Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paralyzed cat saved by hydro therapy

3 posters

Go down

paralyzed cat saved by hydro therapy Empty paralyzed cat saved by hydro therapy

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:20 pm

here's a cute story about a kitty who was paralyzed in one leg and recovered by swimming:)
http://www.tonic.com/article/kittie-paddling-saves-paralyzed-cat/
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

paralyzed cat saved by hydro therapy Empty Re: paralyzed cat saved by hydro therapy

Post by fiffur Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:12 pm

I heard a little something about this yesterday. Cute cat too. So glad this therapy worked for her, and that her breed is naturally good about being in the water. I can't imagine my Bijoux or my sis' Annabelle being willing to go into a pool of water............
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

paralyzed cat saved by hydro therapy Empty Re: paralyzed cat saved by hydro therapy

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:51 pm

i've never had a cat that even liked to lay i the sink and drink water from the drip...but there are cats that do like the water. i think if she didn't like the water in the beginning they would have tried something (less water etc) to help.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:28 pm

My sis's previous cat Wuzzy didn't mind the water at all. He liked it and would play with the drip in the sink and even lay there getting dripped on while napping. He'd wake up all soaked on one side.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:54 pm

there are a lot of kitties like that sinks and drips and just plain water....i've seen pics and heard stories but never had one of my own. though i think Buddy might have sat in the sink if i had a regular sink with a counter around it. (my sink is just a tiny old fashioned one).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:49 pm

I have a picture of Ascot, when he was a kitten sitting
in the sink playing with a drip. Boo used to love
to camp out in the sink.

You some of the big cats love water.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:41 pm

i wonder if ms puff (and mr puff if he were still here) would like to get in a sink. they had the big scary sink in the laundry room (not a good kitty place...too deep for a kitty to just jump out of ) and the little one in the bathroom and they never went into either.
THOUGH Buddy did like to stretch up to the sink. he could put his paws up there and almost look into the sink. ANd near the end Paulie actually got into the sink when i was petting her up on the washer. she might have liked to have gotten into a bathroom sink if there was one with a counter around it.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Yeah, if there was even a tiny bit of counter space for them to jump up onto, they'd have gotten into a regular sized porcelain sink.
Buddy sounds like he was on the tall side, like our Fiffur was. Longer legs sure do help a kitty reach up higher for stuff.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:03 pm

not so much long legs but a long body and he could really stretch. (also the bathroom fixtures are really low down here..they're very old and i have a feeling that back in theh 40s and before they made things shorter and lower cuz a lot of the people were shorter and lower!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:49 am

Oh, Fiffur had long legs and could really stretch his body too. He could see out the apartment windows easily yet Bijoux can't quite reach his chin up there no matter how hard he tries.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum