Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Post Recipes Here

+3
jeanebellini
Sue Short
BobCat
7 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Let's Post Recipes Here - Page 5 Empty Re: Let's Post Recipes Here

Post by fiffur Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 pm

How about a low carb version of a cheddar bay roll big enough for a sandwich and no leftovers to go stale either? This looks quite promising, and I have all the ingredients to make it already too. You can cut the salt by using a lower salt cheese and unsalted butter, and this is actually good for you. Heck, I can sub out the cheddar for another flavor cheese for variety.

Low Carb Cheddar Bread

Minutes to Prepare: 3
Minutes to Cook: 2
Number of Servings: 1

Ingredients
1 large egg
2 tbsp flax seed meal
1/2 teas. baking powder
1 packet Splenda
1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 teas. butter, melted

Directions
Melt butter in 15 oz oval ramekin or flat bowl. Add & mix egg, flax meal, baking powder & splenda. Add cheddar cheese and mix. Put in microwave 1 minute, flip bread over and microwave another 10 seconds if no done in middle. Makes one slice of bread. Cut in half, top half with desired sandwich filling. Suggestions: mayo or cream cheese, turkey, lettuce, tomato, etc. Then top with other half of bread. Serves one.

Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 282.2 Total Fat: 22.7 g Cholesterol: 252.6 mg Sodium: 869.0 mg
Total Carbs: 5.6 g Dietary Fiber: 4.0 g Protein: 16.3 g
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Found an excellant, easy recipe for lowcarb sesame chicken sauce......tried it out on pork last night and it was sooooo good. Made the sauce while the meat was cooking.

SESAME SAUCE
3TB soy sauce
1 TB toasted sesame oil
2 Tsp crushed fresh garlic (I used some garlic powder)
chopped scallions (used a small onion, minced)
1 Tsp ground ginger
1/2 Tsp black pepper
2 Tsp splenda
1 Tsp of apple cider vinegar
some toasted sesame seeds

Just mixed it up in a glass bowl, nuked it for about 2 minutes, added my veggies, nuked it some more, and added my meat to it and tossed like a salad to mix it all up. The above makes just enough sauce for one pork chop or one chicken breast. Had to mix up 2 batches to coat my dinner last night.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:32 pm

This one sounds good.....just gotta borrow a blender. My mom was asking if I'd break my diet to have one......and I found out online one small frosty has 52 carbs in it! Way too many. But this is do-able.

Mock Wendy's Frosty

Delicious, low-cal drink for moments when you want chocolate. You will be drinking this even after you reach your weight loss goal. It is that good.
Minutes to Prepare: 5
Number of Servings: 2
Ingredients:
1 CUP Nonfat (skim) milk
2 TBSP Sugar-Free, Fat Free Chocolate Pudding Mix
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
1 TSP Unsweetened Cocoa
1/2 TBSP Splenda (2-3 small packets)
2 TBL Cool-Whip Free (optional)
7 Ice Cubes

Directions:
Place all in a blender that chops ice well. Blend until all is well mixed and all of the ice is chopped up. Mixture should be nice and thick. Top with whipped cream, if desired.

This recipe makes almost 20 ounces, which I personally think is too much for one serving. I highly suggest dividing this recipe in half or share the full recipe version with someone special.
Servings Per Recipe: 2 Amount Per Serving : Calories: 67.0 Total Fat: 0.5 g Cholesterol: 3.0 mg Sodium: 112.2 mg
Total Carbs: 14.1 g Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g Protein: 5.2 g
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Okay, here's my recipe for orange-ginger sauce using orange extract. Makes just enough to coat a chicken breast or beef filet and a good amount of veggies. No leftovers. You toss it all together like a salad to coat everything lightly.

LORI’S ORANGE-GINGER SAUCE

1 tsp ground ginger
2 TB low carb soy sauce
2 TB toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp orange extract
1 tsp splenda

Mix all ingredients well, add to meat and veggies last two minutes of cooking.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:07 pm

Finally tried out the cream cheese muffin recipe I found at lowcarbfriends.com (they're more like mini cheesecakes)........oh my lord it's sooooo good!!! If anybody wants the recipe I gotta warn you.....the condensed version with all the variations and a pic of how to bake them so they're creamier was a 4 1/2 page printout for my cookbook. The flavor and crust variations are nearly endless.
I can send it in an email if you want it and you can pick n choose what to print for yourself.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:45 pm

5 SPICE BEEF & VEGGIES

3 TB low salt carb-free soy sauce
3 tsp chinese 5 spice powder
1 cup beef broth or bouillon
5 oz thinly sliced beef
chopped veggies of choice, about 2-3 cups worth (broccoli, pea pods, carrots, etc.)

Mix soy sauce, 5 spice powder, and broth in a bowl.....add beef and cover with tight fitting lid. Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight. When ready to cook DO NOT DRAIN. Stir fry the entire mixture in a pan until the beef is done. Remove beef from pan and set aside. While beef is cooking cook your veggies either in another pan (steaming is best) or in a large bowl with a loose lid in the microwave. Allow remaining marinade in pan to boil until reduced. Add beef back into the pan along with the cooked veggies, toss to coat and serve. I used the same bowl I cooked the veggies in from the microwave to eat it.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Tried out the cream cheese muffin recipe too and it was a hit! This is kinda long but it's the basic recipe with all the variations. Limited only by your imagination and the extracts you can find to use. There's a lot more in that forum....about 40 pages worth of posts so far. I made them with strawberry extract....wish I'd had a couple fresh strawberries to slice for the top or some SF strawberry jam and added a bottom crust.....they'd have been so good that way.....oh well, next time. Fif

Cream Cheese Muffins (Low-Carb Mini-Cheesecakes)
Basic Recipe

2 8-oz. pks. cream cheese
1/2 cup sweetener (granular Splenda, OR 1/4 cup Splenda, 1/4 cup sugar-free Da Vinci syrup OR equivalent, as desired) can reduce sweetener if you want these less sweet
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract (or lemon, or almond, etc.)
Optional: Cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, or other low-carb topping, to taste. (Reserve.)

Soften cream cheese about 40 seconds in microwave.
Add other basic ingredients.
Beat with mixer or whisk till smooth. (Do not overbeat.)
Pour into non-stick muffin pan, and/or use non-stick spray. (If using cupcake/muffin papers, can spray papers with non-stick spray.)
Sprinkle with cinnamon or choice of topping, if desired.
Bake at 350 for 18-20 min. (Less for mini-muffins, 10-12 minutes.) Will not brown. Should be mostly set up, but somewhat soft in middle.

To reduce sinking centers: Bake only 18 minutes. Cool in oven with oven door open for 1/2 - 1 hour, then cover and cool on counter for 1/2 - 1 hour, then refrigerate. (Can use water bath; place shallow pan of water on lower shelf while preheating oven.)

Taste best chilled. Keeps well in refrigerator. Can be frozen.

Full Basic Recipe as written, with Splenda:
43 carbs, 2398 calories, 210 fat grams, 96 protein grams.
If making regular-sized muffin cups, each one has:
3.6 carbs, 200 calories, 17.5 fat grams, and 8 protein grams.
If using half Splenda, half zero-carb liquid sweetener;
31 carbs, 2374 calories, 17.5 fat grams, and 8 protein grams, so 1(of 12) has:
2.6 carbs, 200 calories, 17.5 fat grams, and 8 protein grams.

Variations: (NOTE: Adjust carb counts accordingly!)

Use 1/3 cup - 1/2 cup da Vinci’s syrup of choice; omit Splenda and maybe extract.
Add vanilla protein powder for more protein (added 3 large serving spoons worth.. ) or to thicken if using all liquid sweetener.

Reduce egg to only 1 egg.

Add 1/4 cup sour cream to basic recipe.

Add nuts or coconut, or cocoa powder (3 TB), baking chocolate (1 full square unsweetened), or peanut butter.
I added a package of cherry sugar free jello instead of the splenda and a teaspoon of stevia, they cooked up fine and were a really yummy cherry flavor.

Add crust:
Peanut Butter Cookie Crust:
1 c Splenda
1 c peanut butter
1 egg
Mix. Press into muffin cups. Bake 350 for 10 min. Add cream cheese mixture and bake as usual.

Nut Crust:
6 Tablespoons almond meal
6 Tablespoons chopped Nuts ( almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
1 Tablespoon butter -- melted
Combine almond meal, chopped nuts and butter, toss thoroughly and divide into muffin cups. Tamp nuts down firmly, into bottoms of muffin cups. Bake for 8 minutes; remove from oven to cool slightly while preparing filling.

Brownie Crust:
Use low-carb brownie mix. Place some in each muffin cup, then top with cream cheese mixture. Bake as per brownie directions.

Add topping. After baking, top with:
Low-carb sugar-free fruit topping
Low-carb sugar-free preserves

Chocolate Ganache:
1/2 cup (4 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
Put the chocolate chips and cream into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and stir with a whisk or fork until well mixed. Use immediately.

Chocolate (or other) Frosting:
Blend 1/4 packet sugar free chocolate pudding with 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1/8 cup of granular Splenda. Whip until very thick. (Can use other flavors of sugar-free pudding.)

Lemon Whipped Cream:
Add about one-fourth tub of Crystal Light Lemonade drink mix to cup of whipping cream before whipping.

Make it savory instead of sweet: Omit sweetener and extract. Add herbs, spices, grated cheese, minced onion and/or other vegetables, cooked and crumbled bacon, ham etc. to your liking. Or, add a tub of TGIFriday’s Spinach/Artichoke Dip.

Flax Crust
1/2 cup flax meal
4 packets splenda (or about 3 Tbsp of the bulk splenda)
3 Tbsp butter (I use unsalted)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder (Not sure if this is needed)

I mixed all the dry ingredients. Melted the butter in the microwave. Added the vanilla to the butter and then mixed the butter vanilla mixture with the dry. I just mixed it with my fingers. I greased a nonstick muffin tin with butter. Added the flax crust mixture and pressed, a little up the sides. Prebaked for 5 minutes in 350 degree oven. These allow the mini cheesecakes to pop right out of the muffin tin once cooled. Just run a knife around the edges.

Half batch: I use the basic recipe, using just one egg, and bake them in a water bath for 15 minutes... just until mostly set... turn off the oven, and leave them there with the door ajar for an hour. Remove from oven, and let cool thoroughly on counter. Then refrigerate overnight.

They do not sink at all using this method.

I've made these. I was not sure about nuking them, but I really liked the way they turned out. I used the silicone mini muffin pans. (24) I like to use Caramel DaVinci.
I made Betsy's recipe. #221 But I put them in mini muffin pans, and nuked them. I cooked them 2 minutes. Checked them (didn't know what to look for). Cooked 35 seconds. Looked at them (again ?) Cooked them 30 more seconds. Then I let them sit in the micro for a few minutes, then took out and sat on the counter to cool. I only got 20 mini muffins, and most of them weren't very full. Looks like there about 2 carbs in 4 of these minis.

CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
2) 8 oz pkgs cream cheese ( I put them in the s/s bowl from the mixer in the oven as it is heating up to make it really soft)
1/4 cup splenda
2 scoops protein powder
1/4 cup artisan chocolate SF syrup
2 eggs ( I think I could have used 3)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 tbs cocoa powder

Mix well. Pour into muffin pan, or cups. Bake 18 minutes.Turn off oven and open door a few inches. Let cool

that way for 1/2-1 hours. Take out of oven and cool on counter for 1/2-1 hour. Refrigerate.
They came out a tad bit dry that’s why I probably could have used an extra egg.

Egg Nog Muffins
8 oz cream cheese
1 whole large egg
1/4 C SF Davinci vanilla syrup
1/2 t rum extract
1 t nutmeg

Blend everything together. Cook like regular cream cheese muffins. Makes 6

Variations:

ALMOND MUFFINS
4oz cream cheese
1/2 egg yolk
1/4 c splenda
1 tsp almond flavoring

Then topped with slivered almonds.

PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
1 8 oz. cream cheese
4 T. canned pumpkin
1 egg
1/4 C. Splenda
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
2 shakes of cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Soften cream cheese about 40 seconds in microwave. Add other ingredients and mix well with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into a cupcake pan lined with 6 foil cupcake papers. Bake for 20 minutes in a water bath. Leave in oven with door open for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate

Just wanted to add for anyone using all liquid sweetner: I add one packet of unflavored gelatin to the Torani syrup and microwave until disolved. I stir that mixture in to the batter along with the other ingredients. I've found that when only using liquid sweetner, the muffins don't have a lot of bulk to them. Adding the gelatin adds bulk without the consistency of jello. It still has that creamy cheescake consistency!

I made these following the original recipe and loved them, but the liners were soggy & the bottoms of the muffins were too. So, this last time, I added 2 Tbsp coconut flour to the mix. I also added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon (which I think could be increased). I didn't use any liners -- used silicone muffin pans sprayed with nonstick spray. A couple of minutes out of the oven, I ran a knife around each one & lifted a little so they wouldn't stick. After about 15 minutes, I put them on a cookie rack to cool. I've been keeping them in the fridge, and they are so much easier to eat and so delicious, and the texture is consistent throughout. They're not bready or anything -- creamy but solid (if that makes sense!).

If you remove the muffins for the baking pan immediately and place on a cooling rack (carefully grasp opposite sides of cupcake liners to lift and remove) the tops will not collapse. This is harder with the minis because they fill higher. They are also less dense and creamier this way. There is less room for topping, tho. lol

Low carb peanut butter cookies
1 cup S/F peanut butter ( I use simply jif)
1 cup splenda
1 egg

Mix all ingredients together and plop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Press a fork into splenda and then make the crisscross on the top of the cookie with it. Bake at 350 for 10 min.

These cookies don't rise or spread so you are making the actual size they come out in. Makes a good bottom crust for peanut butter muffins.

This might make a good crust if you're making a big batch for a party:
CHOCOLATE/COCONUT/NUT PROTEIN BARS
1 square of unsweetened chocolate OR one envelope of Choco-bake
2 Tbs. butter OR 2 Tbs. coconut oil
2 Tbs. cream or half and half or CC or just milk
3-4 Tbs. Splenda or 6 pkts of Splenda
1 cup Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
1 cup of chopped nuts: I used raw almonds and chopped and toasted them
you can use a variety or walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (you can leave out if you want)
2-3 Tbs. SF Davinci..flavor of choice
Optional: 3-4 Tbs. flaxseed meal for the topping ..I mixed it with a bit of splenda

Melt chocolate/butter or oil in microwave very gently....You don't want the chocolate to burn. Then add Splenda and cream/milk and stir well.
Then add protein powder, nuts, coconut and stir well..It will be stiff..then you add your Davincis and stir well..Now taste this..if it is NOT sweet enough, add more sweetner.

In either a bread pan OR an 8 x 8 pan that has been line with Saran Wrap, spread out the mixture and pat until even. Then take some flaxseed meal with or without splenda and sprinkle on the top..Press it down slightly so it will stick to the bars..Then cover the top of the bars with Saran Wrap..and
chill..

Approximate counts: 5-6 carbs/15 grams of protein per bar that is cut
into 6ths..The calorie count would be around 300..per bar..so it would be a
complete meal or snack..

Little pieces could be considered healthy candy..

From http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lowcarb-recipe-help-suggestions/399261-cream-cheese-muffins-21.html

fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu May 30, 2013 12:52 pm

LORI'S DUMPLINGS (low carb)

1/4 cup almond flour
1/3 cup vital wheat gluten
1/3 cup whey protein powder, plain
1 1/2 TB baking powder
2-3 TB splenda
1/2 stick butter, very cold
1 egg, beaten well
large splash cream

Mix dry ingredients well in a bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender and store in a jar in the fridge with a tight-fitting lid. Makes 1 cup mix. To use for dumplings: measure out 3/4 cup and add beaten egg and cream. Mix only until all is moistened and holds together. Don’t even think of letting mixture get warm, you want to add this to the soup/stew while the butter is still very cold. Add by teaspoonsfull on top of soup/stew, cover the pot, and cook about 10-15 minutes. Will rise quite nicely, like regular high carb dumplings.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu May 30, 2013 4:58 pm

Sounds tasty.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:39 pm

They were. I'm going to try them again soon, only not cook them quite as long this time. They were a bit dry and tough--I'd definitely overcooked them last time.

Finally prefected what is pretty close to Tso Chicken sauce. You might want to give it a try. It was pretty good. Used 1 chicken breast, 1 broccoli crown, and 2 carrots for it last night.

GENERAL TSO CHICKEN
MY VERSION OF THE SAUCE FOR 1 SERVING:

3/8 CUP WATER 1 TSP NO SALT CHICKEN BOUILLION POWDER
1 TB SPLENDA 1 1/2 TB SOY SAUCE
1/2 TB APPLE CIDER VINEGAR 1 1/2 TSP GROUND GINGER
2 TB SESAME OIL 1/2 SMALL ONION, CHOPPED FINE
LARGE PINCH GARLIC POWDER 1 TSP RED PEPPER FLAKES
4 TB LOW CARB KETCHUP 1 TSP XANTHUM GUM

MIX ALL INGREDIENTS IN A GLASS BOWL, SPRINKLE XANTHUM GUM ON TOP EVENLY. MIX THOROUGHLY, LET SIT ABOUT 3 MINUTES, THEN HEAT IN MICROWAVE ABOUT 2 MINUTES. LET SIT AGAIN TO THICKEN SOME MORE. POUR OVER COOKED CHICKEN BITS AND VEGGIES AND TOSS TO COAT.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Found a couple recipes for breakfast muffins.......something for breakfast for me other than oatmeal.

OMELET MUFFINS
• 6 eggs
• 1/4 – 1/2 cup cooked meat, cut or crumbled into small pieces
• 1/2 cup diced vegetables
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp ground pepper
• 1/8 cup mayonnaise
• 1/8 cup water
• Optional Ingredient Idea: Make a Mexican Omelet Muffin by adding 1/4 cup shredded cheese, onions, and lightly drained salsa to the eggs.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease 6 muffin tins with butter or coconut oil or for easier removal line with paper baking cups. The baking cups also help the muffins hold their shape.
In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add meat, vegetables, salt, ground pepper, and any other ingredients and stir to combine.

Spoon or scoop into the muffin cups.

Bake for 18-20 minutes until a knife inserted into the center of an muffin/omelet comes out almost clean. The omelets will continue to cook for a minute or two after removed from the oven. Remove the omelets from the muffin cups and serve, or cool completely and store for another day. Can be frozen.

I did read that if you use veggies in these and freeze them, when you reheat in the microwave they tend to get a tad watery.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:08 pm

Then there's this one that might be even better. What do you think? Which one should I try? I was looking up how to freeze omelets when I came across this......it sounds good. I included the recipe and the comments that came with it:

Breakfast Casserole

1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground sausage
1 block cream cheese (optional but it makes the dish for me)
half an onion (I use green onions)
one quarter to one half a green bell pepper (DH doesn't like bell pepper so I often omit this)
small carton of mushrooms
2 to 8 eggs (I use 6 most of the time)
2 to 4 cups of shredded cheese (depending on how much you like cheese!)
salt, pepper, garlic, any other seasonings
hot sauce, pico de gallo, ketchup, etc.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Chop and saute vegetables in olive oil. As the pepper softens, add the meats and cook until they're almost done. Drain grease and return to pan. Add salt, pepper, or other seasonings. Turn the heat to low and add cream cheese. Mix it all well and add hot sauce or pico if you like. Spread the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan, making sure to spread evenly but don't pack tightly. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and a little more salt and pepper if you like. Pour the eggs over the meat mixture and top with shredded cheese.

Bake for about 30 minutes until the eggs are thoroughly cooked. Cut the dish into 6-8 pieces and put each piece in an individual container. Do NOT put the lid on it. Alternatively, you could use sandwich size baggies but do not seal the bag. Let cool for about 30 minutes. Place the containers in the freezer but still do not put the lids on them. Let them freeze for 3 hours or overnight. When frozen all the way through, seal the containers. To reheat, microwave covered on high for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until hot all the way through and enjoy! Note: putting these in the freezer while still warm will result in too many ice crystals which will cause your eggs to be slimy when you reheat them. Plus it will lower the temperature of your freezer. Putting the lids on them before frozen will result in not enough ice crystals which will make your eggs rubbery when you reheat them. At least that was my experience while experimenting with these. Smile

I found the recipe at lowcarbfriends.com it and it's very good. The taste reminds me of an omelet but I actually prefer this dish. I've added turkey bacon to this, a large variety of cheeses and vegetables from the garden and it always turns out great. I've kept it in the fridge for 5 days and in the freezer for 2 to 3 months. I've added just about every combination of items to it and it always turned out well so ham and broccoli should work fine, too. As for the fat content, you can make it with egg beaters or half egg beaters, half egg and it works fine that way, too. You can also use low fat or fat free cheeses to reduce the fat further.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Made one of these in chocolate this morning for breakfast.......you'd be surprised how good it is.

One Minute Muffin (refers to the cooking time)
1/4 cup flax meal
1 egg
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon  (sometimes I use pumpkin pie seasoning-this is pretty good too)
1 1/2 teaspoons sweetener
1 tablespoon fresh or frozen blueberries, optional (or smashed banana, shredded apple, etc)
a microwave

Put the first 6 ingredients in a large glass measuring cup or bowl, and whisk to combine. No need to melt the butter or get it to dissolve–if it’s still in a clump, it’s okay. Mostly try to get the baking powder evenly dispersed. Now stir in the blueberries or whatever fruit you’re using. Pour into a greased coffee mug and microwave on high for 1 minute.  Let it sit for a bit, then pour onto a plate; or you can just eat it out of the mug with a spoon. The butter will have melted and made a tiny bit of a “sauce” with the melted blueberries.
calories 298     carbs 12.7 g    dietary fiber 9.5 g     sugar 1.3 g    protein 11.8 g   fat 26.5 g

It tastes good. Not oh-my-gosh-this-is-the-best-muffin-ever, but actually pretty good considering it’s made completely out of flax meal and has just a tiny bit of sweetener.

I omitted the fruit and cinnamon and just added 2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa to the batter and nuked it in the same bowl I mixed it up in.  Pretty good, almost could pass for chocolate cake.  Maybe next time I make it this way I'll pass a touch of melted butter over the top and sprinkle some splenda on it.   So far I've made the original sans fruit with cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and now chocolate.  I know the carb count was a bit less than the original muffin because I didn't include the fruit called for. Not bad for breakfast at 8am.....and I'm still not hungry yet!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:54 pm

My sugar free coleslaw:

1 cup zero carb low fat mayo
1 large carrot, finely shredded
1/2 good sized head of cabbage, shredded
1 TB lemon juice
2 TB apple cider vinegar
6 TB splenda

Mix cabbage and carrot together in large bowl. Mix other ingredients until well blended in another bowl, then add to cabbage/carrot mixture. Chill at least 3 hours before serving. Makes about 6 cups worth.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Here's my recipe for lightly sweetened, lightly spiced pear jam.

MY SUGARFREE PEAR JAM

8 cups shredded pears, peeled and cored
3 TB lemon juice
1/2 cup water
3 TB ground cinnamon
1 1/2 TB ground cloves
1 cup splenda
7 TB Ball sugar-free pectin

Wash jars and lids in hot soapy water and rinse well. Place lids in a small saucepan with water. Peel, core, and shred pears….measure out 8 cups and put in a large pot with the water and lemon juice. Mix to coat (this prevents browning of the pears). Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring almost constantly while you bring your canner up to a boil and your lids in another pan (to sterilize them). Add cinnamon and cloves, bring back to a boil. Add the pectin, bring up to a boil again and let boil one minute. Immediately pour into hot clean jars (I run steaming hot water in them in the sink to make them hot at this point) and process in a rolling boil waterbath for 10 minutes. Shut off heat and let cool at least 5 minutes before removing jars to cool undisturbed on a towel covered countertop. Listen for the click of jars sealing as they cool (this may take minutes or up to an hour). If they don’t seal place jar in the fridge when cool enough and use within a month. Makes 4 pints of jam.

I used my little Shortcut shredder/slicer that I've had since 1985 to shred the pears. It's gotten more use the past month making jam than it ever did before making hash browns.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:20 pm

Okay, Fif. I couldn't find my recipe so here it is to the best of my memories. I don't know how big you piece is but here's what I'd do. !/4 cup of maple syrup, 1/4 cup of lemon juice,
1/8 of cup of canola oil, 1/8 of cider vinegar. Combine them. Back the fish at 450 till done. The method I use is ten minutes per inch. If you're not sure then just go ten minutes. Turn oven off pour glaze over fish, let it sit in oven for no more than five minutes. Foil the pan to help with clean up.

Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:10 pm

It's about a lb.....
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:45 pm

That amount should work. No more than 10 or 15 minutes. You can even put the fish in
frozen, it just takes a little longer.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:44 pm

Probably will have this next week if I get frozen in like we did with the vortex. Recipe sounds good and I've never had salmon before like this(filet and baked--only had canned and didn't like it much). I'll want to heat the place up a bit running the stove.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:21 pm

I found and have had this recipe for almost two years now but never tried it before.....until I baked one on Wednesday.  OhMy....but it was good!  Had to make a few changes because I didn't have all the ingredients but that made it even better.   Made up my own glaze that was wonderful!  Everybody said it was good, even mom!

PUMPKIN SPICE LOAF
You can feel proud to serve this delicious, moist loaf anytime.

1 1/2 cups ground almonds                                        
1 1/2 cups SPLENDA® Granular
3/4 cup vanilla whey protein (I used unflavored)
[/color]6 tbsp vital wheat gluten
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
2 extra-large eggs, fork beaten  (used 3 large eggs)
1 cup canned pumpkin, unsweetened   (it's about half a cans' worth)
1/2 cup sour cream (I used unflavored greek yogurt)
6 tbsp olive oil  (I had canola oil)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

In large bowl, combine ground almonds, SPLENDA® Granular, vanilla whey protein, vital wheat gluten, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda. In medium bowl, combine eggs pumpkin, sour cream, olive oil and vanilla extract. Stir into dry ingredients, just until combined.   You might think it won't mix but keep at it--it will.
Pour into a 9 x 5 x 3-inch (2 L) loaf pan lined with wax paper (I only lined the long side and bottom) and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven 55 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.  (start checking at 40 minutes)  Remove loaf and carefully remove wax paper. Frost cooled loaf. (The wax paper trick is useful to prevent loaf from sticking to old and worn loaf pans. If yours is brand new and nonstick, then skip the wax paper.)

Cream Cheese Frosting: (Replace with Betty Crocker-like frosting - see below)
4 oz light cream cheese, softened                                
1/3 cup SPLENDA® Granular
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 tbsp whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract

In food processor with sharp blade or in blender, process cream cheese, SPLENDA® Granular, butter, whipping cream and vanilla extract until smooth.

Variation: Apple Spice Loaf with Frosting: Omit pumpkin. Substitute 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce and use 1/4 cup sour cream.  (5.2 g Carbs) This loaf goes well with Cinnamon Butter.

BETTER-THAN-BETTY-CROCKER FROSTING:
1/2 cup Splenda Granular
t tbsp. powdered erythritol
4 tbsp. milk powder
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp sugar free syrup (Maple flavored)                      
3 tbsp butter, softened

In blender, combine Splenda Granular, powdered erythritol, whole milk powder and cornstarch. Add sugar free syrup and butter; blend until well combined.

Yield: 3/4 cup delicious frosting. Double the recipe for 1 1/2 cups frosting. The frosting is slightly maple-flavored and, in my opinion, is quite a bit nicer than some of the frostings for cakes and cupcakes that one buys in the containers with the soft plastic top (you know which ones I mean?).

Nutritional analysis for Pumpkin Spice Loaf with New Frosting Recipe:
18 slices, 1 slice:  174.6 calories; 7.8 g protein; 12.6 g fat; 7.5 g carbs

Helpful Hints: Clearly the new frosting adds a couple more carbs per slice and that puts this pumpkin spice loaf into a new category of moderate carbs. The frosting is truly delicious and indistinguishable from the real thing, however, more carby than some of my other frostings. There will be special birthdays, etc. when no expense, I mean no carbs can be be spared, if you know what I mean - great for cakes and cupcakes. A good recipe to have in one’s low-carb arsenal. Squirrel the recipe away for another day.

The glaze I used was a variation of the one above:
3 TB unsalted butter, very soft
2 TB Walden Farms zero carb Pancake Syrup
1 TB Splenda

It coated the entire top of the loaf and a little drizzled itself down the sides.  I figured this was about 14 carbs for 1/8 of the loaf.  

Mom said if I add a bit more spice, baking powder so it would rise higher, and some chopped nuts it could pass as spice cake.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5