Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's on today's agenda?

+10
MichelleB
Susan A
Sue Short
gbste
WarriorNY
ARNIgal
fiffur
jeanebellini
lovekitties
BobCat
14 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

What's on today's agenda? Empty What's on today's agenda?

Post by BobCat Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:19 pm

Let's see...what's on the agenda today?

Work
Need to blog - been neglecting that over the weekend
Home right after work - Wesley has to work late, so I have dog detail. (I was going to say "dog duty" but then thought better of it! devilish)

Last edited by BobCat on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

What's on today's agenda? Empty Re: What's on today's agenda?

Post by lovekitties Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:42 pm

work, in the office now on the board, trying to keep cool and not having to go home to a hot apartment
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:14 pm

work,bank,grocery store and home. tomorrow i'm trying to decide if i will go to kmart to see if they have these ice pops i love (they're usually out of them! they're only $1 but they taste like exotic italian ices...come in plastic tubes so it doesn't matter if it melts).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

What's on today's agenda? Empty Tuesday June 22nd

Post by fiffur Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:54 pm

sleep in since I was up half the night with the storms, library to read the wanted ads in the paper, email, and soak up some AC before returning to a hot apartment and do some more cleaning. Dinner only if I have an appetite, otherwise go to mom's to cool off and then eat something I brought with me.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:35 pm

work,post office (oo...something different!),grocery store and drug store (I wanted something candy and chewy and knew i'd find it cheaper at the drug store:) ).now i'm off for three days in a row... silent
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:44 pm

[img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Sorry if I confused anyone, but I noticed on my original post about "Monday, 6/20/10" that I had the date wrong! Monday was the 21st. So I just changed it to a generic title...

Last edited by BobCat on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:15 pm

ha i saw that today but figured it was just a typo! this is a better title;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:56 am

Looking for work Question
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Already looked at the want ads, cleared out the email, and am catching up with my friends here, then walk home in the rain for lunch, take a nap (since I didn't sleep much last night again), get my recert done (I finally got it started yesterday and have appt this afternoon to sign it), dinner, and over to mom's to soak up some AC and kitty lovin' before bed.

I caught and released another 14 butterflies last night from my hallway. I probably should've learned how to tag them so I could see if these are the same ones I caught earlier in the week or not.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:49 pm

14 butterflies in one hallway? i don't think i've seen 14 butterflies all year here...14 moths,that's another thing;)
i woke up early cuz i couldn't sleep and finished a blanket and am about 3/4 done with another one. as i'm typing this i'm doing laundry....when i move stuff i always find blankets and stuff that have been laying around and got dirty or gacked on or something and need to wash before i pack 'em away.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:47 am

It was quite a sight since the section of hallway they were in is about 8' x 8'. I even managed to catch two at the same time!

Rode the bike to the library, read the ads again, email, forums, home for a quick sandwich, then off to the grocery store with mom (we both need bread and water--no it's not the diet we're on), have some dinner before heading off to her place to cool off a bit. Bed early since the birds keep waking me up around 4am and it's hard for me to go back to sleep after that.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

What's on today's agenda? Empty ARNIgal's Daily Routine

Post by ARNIgal Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:03 pm

Morning-
Look for work
After Lunch-
Organize Apt
Learn Arabic
After Dinner-
Glass project
Walk

This is not set in stone of course, but this is just what I've been up to... Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:54 pm

oooh, Arni, what kind of Glass project???

I'm at work, catching up on the board and dreading going home to a hot apartment
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:30 pm

and learning arabic! wow....i bet that will really help in your job hunt;) is it a hard language to master??
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Caught and released a HUGE moth from my hallway this morning, online research identified it as a Giant Cecropia Silkmoth. If not for the typical moth furry antenna you would've sworn this was a big butterfly. http://www.wormspit.com/cecropia.htm pics at the bottom of the page show you what it looked like. I think the one I had was a male.

Library for email, want ads, and to cool off, home for light lunch and cold shower, over to Brads to help put his bedroom back the way it was. His new cleaning lady took it upon herself to rearrange it and put the bed in front of the window which blocks fireman access, against building policy, so it all has to go back. I already moved his dvd shelf where it was, away from the heater where she put it. She just didn't think that dangling blankets and a wood shelf right up against a metal heater would start a fire (it gets hot enough to melt a plastic pullcord end or plugin strip) when they turn on the heat in the fall. Where do they get these people with no brains? Then cool off and have some dinner (mom's making potato soup) and a movie at Brads.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:47 pm

laundry....all day since around noon.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:38 pm

No dinner last night, mom was still asleep so I had some cookies instead. That's real nutrition, isn't it?

Slept in since I was awake half the night with the storms, library to scan the job ads again, email, post here, home for light lunch since Brad is ordering pizza for dinner. Maybe I'll do a little more videotape purging if it isn't too hot in my place between lunch and dinner. No idea what movie we're watching. Trying to go to bed early again so I'll get a few hours sleep before the next storm rolls through here.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:22 pm

work....walked through the sidewalk sale (only spent $2 so i was good;) ) and grocery store then home.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:10 pm

The glass projects are mostly going to be small panels and candleholders until my soldering technique is good again.
Arabic seems to be fairly easy to pick up, although that is probably 'cuz I have OODLES of time. I THOUGHT that it would aid in my jobsearch...but nada there. In MI, Arabic is just as popular as Spanish is everywhere else in the country. At this point I can read and write it but, but not speak & understand that well yet.

By the way, lovekitties, my apartment is sweltering too Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:53 pm

Today I managed to sleep in since it was nice and cool, and nobody was shooting off fireworks last night. Rode the bike to the library, read the paper and use the computer, get my new lease signed when I get home, have a late lunch, do some more cleaning/purging, then off to mom's to hopefully take Bijoux for a walk to enjoy the weather.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:50 pm

arni are you blowing glass? can you make lampwork (I think that's what its called) beads? (I"ve seen it done and would love to be able to do it, but not with the kitties around:) )

i've got one of those I can't sit still for very long so nothing really gets down phases going. But i have a lot of little things here and there. two blankets, a book...cleaning (havent done much of that but i did clean a chunk of the card table last night because i had to switch out the keyboards).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:10 pm

I've got at least 3 projects going on at the same time Jeane. Not in the same mood you are but I get bored with chore after a couple hours, so move on to the next project. Eventually all of them get done.

Slept so good last night, it was nice and cool, the frogs were very quiet (probably too cool for them), plus the birds were quiet until 4am (stupid cardinal woke up the others). Rode the bike about 4 miles this morning before going to the library, clear out the email, read the newspaper (why is it all the want ads are for semi-truck drivers?), then home for lunch and more purging (I'm starting to get a noticeable dent in those mountains of videotapes) before having dinner and going over to take Bijoux for another ride around the building. He enjoys that so much, he can see the birds up close and hear them much better. Then maybe watch a dvd before bed.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:37 pm

I don't do any glass blowing or beads...just stained glass. Its surprisingly relaxing Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:17 pm

oh stained glass....do you use the melted metal to hold the pieces together or is it something smaller?

i might put this in another thread....but i'm trying to decide whether to keep my ISP i've had since i first got the net or just give it up. the credit card i use for it is expired and, though they gave me a cheaper option for it, i have to get on the phone with them to change it over. i've had nothing but wasted hours trying to get in touch with this ISP so i don't think i want to ask the folks upstairs if i can use their phone to call them (and i'm NOT wasting my cell phone minutes for it).
i'm just wondering if just letting it sort of expire will hurt my credit rating or not..its not like i'm NOT paying for it..its that i just don't want it any more. I wonder if i HAVE to call them to get rid of it....its just driving me nuts cuz its the last day of the month!

jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:42 pm

You might want to try and get in touch with them just to make sure you don't get reported to a credit agency. I can recommend Sprint and dearly wish I still had their service Smile

Yup...I do use the molten metal to hold the glass together as well as lead came when necessary.
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next