Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

+4
Sue Short
bpaquet
fiffur
ARNIgal
8 posters

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 2 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by BobCat Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:28 am

I understand too, Arni. I still sometimes catch a glimpse of Bobby out of the corner of my eye and for a split second I think it's Blue. I still miss that guy every day too. And don't even get me started on Grommit - I can still get weepy over him.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too) - Page 2 Empty Re: My Envigado & Jay Jay (plus my kitties in Lansing too)

Post by ARNIgal Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:37 pm

I remember all of those stories about Archimedes, Blue, Bobby and Grommit too... Sad

Envigado has been working my last nerve in the morning. That's because he's still having a rough time getting used to Patty's...which is understandable, but still, I'm annoyed. I'm still trying to come up with a routine that doesn't wake my friend up in her room in the morning. To that end, while I was making breakfast around 6-ish, Envigado was howling at the top of the steps. I was so annoyed at him that I banged the pan on the edge of the counter and gave it a pretty good dent... confused So that I don't let my rage/annoyance go any further, I think I'll just do the net in the bedroom with Envigado safely at my side...! Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:17 pm

I'm sure that things will settle down soon. I know it took the Gang of Four (Ascot, Bearcat, Boo and Rachel) a long time
to settle down after we had found a place to lay our heads.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Would Rescue Remedy help? I know it minimizes Gateway's howling in the car. It's herbal and safe for kitties, horses and doggies. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:33 am

Rescue Remedy would probably help, but the thing that worries me about that is the thought of Envigado being really scared and not being able to express himself. I would rather re-order my day a bit, which seems to be working!! cheers Also the internet is a lot faster this time of day! Like a Star @ heaven
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:57 am

I'm trying a product that is supposed to help with vertical scratching (Bobby is a real furniture wrecker!), inappropriate peeing (not a problem, thank heaven!) and issues like acclimating a cat to a new home or new additions to the household. It's called Feliway, and it's supposedly an artificial pheromone that calms kitty. I have to spray the chairs that he loves to scratch every couple of days, but it does seem to help. There is also a plug-in - kind of like an air freshener - that is supposed to cover a larger area, and that's what they recommend for the stress situations.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:47 pm

I've heard that stuff works too. Might help E with his adjusting issues.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:34 pm

I am familiar with Feliway too and since it is just pheromones, I wouldn't have any misgivings about using it. Now that Envigado seems to be working out his issues cheers , things are just fine. But if I were to use it here, would my friend's cats have any bad reactions to it?
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:30 pm

cheers
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:22 pm

And just now Envigado came into my friend's dining room for the first time!! cheers
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:30 pm

What a wonderful kitty. Sounds like things are settling down. cheers
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:59 am

ARNIgal wrote:I am familiar with Feliway too and since it is just pheromones, I wouldn't have any misgivings about using it. Now that Envigado seems to be working out his issues cheers , things are just fine. But if I were to use it here, would my friend's cats have any bad reactions to it?

I don't think so, they'd react a lot like Evingado would. Mellowed out. Glad to hear he's working out his issues.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Envigado is certainly getting back to normal...I got scratched awake this morning shortly after 5AM for the first time in about a week and a half! Suspect
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Yup, back to normal.......
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:06 pm

...and Beans started bringing me yarny flowers again!! Smitten
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:08 pm

You have adorable kitties.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:49 pm

I love you
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:01 pm

She tried to bring me another one, but one of my friend's cats was blocking her at the bottom of the stairs Evil or Very Mad
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:03 pm

She tried to bring me another one, but one of my friend's cats was blocking her at the bottom of the stairs Evil or Very Mad
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:34 pm

That was rude of them.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:19 pm

That was really rude of them to do that. Beans was on a mission and they kept her from fulfilling it.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:47 pm

I didn't mean to give the impression that Chrissy the cat was being rude. When she was at the bottom of the steps, I think she was just wondering what Beans was up to...Don't worry, I knew Beans was bringing me the toy since she was making her dying kitty noise! :-) I just had to go to the upstairs hall to get it!
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Maybe Chrissy was trying to figure out WHY Beans was making that dying kitty noise.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:42 pm

You know I would pay good money to hear that.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:25 pm

I'd be curious to hear it too. Not sure if I've ever heard that sound before from any kitty.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next