Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vegetarians? Please help, I need some encouragement...

+4
Sue Short
jeanebellini
fiffur
mockingbird
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

vegetarians? Please help, I need some encouragement... - Page 3 Empty Re: vegetarians? Please help, I need some encouragement...

Post by Sue Short Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:16 am

Sounds like my comforter. That thing takes forever.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

vegetarians? Please help, I need some encouragement... - Page 3 Empty Re: vegetarians? Please help, I need some encouragement...

Post by jeanebellini Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:59 pm

i tell ya if i didn't have all these allergies and the clothes line here wasn't right against the house..i'd put the heavy stuff outside most of the year to dry almost all the way and then bring them in for the last bit to fluff up in the dryer.
i went years and years with fabric softener and decided that it was something i could get cheap enough that i could consider it a small treat. i can't use the stuff that is super concentrated....so the cheaper brands are fine. make things smell nice and feel nice:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:27 pm

I haven't used fabric softener sheets in months. I never used the liquid form. I wonder if facial cleansers could be made from scratch with products that are commonly found in the home or easily to be had in the store.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:02 pm

I don't see why not. I'm sure you can find some recipes on
line.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:59 am

Oh yes, there are plenty of recipes for different face scrubs and such online.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:31 pm

the 2 easiest ones are water and baking soda (just make the paste as thin or thick as you like) or a little soap or just water and sugar. sugar is a little rougher but still not as rough as a lot of commercials scrubs.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:05 pm

I found a shampoo at Whole Foods tonight. It's their house brand while a little more expensive
thatn what I have been buying it's not so over the top that I can't afford it. Can't wait to try it.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:23 pm

sometimes with the better shampoo/conditioner you don't need to use as much as the cheap stuff so it comes out to be the same or cheaper;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm sure you're right. It's fragrance free which I really like. I already use a body
lotion that has a mint scent to it. It's also from Whole Foods and wasn't that expensive.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:46 pm

Well found a moisturizer at Whole Foods tonight that is almond aloe and
fragrance free. 5 oz and it was under $10.00 including tax. Feels really soothing.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:06 pm

i was looking for something for my face the past couple days....trader joes doesn't have as much as it used to. i was talking to one of the ladies who works there and decided to try the vitamin e oil. she uses it and it works well and it wasn;t too expensive so i;ll give it a try and see how it works.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum