Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

article about things to look for when finding a place to board your pet

3 posters

Go down

article about things to look for when finding a place to board your pet Empty article about things to look for when finding a place to board your pet

Post by jeanebellini Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:42 pm

this is about cats but i think it gives really good advice for any critter that might be to be looked after for a few days or week while you're gone.
http://catster.com/articles/10-Red-Flags-to-Heed-When-Inspecting-a-Cat-Boarding-Facility-223

some things are common sense but others are things that are really good to think about.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

article about things to look for when finding a place to board your pet Empty Re: article about things to look for when finding a place to board your pet

Post by fiffur Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:46 am

Very good list. Applies to either dogs or cats IMHO. That's why my sis has my mom and me looking after her lil ones while she's on the charity bike ride. We can text anytime if an emergency comes up and we can take straight to the vet if necessary with no complaint.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

article about things to look for when finding a place to board your pet Empty Re: article about things to look for when finding a place to board your pet

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:54 pm

some folks have no choice but to just board wherever they have a place...where i grew up i don't think anyone ever thought about boarding their pets. they just had someone come over like Fiff is. i know people who make extra money by house sitting and pet sitting at the same time. they live in the house with the critters.

but when you have to go looking for a place those are good ideas.
i don't know if it was in one of the Mutts forums or if it was in another one i'm in, but there was at least one person who every time they went somewhere they had to board their dog at a kennel and the poor thing was always coming home sick or with kennel cough.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:43 am

Most kennels around here require proof they've had a "kennel cough" vaccination within a week before boarding them. Prevents a lot of that from being spread around.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Great article. Some of it I knew, some of it would have never occured
to me.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:23 pm

when i comes to kennel cough its like a kid with a cold...you don't always know what's going on til you've already sick.

and yeah..there's things in there i never would have thought of too pale
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down