Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thankful for the Rescue of the Chilean Miners

+3
Susan A
fluffnstuff
BobCat
7 posters

Go down

Thankful for the Rescue of the Chilean Miners Empty Thankful for the Rescue of the Chilean Miners

Post by BobCat Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:31 pm

I don't want to speak too soon, but it seems to be going so smoothly. I'm very thankful that this story is headed toward a very, very happy ending.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Thankful for the Rescue of the Chilean Miners Empty Re: Thankful for the Rescue of the Chilean Miners

Post by fluffnstuff Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm always glad whenever I find out another miner reached the surface safe.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Thankful for the Rescue of the Chilean Miners Empty Re: Thankful for the Rescue of the Chilean Miners

Post by Susan A Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:04 pm

What a saga! Praises be cheers cheers cheers !
Susan A
Susan A
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:16 pm

the last i saw changing channels they still had more to come out. last night i swear they were saying that they'd all be out in one hour (from when they were speaking..some were already out) and that geez, almost 24hrs ago!

i'm just amazed they were down there that long. i think a lot of things were learned with this situation and will be used in similar disasters. as much as i hope there never will be another mine cave in, its almost certain to happen.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:05 pm

The last miner came up minutes ago. It is a very good thing all came up alive and no major glitches happened during the process. I think there are some rescue people still down in the mine.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:52 am

YEAH! A safe rescue for all 33 miners! Very Happy
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:42 am

jeanebellini wrote:the last i saw changing channels they still had more to come out. last night i swear they were saying that they'd all be out in one hour (from when they were speaking..some were already out) and that geez, almost 24hrs ago!

i'm just amazed they were down there that long. i think a lot of things were learned with this situation and will be used in similar disasters. as much as i hope there never will be another mine cave in, its almost certain to happen.

It took almost 20 minutes just to bring the capsule up from the mine each time they brought up a miner, and then it had to go back down again, so it almost took an hour for each person. I heard someone say that this rescue was 75% engineering expertise, and 25% miracle. Sounds about right to me.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:55 pm

They said this morning it didn't take as long as they thought to bring them all up. And they're all okay too. Now if the media will let them alone while they readjust, and not bother them unless they WANT to talk to the media...........
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:48 pm

sounds right to me took,bc.
the only problem i can see are the guys (or is it just one?)who had a wife and a girlfriend. Wendy Williams was casting her movie for the rescue. it was hilarious!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:40 pm

I heard about only one with a wife and mistress.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:45 am

I didn't hear about that at all.............
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:24 pm

There was at least one with a wife and a mistress. Both were "invited" to the rescue when they brought him up, but only the mistress came. Someone told me it was number 14 pulled from the mine, and the woman who greeted him was blonde. I saw many miners come up, but every woman that I saw greet them was dark haired. I heard as many as five had that same situation.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Nothing like a months-long international spotlight to expose one's private peccadilloes. Several of those guys have got some 'splainin' to do. Not to the world, but to their wives. Might be even scarier than their recent ordeal. Evil or Very Mad
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:17 pm

from what i heard (I only saw the back of her head) the 'mistress' wasn't anything to write home about..nobody you'd think of a the mysterious other woman. Wendy WIlliams said she'd cast Susan Boyle in her role!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:35 pm

I wasn't surprised to read that they are still wearing sunglasses. After 2 1/2 months in a dark mine, I'm sure it will be a while before their eyes adjust to the bright light of day up here on top. I wonder what other adjustments they'll have ahead of them.............besides maybe a divorce for the ones with mistresses that is.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:59 pm

and i think the glasses they're wearing cost over $400...i wonder who donated them?
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum