Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing My Blue Cat Today

+5
bpaquet
Sue Short
Susan A
ARNIgal
BobCat
9 posters

Go down

Missing My Blue Cat Today Empty Missing My Blue Cat Today

Post by BobCat Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:50 pm

I don't have a topic for my critters yet (I need to start one), but today marks one year since we let our Blue go, and I'm missing him terribly today. I recalled one particularly funny story about trying to move him from our other house to our current home back in 2000, which made me smile, but I have really been thinking of how big a void that little kitty left in our family. He was such a good boy and I miss him today.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Missing My Blue Cat Today Empty Re: Missing My Blue Cat Today

Post by ARNIgal Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:26 pm

My condolences...sounds about how I think about my Cookie from time to time...
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan A Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:45 pm

*Sigh*

To paraphrase what Mockingbird said to me when we let Scout go, he will always be in your heart, but we know that you miss him terribly in your life (and on your porch chair). Special kitty hugs to you today.
Susan A
Susan A
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:43 pm

To be so small they leave such a huge hole in
you heart when they leave.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Hugs for you. It's hard sometimes, isn't it?
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:39 am

It is hard, and they do leave quite a void. Thanks for the hugs and thoughts. I know we elevated his status, being the senior of the bunch, but he truly did fill that role. We swore that he saw himself as one of us, and that he had three pets of his own, Bob, Argo & Lyra.

Something odd that I should add. I know I'm making more of this than I should, but as I went to the basement this morning to tend to the litterbox, Bobby came down there to supervise, as usual, and then he went right over to that exact spot on the carpet where we found Blue that morning after he had his "stroke," and he he settled down right there, almost as though he knew.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:55 am

Missing My Blue Cat Today 20090608_2257

SusanA mentioned looking for a picture of my best boy, Blue, so I thought I'd upload this one. It was a favorite of mine, taken only about a month and a half before he passed, but as you can see, he was still such a handsome fellow.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:32 pm

BobCat wrote:Missing My Blue Cat Today 20090608_2257

SusanA mentioned looking for a picture of my best boy, Blue, so I thought I'd upload this one. It was a favorite of mine, taken only about a month and a half before he passed, but as you can see, he was still such a handsome fellow.

Yes. Blue was handsome. We, at the members of this forum, will never forget him.
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:33 pm

They know, animals communicate in ways that we are too
hide bound to consider.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:35 pm

BobCat wrote:
Something odd that I should add. I know I'm making more of this than I should, but as I went to the basement this morning to tend to the litterbox, Bobby came down there to supervise, as usual, and then he went right over to that exact spot on the carpet where we found Blue that morning after he had his "stroke," and he he settled down right there, almost as though he knew.

Bobby knew and knows, Mary. I've no doubt, however brief his focus may be, that Bob settled on that spot because he, too, was marking as best he could his own remembering of Blue and his connection with your remembering. Don't discount the moment, Mary. Cherish it!

That is a beautiful picture of Blue! I vaguely remember a story you told us about Blue and a little girl? All I can really remember is that that's when I knew your Blue, however grumpy, was a wise old soul.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:05 am

I am so sorry I wasn't online the past two days to ease your pain of missing Blue. I know it's been a year but the pain is still there and you miss him. Bob was probably remembering and missing him too.
(wish I could've seen the pics)

As long as Blue is remembered he is never really truly gone. He was such a special kitty.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:15 pm

I sent you a copy of that photo of Blue, Fif. And the story of the little girl with Blue that Suzzzz mentioned was a favorite of mine. She was kind of an annoying little thing, always getting into stuff, but harmless. Knowing Blue's grumpy nature, when she started showing interest in him, I stretched the truth a bit and said that he was kind of a mean kitty, in hopes that she would just leave him be. I didn't want her to get in his face and possibly get a swat. Not too long afterward, I glanced out the picture window and there she stood, cradling him in her arms! I did one of these affraid and flew out the front door! When I got to where she was standing on the sidewalk, I saw my grumpy Blue caressing her cheek with his, PURRRRRRING like a sweet kitten. I thought to myself 'YOU STINKER!!! Now she's going to want to sweep you up and hug you any time she sees you!' Then the girl set him down and told me "He's HEAVY!" (which he was at the time) and walked off to get into some other trouble. I guess she had done what she wanted, and she may have said hello to him from time to time, but never bothered picking him up again.

Blue had a sensibility about him that told him that children, puppies and kittens were babies, and that they required special care, even if they were bothersome. Bobby took great advantage of Blue's good nature when he was a baby, and Blue was a wise old sage, and he really gave Blue a hard way to go for the first year or so...

I do occasionally see Bob go right to that spot on the carpet where he stopped the other morning, and sit right there, all by himself for a little quiet time. It's an otherwise strange spot for him to sit. He had never done it before Blue passed.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:46 pm

i haven't been posting in here cuz by the time i'm done reading i'm usually too bleary eyed to type.(I;'ve yet to go to the older forum and transfer the stuff about Buddy and i know i need to do it SOON).

i don't know what it is...the kitties here have been going into the bathroom to sleep a lot lately...its where BUddy spent a lot of time in the end. maybe there is some risidual vibes around this time of year.

i like the story about the little girl...reminds me of an episode of Martha (the talking dog on PBS).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:21 pm

I like the story about the little girl too. Seems she had a way with furkids that was uncanny. And after she picked up and hugged Blue she was satisfied. Good thing he was so sweet and purring for her.

Got the pic, he was so sweet in it.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:26 pm

fiffur wrote:I like the story about the little girl too. Seems she had a way with furkids that was uncanny.

I think it was the other way around. I love you
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Suzzzz wrote:
fiffur wrote:I like the story about the little girl too. Seems she had a way with furkids that was uncanny.

I think it was the other way around. I love you

I think you're absolutely right, Suzzzz. Blue was a heck of a guy, and that kid was annoying before she had her little hugfest with my boy, and continued to be a pest for several more years afterward! But I can still see the two of them in my memory - cheek to cheek out there on that sidewalk. It was a precious scene, but I think she simply got lucky to have scooped up my Blue, who was really NOT a mean kitty at all. Missing My Blue Cat Today Herz
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:27 am

Blue definitely had a strong affect on peoples! He seemed to have known that a good hugging was what that lil girl wanted and needed.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:17 pm

fiffur wrote:Blue definitely had a strong affect on peoples! He seemed to have known that a good hugging was what that lil girl wanted and needed.

Yep - that's true. Because he was not a glutton for hugs (Bobby is a hugger every day!), I always felt very special when he was in the right mood and I'd get one of those great cheek-to-cheek hugs from him too...but I always had to watch those claws! When he would hug you back, sometimes he would grab on with those deadly claws of his and YIKES!!! Missing My Blue Cat Today Fresse It could get quite painful when he did his "happy paws" kneading thing too. He was a passionate kitty. When he was happy, it was big happy, and when he was grumpy, everyone knew that too.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:29 pm

happy paws..i've got to remember that! will put it in there with the snakey tail;) i have all these visions in my head Smile
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:22 pm

jeanebellini wrote:happy paws..i've got to remember that! will put it in there with the snakey tail;) i have all these visions in my head Smile

Do you mean "rattlesnake tail" when they are all excited or agitated and it vibrates? Blue was good at that too.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:39 pm

Petie is great at that. We call it "shaky tail." He usually makes a funny little meow and shakes his tail when he's running up for dinner.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:13 pm

that's it...shakey tail! i remembered it as snakey tail! some of the rescue kitties have their tails sort of wiggle like an 's' snake when they're getting something happy (like scratched at the base of their tail).

jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:54 am

Oh yes, we call them tail shivers here. Bijoux does that when he's very happy and also when he's about to get his dinner!

I'm sure Blue didn't mean to hurt you when he hugged you, he was just hugging so hard and tight because he was happy and just couldn't contain himself anymore.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:17 pm

fiffur wrote:Oh yes, we call them tail shivers here. Bijoux does that when he's very happy and also when he's about to get his dinner!

I'm sure Blue didn't mean to hurt you when he hugged you, he was just hugging so hard and tight because he was happy and just couldn't contain himself anymore.

And even though I still cringe to think of those claws, I sure miss those big hugs from Blue. I love you
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:34 pm

I know you do.

I know I'll miss Bijoux's full-body hugs when he's gone, hopefully over 10 years from now. He's 9.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down