happened. I don't know the cause and this time, it wasn't even raining when it happened.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:34 pm

thank goodness it's cooled down a bit, though last night seemed even warmer that the 100 degree days because the humidity was so high.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:53 pm

have you been getting some of the rain we've been getting on this side of the river,lk?
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:01 pm

Our heat wave is intensifying every day by a few degrees. By Wednesday we're supposed to be under heat advisories it will be so hot and humid.

On a sad note, this past Monday a dog was found in the walmart parking lot locked in a car. His owner was in the next town over in court while her dog was dying from the heat. Police broke out two windows to get him out but it was too late for him. They figured the temp was over 120 in that car despite being parked in the shade. Poor pup didn't stand a chance.

Last edited by fiffur on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:02 pm

they had the same thing happen here just yesterday...they had three reports almost one after the other..one about a woman who left two kids in the apt while she went to work overnight (she's getting thrown in jail and will probably lose her kids cuz she was trying to make a living to keep them going), another was a woman (who they first said her cebral palsy but now say had downs) who was found dead in an apt with an ac unit in the downstairs(I think she died from the heat cuz she was upstairs?) her care givers (her mom and sister) didn't find her for more than a day! (they're going to jail for neglect).
Then there was the dog that was locked in a car while its owner was in an office or shopping (can't remember which)...people were trying to get the door open to give the poor thing water but it died before they could get to it. the owner might get fined.

i just hope i never come home to find dead kitties due to no ac down here. I don't want a repeat of LAST year.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 pm

we haven't had any rain is over a week, although there are supposed to be scattered showers all around. yesterday was actually weird, I was walking home, the sky was blue with some fluffy clouds and it was sprinkling rain.

lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:41 pm

The owner of that dog that died here was charged with Felony Animal Abuse resulting in Death. I hope they give her the maximum fine and jail time. We'll see...........

I might be miserable from the heat later this week but I do know to cool off in a cold shower, sit with a fan going, or leave my home to find AC elsewhere. I won't be one of those people who get found days later dead from the heat.....................
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:34 pm

do they have cooling centers around you,fiff?

i found out the reason i've been feeling hotter than ever was because i have a fever...esh...i hope it breaks soon cuz i'm sick of being sweaty and sticky!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:15 pm

None that are closeby. There are only 2 in Beloit, both in the "bad neighborhood". None in Rockton. The next best thing to a cooling center here is the library, I stood over the AC vent when I got in here this morning. Nothing like cold air blowing up your shorts and shirt to cool you off in a hurry! (thankfully nobody was in the magazine room yet to see this sight)
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum