Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My journey to better health

+5
BobCat
bpaquet
Suzzzz
Sue Short
fiffur
9 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

My journey to better health - Page 17 Empty Re: My journey to better health

Post by fiffur Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:26 pm

My sis' surgery went well and she's healing fast. Surgeon did a really good job. Several of the laminae they thought they'd have to cut off to implant the fusion cage were already broken off and loose floating in there. NO wonder she had so much pain in her back.

My mouth is almost completely healed up. Eating is much easier but biting off stuff like raw veggies is hard. These teeth do not have the sharper edges my real ones did. The bottom plate keeps coming loose too when I chew...I've nearly swallowed them on several occasions. I've yet to tackle the ultimate in eating: steak and a raw apple.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:51 pm

That's good news about your sister. As to the other small bites.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:28 pm

Smile Glad to hear eating is almost back to normal. Steak and apples... They sounds like a good together. Apple pie...
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed May 11, 2016 2:11 pm

Had a steak on Mothers Day....nearly swallowed my lower plate since it came loose. Still, it tasted sooooo good. These are the temporaries....permanent ones are in late June. I sure hope they fit better so I can eat an apple without having to hack it up first.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed May 11, 2016 7:19 pm

That's how I usually eat an apple.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed May 11, 2016 7:37 pm

I normally cut up my apples too. I like skin in every bite, and it's easier to get that when I cut them up. Smile

Glad to hear it isn't too much longer until you get good chewers.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:57 pm

I can hardly wait, the lowers have to be glued in twice a day or they come out. Uppers don't fit quite right either. I'm managing more stuff though.

My BGL have been running a bit high but it's been hot so that's probably why. And the stress of planning a house, packing on the sly, and trying to get this house off the ground so to speak isn't helping any. I was happy to get an entire bathroom vanity with sink and mirror for about 25% of it's original price, brand new and uninstalled elsewhere, at a rummage sale yesterday. It's our annual "Saleing on Rt. 75", the biggest rummage sale even of the entire year. Some of the sales are running more days than the ones for the event, which is good for me bargain hunting: http://www.beloitdailynews.com/news/route-garage-sale-offers-miles-of-deals-june-and/article_924e77be-92eb-11e1-aad5-001a4bcf887a.html
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:52 pm

It sounds like you're doing great. So much stuff going on. I've been sweating like a pig here trying to get the yard in order. Good thing is that it's great for keeping pounds off. Bad thing is that it wipes me out. I just tumble into bed and sleep like I'm dead.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Numbers are a bit higher, probably stress and upset about not getting my lot for a house. I didn't sleep well since I found out the place didn't perc..... Sad I wanted that lot sooo much.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:49 pm

I know my numbers will be going higher. Heat wave this week, stress at having my phone, medical coverage, and food cut off. And one of my neighbors is being a major bitch to me lately. No wonder I can't sleep and I'm running near 100 no matter what I eat (or don't). Had a migraine the past 5 days running, so bad on Sunday I didn't eat a thing until after 6:30pm-I was too nauseated from the headache I could barely keep water down. Shocked
If I can't get my coverage back I'll have to wean off all my meds for arthritis, asthma, migraine, allergies and go broke paying just for the glaucoma drops so I don't go blind.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:10 pm

100 isn't too bad. Take care of yourself!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:05 pm

I am....had oral surgery yesterday....in pain as I type this yet can't take another pain pill yet. 102 despite not having anything with carbs in it...just from being out in the heat and in pain (had 4 posts drilled into my lower jaw-permanent denture will 'snap in' when it's healed).

Dinner was blender soup, pudding for dessert, yogurt for breakfast today...not sure about dinner yet. Very tired from not much sleep last night.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Fif, I am sorry to hear this. Love and hugs.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Yuck! Oral surgery sounds like NO fun. Still... 102 isn't bad at all. Right where it should be considering stress/pain.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:14 pm

4 metal posts in my jaw now.....BGL are now hovering in the upper 90's. Not so sore but chewing is not easy.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:20 pm

Shocked
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:29 am

Those posts don't hurt anymore, the gum is healing. Now I have to use this funny looking toothbrush to keep the posts clean. They're for "snap in" dentures when I get the permanent ones. I've nearly swallowed the bottom one more times than I can count (gluing them in 3 times a day!) so this was the only solution. The glue has a warning lable about it containing zinc.....I was worried about zinc toxicity from swallowing so much of it trying to keep the lowers in.

BGL still in the upper 90's, but now it's from the strain of being in heat/humidity.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:55 pm

Get to see the new teeth for the permanent dentures Wednesday in wax. Last week they had them really off center, but the size, shape, and color were okay.

Now to get this sciatica and shin pain to go away. Doc mentioned maybe doing some physical therapy. Hope that helps, the back and hip aren't too bad anymore but the shin pain just keeps going and going and going. They won't give me anything for the pain so I can sleep. Feels like shin splints only worse and only in one leg.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:31 pm

My mom had that. They prescribed physical therapy. She called it physical terrorism and hated every moment. But, it did help a lot.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:15 pm

Can't have the therapy yet, my medical is changing stuff in their computer so nothing is paid for until I get my new card in the mail....in about 3 weeks. Can't get my meds refilled either until then. The pain is less in my leg but every once in a while I go to crouch down and *zing* a sharp pain goes up and down my shin and deep in the ankle. What the heck is causing that I don't know.

Jaw is sore again too, new dentures don't quite fit right. Can't get in to see the dentist until next Thursday. It's the owner as my regular guy had surgery last week and is out for a month. Too bad, I like the owner much better and wish he were my dentist but he only fills in, doesn't practice fulltime anymore. The lowers don't move at all, which is very nice. I had all I could do to get those out the first night, but it rubs my lip inside raw (it needs some trimming and smoothing on that edge). Uppers dig in the middle of my palate (looks like a thumbprint bruise), there's an angry red line all across the back of my mouth, and a big sore spot deep in the upper right hinge too. It even hurts that hinge to swallow, chew, or sneeze. Had to go back to wearing the temporaries until I can get in.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:14 pm

Shocked OUCH! No fun. I had to start wearing my mouth guard when I sleep again. I was giving myself headaches and jaw aches from grinding my teeth while I sleep. That sounds like nothing compared to your ordeal.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:20 pm

Mouth is better since going back to the temps again. Leg pain is sporadic, no rhyme or reason to it. Just zing....up or down the shin bone and sometimes from the hip.
Medical is now straightened out...now to schedule my torture **er** therapy sessions.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:07 pm

Good luck! I remember my mom swearing it was torture too. She's been better since she did it though. No flare ups at all.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:12 pm

The therapy is killing me, I'm on my own this week since the therapist is on vacation. What she'll do when she finds out I didn't do my exercises the past 3 days......(I've been sick with nausea and dire-rear like water: cause unknown).
They're trying to realign my entire hip structure through exercise. I think they've bitten off more than I can chew.

New dentures don't fit right....and they're being real slow in fixing them. Probably trying to run the 90 day money back guarantee clock out on me.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:17 pm

I'd bet you have that norovirus. It sneaks up on you and POW. Ick.

I hope the rest gets worked out. Physical therapy is never fun, and hips are especially difficult to work with. Tight tendons and muscles. Good luck!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next