Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Foundling Day, Georgia Rose! ♥

4 posters

Go down

Happy Foundling Day, Georgia Rose! ♥ Empty Happy Foundling Day, Georgia Rose! ♥

Post by mockingbird Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:29 am

Tonight, it will be 5 years since we found our little Georgia Rose, alone and hungry and unloved.
Many of you may remember her story I wrote and it was used on the old Mutts site as one of the
"Kennel Stories" there. In case you forgot, or we are new to you, here is our story...

We had gone to a Haunted Forest set up by a volunteer fire department in a town about 45 minutes from us. We had just arrived with friends and were out in the parking lot, when my husband (Joshua) saw this little red dog step out of the treeline. He called to her and she came over. The saddest little doggy in the world. He pet her and then we went ahead and went through the Haunted Forest. When we came back out and were getting ready to leave, we could see the little dog by the trees again. Again, he called to her and again over came the saddest little dog. We could feel the tics embedded in her ears and see her hipbones and ribs. I questioned whether this little dog lived there as they weren't taking good care of her. He guessed she did live there as there was nothing else around but woods. Just as we were saying goodbye to the little dog, a man came along and said as he walked by "That little dog wandered over here about 3 days ago. We're not feeding her so if you want her, you better take her." In to the car we went, with me holding this little dog for the longest ride home we had ever had. She shivered and shook and was so scared. I held her as Joshua drove and she finally fell asleep in my arms.

She was red and we found her in Georgia, so we named her Georgia Rose. All she did for the first 3 days was sleep and eat. And on the 4th day she woke up and has been a little ball of happy energy ever since. As sad as she was that night is as happy as she is now. She has food, is warm and dry and is definitely loved. She has turned out to be a comfort dog for whenever I am sad or hurt, she stays right with me until I feel better. ♥

Happy Foundling Day, little Georgia Rose!
I'm so glad we were there that night.
mockingbird
mockingbird
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

http://www.wildgooseberry.com

Back to top Go down

Happy Foundling Day, Georgia Rose! ♥ Empty Re: Happy Foundling Day, Georgia Rose! ♥

Post by WarriorNY Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:06 am

She is so lucky that you found her and gave her a great home. I love you
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Happy Foundling Day, Georgia Rose! ♥ Empty Re: Happy Foundling Day, Georgia Rose! ♥

Post by Sue Short Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:43 pm

Ear rubs and hugs.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:46 pm

I can't believe it's been 5 years! I remember that story VERY well. It made me cry then, and it made me cry again tonight. Proof that miracles happen and true hearts can find each other despite all odds.

Joyous Founding Day to Mockingbird, Joshua and Miss Georgia Rose!
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down