Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stupid question but.... (need help with something? ask here and somebody might know!)

+4
Sue Short
Susan A
lovekitties
jeanebellini
8 posters

Go down

stupid question but.... (need help with something? ask here and somebody might know!) Empty stupid question but.... (need help with something? ask here and somebody might know!)

Post by jeanebellini Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:37 pm

okay...i know i'm always having crazy things i've been trying to do but just can't figure out. i'm sure others have problems as well...whether its trying to figure out how to change measurements in a recipe or how to do something more technical maybe there's somebody in here who knows the answer. we do have a pretty diverse crowd in here:)

i'm going to start this off because i've spent over an hour trying to figure this out and have the backache to prove it!
This computer is set up for windows 7 ...i loaded a ton of pictures from my camera into the computer. they all went into a kodak album...BUT i know i can put them in the 'pictures' (used to be 'my pictures" on every other computer i've used) part of the computer. and the picture part is where i can load them in here into photobucket or something.
quite by accident, early on in the loading process, i actually got a picture into the 'picture' section. now i can't figure out how i did it! does anyone out there know what i'm talking about and know how i can get the pictures from one place to the other? i'd really like to share some of these with you guys! i have the last pictures i took of Liam, Buddy and Paulie in there! (as well as pics of Patrick from NYCC and the artfest!)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

stupid question but.... (need help with something? ask here and somebody might know!) Empty Re: stupid question but.... (need help with something? ask here and somebody might know!)

Post by lovekitties Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:08 pm

I always say "there are no stupid questions".
Sorry I can't help on this but you know how computer illiterate I am.

now ask me how to convert pounds into kilos and I can help you. LOL
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

stupid question but.... (need help with something? ask here and somebody might know!) Empty Re: stupid question but.... (need help with something? ask here and somebody might know!)

Post by jeanebellini Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:45 pm

well ya never know...somebody made need to know that one of these days!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan A Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:37 pm

At work I use and am fairly comfortable with XP. My laptop is Vista (Home ), and I find it fairly miserable to work with. I think 7 is supposed to fix a lot of the Vista issues. I understand that Microsoft didn't want to attach the "Vista" name to it because there has been so much negative reaction to Vista.

I would think you should be able to copy and/or move the pictures from the Kodak folder into "My Pictures" if you can find where they are located. That doesn't seem like it should be difficult, but I have found Vista to be much more difficult to navigate than XP. Do you get the "All Progams" option when you click on the Windows icon at the lower left?
Susan A
Susan A
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:10 am

Why are getting banner ads in the forum?
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:16 pm

Did you go into the File in the taskbar by any chance? I know there's an option in there called Save As.... and you can then choose where to save something like My Computer Pics or a flashdrive.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:19 pm

Sue Short wrote:
Why are getting banner ads in the forum?

I posted that same observation over at "Navigating the Site" earlier today. Seems like a new thing. Actually, I expected it earlier, and more of them too, since this is a free forum, but they've only shown up prior to this when I wasn't logged in or on the profile pages. They must have opened the sites up for more ads. Sad Unfortunately, that's how free forums get their revenue.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:18 pm

i don't know how i did it but last night i figured out how to do the picture thing....its complicated and takes forever! it takes maybe 6 clicks (and opening two or three more little box things),...i thought there would be a way to add a pile of pics all at once but nope...its slow and laborious!
i do get the 'all programs' option in the state menu.
maybe some of the things i thought i wasn't figure out are due to the new windows and not that i've never really used a laptop before!

the ads don't bother me too much except the ones that 'flash' ....if they stay still i can ignore them pretty well. but the flashing ones are crazy!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:44 pm

The flashing ads can set off a migraine for me.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

stupid question but.... (need help with something? ask here and somebody might know!) Empty Questions

Post by pupskweek Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:38 am

When I log in I get a note that says "Bad User Agent." Creepy. What does that mean? Also creepy--I get a note that says I don't have any friends. pale How can I friend somebody? As for the pictures--I know exactly what you mean, Microsoft has a mind of its own and puts your pictures all over the place and makes it impossible to find. Once you do find them, real quick save them in a new folder and maybe you will be able to find them again if Bill Gates doesn't get too mad at you before then. I have quit downloading updates, it just causes too many problems. I know Bill hates me for that. scratch
pupskweek
pupskweek
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:55 pm

pupskweek wrote:When I log in I get a note that says "Bad User Agent." Creepy. What does that mean? Also creepy--I get a note that says I don't have any friends. pale How can I friend somebody? As for the pictures--I know exactly what you mean, Microsoft has a mind of its own and puts your pictures all over the place and makes it impossible to find. Once you do find them, real quick save them in a new folder and maybe you will be able to find them again if Bill Gates doesn't get too mad at you before then. I have quit downloading updates, it just causes too many problems. I know Bill hates me for that. scratch

I have no idea about the "Bad User Agent" but I think I sent you a friend request. You can never have too many! With a free board, we will have some advertising to put up with...
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:03 pm

yeah i never heard of the bad user agent....i've got some weird stuff but i do't think that's one of them, has it just started? did it just happen once or more than once?
i swear every year when the year rolls over there are problems with any computer i have to work with! the one at work today said we didn't sell a thing yesterday! we were open and we did have sales but it says '0" when i go in where i have to look it up. weird! hopefully in a few days things will reset themselves and make life a bit more reliable again!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:28 pm

okay i'm bringing this back cuz i can't figure out how to do something simple and hopefully somebody here can clue me in..
i decided to change my avatar and sig line...i've been able to do the sig line but i can't get any avatar from my regular pictures to load! i've even tried little ones that i've used before and they're not coming through. has anyone had this problem recently?
i'm going to go now and try to just put in one of the avatars that are preloaded (I can't find the Mutts ones that used to be in there either!...was going to use one of those if nothing else!).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by pupskweek Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Whoa!! This is weird....I read about not being able to put on a picture so I thought I would go back to mine and see if I could find a connection to use and maybe help and lo and behold mine is gone!!! I swan, Bill really hates me. No
pupskweek
pupskweek
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:28 pm

yours is back so maybe it was something that was going on yesterday. i think i'll go in and try again!
eta....i got it to work! i actually went through a lot of my pictures and scrolled over to see what size they were (and kept the screen up in the profile section that shows what size its supposed to take...though i know that some of the pics i've used are bigger than its supposed to take...the one with the two Doctors and the yellow bear is bigger than it says!). i found one that was plenty small and its working.
its perfect for this weekend anyway....black kitties and a BIG umbrella;) (I tell ya,if i were skinny i'd go to NYCC as Emily:) )
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Emily as in Emily the Strange?
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:51 pm

I had a little trouble accessing the site without having to log back in several times myself yesterday.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:54 pm

maybe they were doing a little something with the host site....but everything seems to be working today....is it working for everyone else?

and yep..Emily the Strange. i love Rob Reger's work ...i discovered Emily's kitties first and then Emily. i've thought i should create Emily's crazy red headed aunt as a personal character cuz there's no way i could be Emily. too tall, too fat...though with hair like that and a pair of big sunglasses the old part would be easy to camoflage;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by pupskweek Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Very cool, JB! I like it! Yeh, must have been sun spots or the full moon or something yesterday--thank goodness it solved itself....
pupskweek
pupskweek
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:55 pm

sun spots and high winds can do the craziest things to the internet. i've learned that the hard way since i got hooked up to the 'wireless'.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down