Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiny Prudence, rescued from the street

+3
Fire Flower
Sue Short
gbste
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tiny Prudence, rescued from the street Empty Tiny Prudence, rescued from the street

Post by gbste Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:11 pm

A kind man who helps with TNR on his street rescued Prudence from the middle of the street.  He realized he'd seen this tiny kitten, and pulled a U turn, rushed back, and grabbed her up as a truck was approaching.  She was sleeping on his lap when I got there to pick her up, but she came awake hissing and spitting.  I had a bottle of formula with me, so we wrapped her in a towel and got her to eat something.  When I got her home, she also ate a little mix of canned cat food/formula/water.  After I cleaned her up, she decided to forgo the hissing and spitting.  I would say she's about 3 weeks old, and very full of herself when she's awake.

Tiny Prudence, rescued from the street 010_6410
Tiny Prudence, rescued from the street 012_6410
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Tiny Prudence, rescued from the street Empty Re: Tiny Prudence, rescued from the street

Post by Sue Short Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:16 pm

Just saw her photo on FB. What a cutie and lucky to boot.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Tiny Prudence, rescued from the street Empty Re: Tiny Prudence, rescued from the street

Post by Fire Flower Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:36 am

Adorable!

The man who saved her is a hero! cheers 

Fire Flower
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:44 pm

She is absolutely adorable! That man is a true hero, braving traffic to save her like that. Is he interested in adopting her maybe?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:36 pm

He already has a cat that he adopted after we rescued her. Missy does NOT like other cats, and she even becomes violent with her people if there is another cat around.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:31 pm

That's not good. How Prudence doing today?
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:47 pm

She's definitely a cutie. I'm so glad her savior went back to get her. I'm sure she'll have no trouble finding people. She's feisty and cute. Who could resist?
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:45 pm

Pru has had several meals, including two from a dish that included a little canned kitten food mixed in with formula and some water. She's a good sleeper, and wants to eat as soon as she wakes up. She's a good little trooper so far.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:11 pm

That IS good news! How is she during playtime? Any kitten mischief yet?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:06 pm

She's too little to cause very much trouble. She mainly eats and sleeps right now. She has started demanding her meals in a nice loud voice, though.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:26 pm

What a Silly Precious Kitteh Girl.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:22 pm

Oh! Heartswell! I love you I love you I love you 
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Pru had a good day so far today. She peed on me once--maybe she's getting past the need for stimulation to eliminate.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Good girl! (EEW!) Smile 
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:22 pm

BECKY!!!
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Sure sounds like she doesn't need any more stimulation in that department gbste!

Good to hear she has a great set of lungs on her!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:23 pm

She ate 2 "mush" meals today. She's a little disappointed that she's not allowed to walk in the food dish, but she sops it up with a little encouragement. I'm going to have to upsize her crate in a couple of days. She's better at walking already, so I have been letting her walk around on the floor for a few minutes before each meal. That's a little difficult, as there are bunches of other pets who want to supervise, and she's too tiny to let them interact with her much.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Awww! I think she might be overwhelming us with cuteness soon. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:42 am

I have a feeling if we saw pics of her eating we'd be overwhelmed by cuteness already! Bring on the pics! Please!!!! cat 
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Pru is starting to scratch like crazy during bottle feedings, and she's turned her nose up at the last couple of mush feedings. I'm going to crush up some kitten chow and leave some of that and a dish of water in her crate and see if she'll start trying some kibble.

I don't know how cute the video of her current feeding behavior would be. Funny, perhaps, with her claws going a hundred miles an hour and me trying to keep my fingers out of range.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:02 pm

I think her mom would be weaning her with that kind of behavior. Kibble is definitely in order. (OUCH!)
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:05 pm

I've seen a couple of videos on Youtube of bottle kittens doing this.  I've never seen one do it to a mama cat, though. Here's a link, but this kitten is older than Pru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU3Shjf9Dnw
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Just sent the link to that video to my mom. Hopefully their computer will be working so we can see it. It's been acting up something terrible the past few days. Just won't load a dratted thing!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Pru has been spending some time in the big "cat condo" pen I bought this summer. She can move around and watch the birds in there. She has kibble and water in there, but so far she mainly walks in those dishes. I have been getting her to eat some canned kitten food each time I feed her today. I may have to take her to school starting on Thursday so that I can be sure she eats something during the day. The first 3 days this week are work days, so I can come home at lunch and feed her through tomorrow. I have a really big storage closet that she can hang out in during the day there.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:12 pm

That's pretty neat, you can take your cat to school.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next