Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost my landline

3 posters

Go down

Lost my landline Empty Lost my landline

Post by lovekitties Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:01 pm

Got a panicky email from my cousin that my dad was trying to call me. Turns out i did not have any dial tone on my land line. ended up getting a prepaid cel phone. (It was about time!) LOL called verizon and they said they would have to send someone out and made an appointment. then all of a sudden i had a dial tone again so cancelled the call. . then found out that I still couldn't get incoming calls. then the dial tone went out again.
so i still have to make an appointment. then i dropped the cel phone and it wasn't working arghh. Anyway I brought ther phone to the library and a friend there fixed it. so i can call to make an appointment. Now I've got to move furniture and stuff around so i can unplug and replug my phones to see if it fixes things before i make the appointment.
gotta call my dad not to make sure he knows I 'm alive.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Lost my landline Empty Re: Lost my landline

Post by bpaquet Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:00 pm

Ugh! We had all kinds of issues with our landline. We ended up getting one of those little boxes that uses the cell tower, but we got to keep our landline number. Good luck! I hope Verizon doesn't take 3 weeks to get out to your house.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:58 pm

We had a situation very similar to yours with our landline years ago in the trailer park. The tech looked all over the place and checked every plug in for the phone, the phone itself too. Turned out to be a broken wire in the phone line coming from the pole. Every time the wind blew it separated the ends of the broken wire and we got a dead phone. Then the wind would die down, the ends would touch and it came to life again.

Hope Verizon makes it out to fix your phone fast. Not good to scare the old parents like that (even if it isn't your fault). At least your dad knows you're alive now.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:52 pm

still no land line, but its my own fault cause I'm taking my time to call for an appointment. too muchh furniture to move (and clean out before i do. My cel phone is working
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:02 pm

I know the feeling. As long as the cell phone works it's okay.....only problem with that is 911 won't be able to pinpoint your location in an emergency if you can't tell them your address.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri May 22, 2015 4:06 pm

still no landline. It will cost me to have it fixed since it is an inside problem and the phone company is only liable up till it gets in to your house. I've been making due with the cel phone, which reminds me that I have to add more time.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat May 23, 2015 11:50 am

With your income drastically reduced you might qualify for a safelink phone (which is free). 250 minutes free every month. Only way I have a phone at all...and I applied online for it.
fif

Glad to hear from you. Hopefully the job situation will resolve itself very soon. ((((((((great job vibes))))))))
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down