Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

small stupid things....what would you want?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

small stupid things....what would you want? Empty small stupid things....what would you want?

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:19 pm

i oggle a lot of things on the net...sometimes they're things i will eventually need, sometimes they're just little things i'd like but don't need.
i wonder if anyone else does this?
lately i've been thinking about wheeled backpacks. (you guy know how fast i kill those things). Land's End has the best return policy...you can have something for years but as long as you have the receipt you can return it no questions asked. so i've been looking at the packs on their site.
What do you think of this one?
http://www.landsend.com/pp/MultiTaskBackpack~210284_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::AH2&CM_MERCH=IDX_00018__0000002444&origin=index

i'm trying to find something that won't tip over easily and embarrass certain people who go to NYCC and B'way Cares with me. (cuz yesh,i can swear like a sailor at the drop of a bag!) Twisted Evil
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

small stupid things....what would you want? Empty Re: small stupid things....what would you want?

Post by BobCat Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Well, I know Land's End quality is terrific. I think you'd enjoy a bag like that, JB!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

small stupid things....what would you want? Empty Re: small stupid things....what would you want?

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Sure looks like it would hold up for a long while Jeane. And with that return policy you probably can't go wrong unless the company goes out of business. I don't see that happening anytime soon.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:38 pm

oh i don't think land's end (or even LL Bean) is going out of business in the next couple decades. i've never heard anything bad about the company.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:10 pm

I've never heard anything bad about the company either. But they could go out of business like anyone else. Who knew Radio Shack and Best Buy are on their last legs ready to go bankrupt but they are.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:42 pm

i haven't heard anything about Radio Shack being in trouble...the one here is doing okay.
i've got to place my order before the 20th...if i do i save $5 and get free shipping.didn't want to put anything on the credit card this month, but i need to get it if its not going back on sale.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:10 pm

It was on the net in an article that listed the top 10 companies in the country on the brink of bankruptcy.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:44 pm

i wasn't able to get on the net last night so night i've got to remember to get to Land's End before i shut this down and order that rolling back pack. as usual,i'm getting fidgety about spending the money. BUT i've thought about it for a long time and have though about this specific transaction for three weeks or so.... i figure if i've been thinking about it that long i probably need it that bad;)

eta: found out that at Land's End you can use the points you gather using the little KMart keytag card:) every time i go into KMart they ask me if i want to use that money and i keep saying i'm waiting til there's more to use. but i went ahead an used the little bit i had on it to make the bag cheaper. funny, i thought i had more like $5-7 but it was only around $1.50. Oh well...every little bit helps;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:26 am

Sometimes paying more upfront for a good well-made product like that backpack is cheaper in the long run than buying multiple cheapie ones that fall apart in no time.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:38 pm

well,i bought another one about 5 yrs ago that was good and kind of expensive but the zipper broke on one part the second time i used it.it was longer than the return time. but i know the return policy of Land's End.

as for stores going bankrupt...i've worked at two different companies that were BOTH supposed to be dead and gone but both as still alive and kicking. just some stores closed. so i don't believe everything i read..i believe when i see the 'store closing' signs in the window.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Like I really need another coffee mug but I saw this coffee mug
that read "Crazy Cat Lady"
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:25 pm

was it local or on the Animal Rescue Site? (i see some cool stuff on there)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:18 pm

i've been doing some research tonight (finding out bus route to the dentist i hope to go to etc). i've been trying to find out info and get prices for the thingie i need to change my dial up computer to a wireless computer. i know its a little thing that either hooks into the back (like they have on this computer) or i can get one that goes into the USB connection(i've got to get a usb hub and i KNOW what that's called,where i can get them etc).
But i can't remember the correct term for the thingie that makes it a wireless instead of a dial up computer.
I think this is going to be my next "little thing i really need and am shoppping for".

Do any of you guys know what i'm talking about and what its called??? (I really want to get off the crappy old computer and back to my computer..think it will help me both technically and mentally if i can get my life back in a little more control!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:24 pm

Are you looking for a router, JB?
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:48 pm

I know what you're looking for but I don't know what it's called either. Looks like a short fat antennae that sticks out of the back of the computer. My mom's has one of those but since she doesn't have IP service we never use it.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:43 pm

i think a router is the thing that looks kinda like a little box? i think that's what they have upstairs.
I found two things that i think are what i need....just thought they wouldn't be quite this expensive (but then again,i need to look at different places before i buy)

this is like the one this computer has (its pretty crappy)
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_250000000GUWA200P?mv=rr

here is one more like something a guy at work was telling me to get a year or so ago...
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_018W780905110001P?mv=rr

they actually came up when i typed Wireless Card into a search!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:48 am

Do a general search for that in a comparison shopping site--let them do the work for you finding out the range of what is charged for those things.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:25 pm

naw....general searches just frustrate me! i'll check out places i know pretty well trust...Radio Shack, Target, Best Buy, PC Richard etc.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:05 pm

i got my rolling backpack today..it doesn't have as many pockets as i thought..thought it had two big ones and a smaller one (like the non rolling one i have now)but its pretty nice. has two extra things you can pull out ...a pencil case and a thing that you can put a notebook etc into.Might actually come in handy to keep myself organized at B'way Cares and NYCC etc.
even got a free think you hook on the packpack that has a whistle made into it...didn't think i was going to get one of those:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:36 am

Sounds like you got a good one Jeane. That thing you can put a notebook in probably would hold a paperback book too.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:21 pm

oh the thing they have for the notebook (It is velcro'd in and can come out) is big enough to put a laptop in if you have one. i think its there for kids to put their notebooks and work books in and then they put the heavy books in the rest of that part of the backpack.
for me...i will probably use it to either put my snacks for the con or i could use it to store stuff that i pick up. (I plan on getting some Doctor Who comics by a guy i know through Art Fest friends...so they will be signed and i know i'm getting a sketch. that thing would keep them nice. (I'd like to find a hard sided folder or something to put important things in as well...i might have something right here i can use...but its a good time to check when its back to school time).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:26 am

Sounds like you got the perfect backpack for all your trips, and to the grocery store as well. May it last a lot longer than it's predecessors.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:58 pm

its going to be used for the con...after that it might be used for the store. (though my rolling backpacks can only be used from around April til sometime in NOv...once the snow starts it stays home).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:06 pm

I can understand that, when the snow gets deep those lil wheels don't go anywhere very well.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:56 pm

found this today... a friend of mine sells avon online and this item is just itching to be ordered and shipped here to Rescue Kitty Central:)
http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=39928

oh...and here is something that they would be selling at the emily the strange store IF there still was one...but it gives me a reason to go to the mall this week and check out Hot Topic....this would be a splurge but its just too perfect to wear to NYCC one of the days!

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/WhatsNew/Apparel/Emily-The-Strange--Bad-Kitten-Club-Raglan-Tee-187077.jsp
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next