Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're home! Pet sitting update...

+4
Sue Short
ARNIgal
Suzzzz
mockingbird
8 posters

Go down

We're home! Pet sitting update... Empty We're home! Pet sitting update...

Post by mockingbird Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:14 pm

Hello, dear friends!
We've made it home to Georgia. Our flight went very well, I guess we were blessed as many folks are having such a terrible ordeal getting home from the holidays. We had a good, albeit soggy, Christmas in California and are home with our little family of pets. Everyone is doing great! Morgan took excellent care of them all, ratty cage and everything. We are SO pleased! She is at the top of our list for future pet sitting calls. We don't plan on going anywhere for a while, and then maybe only a weekend. We need to be home for ourselves as well as our pets.

Everyone was very excited for us to be home, but not stressed out or anything bad. We did have one depressed doggy, though...my parents' dog, Buddy. Remember him? It's been over 3 years since I put Buddy on a plane and he flew from Jacksonville, Florida to Ontario, California to be my parents' sweet dog. He is a BIG boy and so incredibly sweet. However, he was very sad to see us leave and apparently moped around all that day. He's ok now, but he almost made me cry when we were getting ready to leave. I did get pictures of him and will be sharing those soon.

Our little animals are doing great and I'm just so happy to have gotten a pet sitter. Next time, I think I will be less worried because Morgan was just so great and caring to everyone.

Yay!
mockingbird
mockingbird
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

http://www.wildgooseberry.com

Back to top Go down

We're home! Pet sitting update... Empty Re: We're home! Pet sitting update...

Post by Suzzzz Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:20 pm

So glad you're home safe and all the furkids are happy!! That Morgan is an absolute angel!

I'm so glad you got to see our Buddy again! I've no doubt he was sorry to see you go, but he is in such good hands I'm sure he'll recover. It's great to hear he's blossomed so. Makes all that amazing rescue ordeal well worth it, doesn't it? I'll bet Buddy would say so. I love you I can't wait so see a pic of him. Very Happy
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Why did Buddy go to live with your parents? I forgot... drunken
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by mockingbird Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:27 am

Oh, Suzzzz, you are so right about Morgan. We feel very luck to have come across her. As for Buddy, he's in doggy heaven with the care my parents give him. Talk about doting parents! And everyone who comes to visit wants to take Buddy home. EVERYONE. Even my "not-really-an-animal-person" niece absolutely loved him and if she could, would have bundled Buddy into her car to take him home with her. He is so mellow and sweet. Absolutely perfect for them.

ARNIgal, it's ok. It's been a while. My mother was going through her 5th battle with cancer 3 years ago and all I heard when I called them was about doctor visits and chemotherapy and who else had cancer in the little community my parents live in. I went to visit and they were so down about it all. I didn't blame them one bit, but was worried about them both. So, I mentioned a houndy dog I had seen here in Georgia who needed a home. When I was leaving, my mother said that if I could locate the dog, they would pay to fly him out to California. A long story short, I was able to find the dog again, the people who had rescued him were very sweet, but couldn't keep him. So, I took Buddy off their hands and we drove down to Jacksonville, Florida for him to fly out on one of Continental's big airplanes that had climate controlled animal accomodations. It was August and they were the only airline that had the climate control for pets. Buddy and I stayed the night in a hotel there because he had to be at the airport at 4:00 in the morning. So, I took him there along with this huge kennel he had to go in (at 6 months old, he was 55 pounds) and away he went. He flew all the way across the country and my parents were there to pick him up in Ontario, California. They absolutely fell in love with him and then instead of cancer news, I heard Buddy stories from my parents. I feel he was very instrumental in my mother's successful battle with cancer. She's still in remission and Buddy is still most beloved.

I guess that wasn't such short version after all. Wink
mockingbird
mockingbird
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

http://www.wildgooseberry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:03 am

Since I had never heard the story before, I didn't mind. What a wonderful
solution for everybody. Glad you a wonderful trip and that everybody is ok.
I really do believe that pets do better at home.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:13 pm

mockingbird wrote: As for Buddy, he's in doggy heaven with the ...

Goodness...when I read this part the first time I thought the worst...silly me bounce !!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:05 pm

I am so glad everyone is doing so well! I'm not surprised Buddy remembered you, after all you are the one who took him and gave him a good home with your parents. They remember those things you know. He was sad to see you go, but will be overjoyed when you come to visit again I'm sure. So glad he's helped so much to improve your parents lives...........see what happens when you give a "throw away" dog a second chance?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:39 pm

i remember buddy's story but its always nice to hear again! so happy he's got such a great home and he's doing so much good for your parents!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:41 pm

What great news! I love our pet sitter too. She is so great that it's hard to get her. She takes care of farm animals too. I'm so glad that Morgan was just as terrific. Very Happy

I had forgotten Buddy's story. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm glad the pet sitter worked out and the main thing was no stressed out animals.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down