Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bud & Patch

3 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Bud & Patch Empty Bud & Patch

Post by Sue Short Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:08 pm

Hi, my name is Bud. though I'm also known as the Worthless Wonder Cat. I came to live with the Food Lady when Don Antonio passed. I had been hanging around caging for food and she was always happy to oblige. Life on the streets was loosing it's appeal as I got older. I vaguely remember living the good life but that was all so long ago. When Food Lady was told she no longer had a job and a place to live. Started making arrangements so that Patch and I could come with her. So here we are.

I'm Patch. I'm timid and having a hard time adjusting to not living rough. While scary, it's not as scary as living rough. I don't have to worry about anything. Still I hide but I do come out for noms. And I'm starting use the cat tree that Food Lady bought. Still I was terrified when Food Lady trapped me so we could move. More about that later.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Bud & Patch Empty Re: Bud & Patch

Post by fluffnstuff Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:49 pm

Hi Patch. I don't remember living outside now, but one of my hoomans wanted me inside and I walked into a trap. I was scared. I was taken inside and it took my hoomans long time to get me tamed. I was hiding all time. I don't know how long it will take you to not hide so much.

Tortie
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:21 pm

Tortie, than you for the kind words.  See this is the second time I was trapped.  The first time was for something called TNR.  While I went back to the streets at least I no longer had babies that I had to watch die.  I also saw my friends and family go into traps and never come back.  So you can understand my fears.  Food Lady is doing the best she can.

Still it's nice to know where my next meal is coming from and to have fresh water.  And even though I'm still fearful and I no longer live in terror.  Patch
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:03 pm

I was constantly begging for food when I came inside. It took me a long time for me to learn I didn't have to beg for my food and it would be provided for me. I was only trapped once and I was taken to a scary place to get stabbed and have something called spayed. Then I was taken to what is now my home.

Tortie
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:24 pm

I'm glad we now have homes. Hopefully I will stop being fearful. Patch
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 pm

Hi Patch.

I remember living a rough life. I was never timid when I came here, but I felt like I needed to defend myself and I was violent. I got used to my new life in a while, and now I love living inside and getting regular noms. My brother is a lazy sot and has always been inside. He will tell you that it's the only way to go, but I understand why you hide. It will be ok in time. Trust Food Lady, but take your time letting her know you do.

Winnie
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:33 pm

Hi Bud,

I am glad you have a new home. I love having a home where it is nice and dry, and I get my noms and meds. I hear that you like to go on adventures. I did that once. I got very scared. I admire how brave you are and that you know who Food Lady is so you come to her. I was so happy to see my caddy and meowmy when they rescued me from my adventure. Do keep sharing your stories. I like to stay inside-y, but I like reading about your high times.

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:44 pm

Hi Mouski,

I like this indoor life. I did a door dive earlier in the week but it's getting chilly which means the cold hard weather is on the way. I still get to enjoy the balcony and the sun puddles there in the morning. In the afternoon there are sun puddles on the couch.

You know what the best thing is. Regular noms, and noms that you don't have to share with the raccoons, etc. did I mention that they also don't have bugs and dirt in them. Bud
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:37 am

My hoomans give us noms that we like. They even rotate flavors so we won't get bored with the food. I don't know what's it like being outside.

Junko
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:41 am

Hi Junko and Winnie,

Winnie thank you for your encouraging words. I'm coming out at night to sleep in the little cat perch. I also tell Food Lady thank you rubbing her legs and MEEPING at her. There is always a selection of wet noms. I'm not much on kibble, so I get two tins of food .
a day. It's so nice to always have a full tummy and now
that it's getting cold it's nice to have a warm safe place
to sleep.

Patch
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:11 pm

Isn't it great? I like crunchy food, but I have learned to really like tinned food too. We get tinned food twice a day and have crunchy food is always there. Lately we have been eating a lot. My brother says that his brother who is at the Bridge now said kitties need to fluff up for the cold weather.

Winnie
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:29 pm

Hi Winnie,

Crunchy is okay but tinned is the best. Sometimes I get a flavor that I don't especially care for but that's okay. I always know where my next meal is coming from. Food Lady says I've gained a little weight and my coat looks much better now. A nice glossy black. Patch
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:59 pm

Hi Winnie,

My hooman gives us tinned food in the morning after she gets up. There are crunchies out all the time. My hooman's brother had two black cats, but not at the same time.

Junko
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:04 pm

Hey, it's Food Lady here. I'm thinking of confining Patch to the kitchen with her litter box. I'm hoping this will encourage her to poop in it. There will also be water and snacks too. Hopefully this will help.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:17 pm

Definitely worth a shot. She'll get the idea eventually. Also, she might want a different litter. Mine give the paws up for Swheat Scoop.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:23 pm

I tried confining her to the kitchen last night. She went over the top. I will try the Swheat Scoop, the box I have for her has world's best multicat unscented. Tia Sue
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:45 pm

Do you have a box with a lid? That might be a good thing to try too. Maybe she likes privacy. I prefer the one with the lid and my brother likes the open one. Both of them are very deep so we don't usually miss over the side. MOL

Winnie
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:54 pm

Winnie, thank you for the suggestion. I am more than willing to try it. I figure anything I don't use I can donate to a rescue. Tia Sue
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:53 pm

bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:50 pm

Winnie, I will check them out. The huge box I bought right after I moved is that brand. It's high sided and fits into a corner. Bud loves it. Normally I won't have a litter box in the kitchen but I wonder if I moved the small one I bought for her in the kitchen if she would use. Kitchen is her safe place. Thanks for the idea. Tia Sue
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:48 am

We like the corner ones because they are guarded on our backs while we are in a vulnerable position.

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi Mouski,

That's the one Bud prefers though he does use the one in the bedroom. It's in a broken down dog crate so he has lot of privacy. Tia Sue
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:54 pm

Patch, when my sister first came here, she was very scared and defensive. That made me nervous so I had accidents. But, everything is fine now. I hope you get comfortable in your new house-y. It is so nice to be warm and dry when it is icky outside.

Mouski
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:04 pm

Thank you Mouski. I'm trying. Food Lady makes sure I get tinned food twice a day. And there is always kibble and fresh water. Even inside i can tell the Starving Time is getting ready to start. Bud says we no longer have to worry. is he right? i hope so. I remember having to go hungry for many sleeps because of evil weather. Patch

Food Lady here. Patch onnly seems to be pooping outside the boxes. If she is peeing I can't figure out where because the house does not that ODOR.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:44 am

That is what Mouski did too when he felt sick. I was very confused because he had never had potty issues. GK did it as well when he was very old. He would jump into the tub to do it. No No

Is she picking a spot to leave her piles or are they anywhere? I used some Stay Away spray for the spot Mouski chose. Once he felt better, I wanted to be sure he hadn't formed a habit. We're back to happy potty time.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum