Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police dog killed in line of duty

+2
fiffur
jimkr2t
6 posters

Go down

Police dog killed in line of duty Empty Police dog killed in line of duty

Post by jimkr2t Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:55 am

Sad news from South Jersey. The other night a police dog was killed helping to arrest a suspect in a robbery at a nearby restaurant. The dog, Schultz, and his handler from the Gloucester Twp (Camden County), were chasing the suspect along Route 42. The dog caught up with the robber and latched onto his arm. The man managed to THROW the dog into oncoming traffic and Schultz was killed - the robber was also slightly hurt. He was captured about three hours later.

I have checked some of the media web pages - you can go to 6ABC.com and scan down for stories about this including some slides showing the Gloucester Twp. and other PD's gathering at the vet's and SALUTING THE PD DOG as his body is carried inside. He was really a member of the team!

In NJ, killing a PD dog means 5 years in jail and $15000 in fines - but this can't really pay back for what Schultz and other PD dogs have given to us. Peace be to you, Schultz!

Missing my furkids - Sam, Mom, and Vic - Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Police dog killed in line of duty Empty Re: Police dog killed in line of duty

Post by fiffur Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:15 pm

I hope they throw the book at that guy! I know they'll bury Schultz with full honors, he died in the line of duty. Very touching that he got saluted as they took him into the vets office.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:09 pm

I wish all states had the same law for killing a police dog. Rest in peace, Schultz.
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:56 pm

So do I. These dogs are incredible. When I was with
the paper one the customers in my home district was
a K-9 officer. They were really great.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:14 pm

All honor to that brave dog who died in the line of duty. NEVER tell me that those dogs are only doing what they do for treats. NO! They understand perfectly that, while training may be fun and invigorating, it is also serious work, and when they go out on calls with their humans they understand that they are on serious duty. That dog acted selflessly and couragously as a police officer, and should be afforded all honor due to one of that police force. And the man who killed him should face the same consequenses as he would for killing any officer of the law. IMO.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:35 pm

they didn't have that on the news up here...i'm glad that we have the law where that idiot will at least serve time for the murder. of course i feel that the punishment should be the same as killing any other police officer....but at least there is something that will be done.
and ya know, those dogs don't even do their jobs for treats.....at least not scooby snax type treats! they get play time as a reward....i know that drug sniffinf dogs get to catch a ball or i think do a tug toy when they find drugs.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum