Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dozens of cats die in fire in Wayne NJ

4 posters

Go down

Dozens of cats die in fire in Wayne NJ Empty Dozens of cats die in fire in Wayne NJ

Post by lovekitties Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:27 pm

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7917273

I heard about this on the news yesterday. How awful
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Dozens of cats die in fire in Wayne NJ Empty Re: Dozens of cats die in fire in Wayne NJ

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:06 pm

i heard about a house fire and all the kitties dying but i didn't keep the news on. in the announcement at the start of the news they didn't say where it was.
the organization is the one i used to do the volunteering for....NOT the one the lady down the street is involved with. Its a long story but that group is very odd and political. i know the lady down the street has foster kitties..i don't know,a dozen maybe?> nothing like 60+!
i wonder if this is common for rescue groups...to have that many cats or dogs in one house and keep them in cages? at least if they were free to walk around they would have had a chance to escape. gawd....it just makes me sick.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Dozens of cats die in fire in Wayne NJ Empty Re: Dozens of cats die in fire in Wayne NJ

Post by Sue Short Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:49 pm

How awful, that is terrible news.
That is a huge number for that type of situation. A true rescue/sanctuary
have a house or building that has been remodeled to house the cats and their
caretakers. Most foster homes will have a dozen or less, with a specific area
set aside for the fosters. In either case the animals are not housed in cages unless
they are in quarentine.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:30 pm

yeah,i thought it was weird that they were in cages. i've heard of people who do that with their dogs...esp when the people are away from home..but it doesn't make sense to have that many cats like that. i mean, if they're new or if they need to be kept seperate that's different. but it seems that most people have a seperate room in the house to keep them if they do this...at least for part of the time. i think Gretchen does this.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:03 pm

So sad so many innocent kitties died like this...........horrible. And in cages with no chance to escape. I can imagine the terror those kitties must have felt.................
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down