Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Boy Lost

+5
Sue Short
lovekitties
jeanebellini
ARNIgal
gbste
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Little Boy Lost Empty Little Boy Lost

Post by gbste Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:50 pm

One of my fellow teachers called me Saturday night. She and her husband were walking their dog in the park when they were approached by a little GSD mix pup. There weren't any other people around, and our ACO's quit at 4:00, so they got ahold of me. I picked him up and put out a "found puppy" notice to the local media and to Animal Control. So far the only call I've gotten is from a lady who lost an elderly German Shorthair pointer confused One of my students told me that she saw the pup in the park on Saturday during the day, and one of my neighbors says that a local community college student may have dumped the pup there. Both of these folks seemed to know more than they are saying, in my opinion. Once the "found" notice has run for 7 days, the puppy can belong to SCARF and we can find him a home. I wasn't looking to have a foster dog, but this little guy is a very good boy. (I could use a name idea if anyone is inspired.)
Little Boy Lost Gsd2_110
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Little Boy Lost Empty Re: Little Boy Lost

Post by ARNIgal Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:49 pm

The name that immediately jumped into my mind was Hank...and I'm not sure why! I love you He looks like a smart little feller. How well does he get along with your cats?
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:52 pm

oh look at those little feet he could be a Spats;) (or Spatz if you're in the mood).

does sound like they know more than what they're saying but at least he's in a safe place now.
7 days of a sign up before you start anything is such a good idea! the woman who is doing the stuff with Found Kitty (who is known upstairs as Liam Junior....i like Found Kitty or Pooda Pooda Kitty as i call him:) I've never named an animal after another one ..and he doesn't look a thing like Mr Liam (aka Mr Puffykitty)...this woman had him neutered and vetted and got his shots all in one week and never put a single sign up about him! (I kept my eyes open for signs since i work right across from the gas station and near a lot of apts...even watched the pet shop to see if they would have anytihng cuz they have signs up from people often).
I think the 7 days is a good thing. if somebody doesn't care enough to do something by then, then they don't deserve a dog!

is the college changing semesters and maybe the kid who could have dumped him be leaving and moving back home for the summer? just wondering, cuz i know the college i went to always ended a semester near the end of April and if a kid couldn't take him home with him that could be why he got dumped.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:58 pm

He is a very smart little pup. He has his routine down, and is crate trained. He loves the cats, the dogs, the neighbor's dog, the neighbors, me, Kevin, and everyone else he sees. We've had a "Hank" in the rescue recently, so we can't use that name. I like "Spats," but I'll have to run it by the powers that be.

The college isn't ending a semester for several weeks, but the theory is that a student may have been hiding him in the dorm, been busted, and had to get rid of him quickly. His little collar features Lamar Community College colors.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:08 pm

wow trying to hold a puppy that big in a dorm..esh! i know someone who had a kitty for a short time and i suppose you could hide a little pocket pooch in a dorm.
at least they were nice enough to give him a collar so maybe he was getting walked.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:20 pm

He looks so cute.. I hope everything turns out well for Bubby (Thats a German nickname for boy)
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:48 pm

How about Comte or Conte. Comte is count in Spanish and Conte is count in
Italian.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:21 pm

I like Spats(z) too. Something about those little white paws...

I remember a guy in our dorm hid a guinea pig for a whole year. Flip would rotate around the dorm and hide out in various rooms. He hardly ever left his little habitat, so it was entertaining to try to move him without the RAs knowing. I don't know anybody who successfully hid a cat or dog. Fortunately, all the attempts I knew of had a backup home with somebody off campus.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:45 pm

When I got home yesterday, we started calling him Teddy for no particular reason, and he responds to that, so we'll probably call him that if it's ok with the rescue. I'll be trying for some better pictures tomorrow so that I can make him a nice Petfinder page.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:48 pm

And I was thinking along the lines of Oliver.................but Teddy's a good name too, especially if he's a sweet teddy bear of a pupper.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:30 pm

We had a kitty named Oliver for 17+ years. He passed away of old age in August. He was an adult when we got him--he arrived very thin. We told people he started out as Oliver Twist and ended up as Oliver Hardy.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:07 pm

That's what I thought when Fif mentioned Oliver. I forget about Oliver Hardy.
Still Teddy is a great name for him.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:10 pm

One of my brother's college friends was able to hide a caiman in a kiddie pool underneath the bed. I'm not aware of him getting caught by an RA. When he moved to an apartment was when he got caught with having the caiman. Some maintenance person came into the apartment unannounced, even though he indicated to be notified beforehand, only to see the caiman. Then the caiman had to go.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:50 pm

oh he does look like a teddy--bear:) so Teddy is a good name;)

a caimen...is that some sort of lizard?
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:02 pm

a caiman is a south american alligator
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Whoa! Gator in the dorm! Too stupid for words on so many levels. "... when he had to go..." I have to wonder what that meant for the poor gator.

Hope Teddy gets all that red tape in order soon so he can find his forever name and home! (PS I'da called him Lamar. Very Happy )
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:41 pm

OMG! I would think a caiman or alligator would be the LAST animal I would invite into my house. It might get hungry while I'm sleeping. affraid
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:08 pm

Hey y'all I totally agree.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:26 am

I didn't get the whole caiman in the dorm either. I have wondered why he wasn't caught with it in college. I don't know what happened to the caiman after he was caught having it in the apartment.

I hope the dog will get a home.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Teddy is extremely adoptable. He can't go to the fair tomorrow, as he has only had one vaccination, but he can go to the next one in 2 weeks, and I'd be very surprized if he came home.

I got out my clicker yesterday. Freddy now knows "sit," "down," and is learning to give a paw. Smart little bugger.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:18 pm

here in NYC we have reports of caimens, alligators and the like at least once a year, Drug dealers sometimes keep them in apartmetns as deterents, and sometimes stupid people adopt cute little gators a and when the get to big they wind up in places like the resevoir or lakes in central Park. Or in the sewers. LOl

I certainly hope that the Pupper finds his forever home this weekend
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:13 pm

in the last Evanovich Stephanie Plum book i read there was a drug dealer with a big ol gater in his apt. was really funny in the book....the got what they wanted by throwing pieces of fried chicken to the thing (and he got loose onto the street was strolled around). As for real life..those poor things need to be out in the swamp where they belong! I don't know how fast they grow but geez, i wonder how long he stayed in that kiddy pool?
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 pm

I have no idea how long it was kept in the kiddie pool, nor do I want to know. It seems like similar thing happens when people get a big snake like a python, not knowing how big they get and how much space it needs. Then it goes in a lake or wherever. Some people.

I hope the dog goes quick when he is ready to go to pet fairs.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:15 pm

In college one year, one of my four roomies in this one apartment we all had for a year had to iguanas which she treated really well. After that particular year, she moved in with her boyfriend in a 2 bedroom apartment...and guess what? The second bedroom was reserved for the 2 iguanas Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:48 pm

Last minute change of plans. A rescue up in the Springs agreed to take Teddy, so he's going up tomorrow. We'll miss the little guy, but this way he gets a home faster than if he has to wait until our next petfair.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next