Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's so good to be back

+4
WarriorNY
Susan A
BobCat
Bob
8 posters

Go down

It's so good to be back Empty It's so good to be back

Post by Bob Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi everyone. It's Bob aka Hoagnat. I finally managed to get onto the computer here at the farm. My own is in storage as I am currently selling my house and I have moved up to the farm for what started as a temporary stay but as things have transpired it is a little more permanent for the foreseeable future.
Long story short. Helen hurt her back in a fall on a patch of ice a few months back. As I was staying here then Istarted to muck out the horses and do sundry other jobs around the place to help out. About eight weeks ago Helen got the most excrutiating pains in her back and couldn't walk without the aid of two walking sticks. The doctor was called and diagnosed it as a prolapsed disk in her spine. She gave her painkillers and antiinflammatory tablets and said it would take about 9 weeks for things to improve. Things have not improved at all. Last Saturday Helen had a fall and broke her femur (thigh bone) and was taken to hospital. She was check over completely and it turns out that she has a form of cancer in her bones. She had said that she felt the bone snap before she fell over. Anyhow the so called prolapsed disk turned out to be a crack in her spine (not disk trouble at all) and she could have been paralyzed if it had moved further.
Now she has to have an operation on her back and then they have to set and pin her leg. Then they will start the chemo/radiotherapy to get the cancer into remission.
As she will be in hospital for a good while I am taking over the day to day running of the farm.
On a happier note Pol and Pippa are both doing well. I'm hoping to take some photographs and get them posted here. Pippa has the longest legs. Longer than her mum. She is as big, if not bigger, than Pol now.
Anyhow, I have to go as there is someone due with a caravan at any moment and I have to sort out a site for them.
As the title of this topic says 'it's good to be back' dear friends.
Take care.
Bob
Bob
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

It's so good to be back Empty Re: It's so good to be back

Post by BobCat Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:01 pm

Good to have you back, Bob. Again, my best to Helen and everyone there.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan A Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Bob!

It is so very good to hear from you. Bless you for being there to help Helen in her time of need. I can only imagine that knowing you are willing and able to keep things running from day to day helps her deal with the struggle she is enduring.

I'm betting, however that Pol and Pippa are simply delighted to have become country girls. All of those really enticing smelly things to roll in! LOL. Sometime when you have a moment of leisure, I'd love to compare notes with you. We became farm folks- after a fashion - ourselves this year, as my mother in law is no longer able to handle the house and property here.

Strong healing vibes to Helen, and BIGTIME vibes of support to you! I'm glad you are here, my friend.
Susan A
Susan A
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:14 pm

It is so good to hear from you again, Bob! I wondered where you were. I agree with Susan...it is so wonderful of you to be there for Helen.
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:17 pm

i was so happy to see your name on the homepage...but not happy with the news. here's hoping that helen will be pain free soon. i know she's got to be thrilled to have you there helping her out.
when you get some pics i know we'd all love to see them.

and when you get a minute PM me the address there, i have something i need to mail you when i can find it again! but i want to get it to the right address.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:11 pm

All my best to Helen... !
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Helen was due to have the operation on her leg today but it has been put off until tomorrow (Saturday) then they will have to operate on her back and set it with a plastic plate.
Meanwhile the news is not good. The cancer has spread to her liver and lungs. She got upset at the news (as who wouldn't?) but is still upbeat about the whole thing and determined to beat it. Please keep sending those healilng vibes for her. Thanks.
Bob
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:11 pm

So glad to have you back Bob, but so sorry to hear about Helen. I hope the operations go smoothly, and the cancer treatment works. If the cancer in the liver and lungs isn't too large they can remove those. The liver will regenerate itself in time, and the body can adapt to work with whatever lung function is left. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
((((((((((((((((((STRONG HEALING VIBES)))))))))))))))))))))

Glad to hear Pol and Pippa are doing so well. Helen is blessed to have you be willing to help her out when she really needed it the most.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan A Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Bob, I certainly hoped for better news about what Helen has going on. I have known brave souls, however, who have fought valiantly - and who have lived (and are living) strong and satisfying lives in the process. My own husband, mom and stepdad are all cancer survivors (lymphoma, colon and prostate, respectively). When we have participated locally in the Relay for Life (a fundraising event for the American Cancer Society), I have been amazed and moved to tears by the hundreds of folks walking the Survivors' Lap.

Fervent prayers for healing and vibes of support to Helen and to all who are involved in her care.

This is a trying time for all.
Susan A
Susan A
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:04 am

Thanks for all the good vibes for Helen.

Susan, although it is called Thursland Hill Farm it is actually a fishery where anglers come to fish. The only animals they have here now are ducks, geese, chickens and horses. Plus the obligatory cats and dogs of course.
Bob
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Oh Bob. I'm so glad you are back, although I wish there was better news about Helen

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HEALING VIBES FOR HELEN}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Bob,i thought it was a place where people came to camp as well....do people come and camp and fish or was i just having a brain burp thinking about the camping?
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down