Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all?

+5
Suzzzz
fiffur
Sue Short
WarriorNY
jeanebellini
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all? Empty Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all?

Post by jeanebellini Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:21 pm

just thought i'd bring in a new holiday here;) wondering what people are doing or going to do....do you do the trick or treat stuff or get no trick or treaters..
Do you go to any haunted things? (last night i saw on the net a Haunted Vet done by an organization to raise money for shelter pets).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all? Empty Re: Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all?

Post by WarriorNY Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:37 pm

We have our decorations up. We always get trick-or-treaters but it is too early to have candy yet. As you can see in my avatar my Shy Guy costume is ready. I go trick-or-treating but not for candy. I just go for fun.

Halloween is also my birthday. I am probably going to have homemade cupcakes. I still don't know what I want for my birthday.
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all? Empty Re: Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all?

Post by Sue Short Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:38 pm

I may get a spooky movie from the library. I don't know since
it's Sunday. The Haunted Vet sounded fun. What where they
doing?
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:49 pm

the haunted vet isn't anywhere near me....but i need to go looking for it so i can post the link.

Warrior...have you ever thought about trick or treating for UNICEF? you can get a little collection box (if you can't find one let me know and i can send you a couple;) )and when the kids get the candy you can get something that will help kids in other countries;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:08 pm

I never thought about that, jeane. I remember they forced us to do it back in grade school.
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:08 pm

Not doing a thing for Halloween except watch a few spooky movies. I don't get any trick or treaters, nobody sees my balcony, and my sis can't afford to pass out candy this year so didn't decorate either. So sad.....it was dad's favorite holiday.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:20 pm

welp, you all can get together and pool your resources and hand out something at your sister's house! doesn't take much....and some things you can get a LOt of pieces in one bag for only a couple bucks.

Warrior, at least if you did it now you wouldn't be forced to do it:)
for a couple years i've thought it would be interesting to go around and trick or treat for pussycats,,,wear my Rescue Kitty costume and ask for money instead of treats to help benefit shelter kitties(and pooches).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:55 pm

You know Jeane, that's a wonderful idea. I checked my
Netflix list and the movie that is due in the week of Halloween
is Forbidden Planet. I remember when it first came out, it
scared me to death. It's another one of those movies that plays
with you mind.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:45 pm

I like that idea Jeane, collecting for the kitty rescue like others collect for Unicef.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:52 pm

i bought some of the stuff i use to make my 'black cat halloween poop' bags....i just need to print up the bag headers!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:43 am

What are those Jeane? Never heard of them before.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Jeane! You're NOT going to hand out cat poop are you?? affraid Hmmm. Never thought of that. I know where I can get plenty. Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all? 245296

Lol! I know you're not, but DO please explain! Twisted Evil
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:24 pm

oh hell,why not? mom used to tell stories about how they used to put flaming bags of poop on people's porches!

But naw, its something i make up that's similar to Snowman poop if anyone has seen that (mini marshmallows).
I know a few people in here have seen it...i know LK has cuz i gave some to her and Patrick. I thought i'd given a bag to Warrior as well but not sure.
Its halloween shaped mellowcremes and candh corn in mini bags with this special head i designed for them.
I also make Black Cat Christmas littler box which is hot cocoa mix with a few extras.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Yes. You gave me a pack.
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:16 pm

I don't know if we're doing anything (other than handing out candy, of course), but I love Halloween. I'm a little disappointed that I don't seem to get the number of goblins at my door that I did several years ago, but it's still fun.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan A Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:31 am

Halloween has always been a favorite time of year for me. I would absolutely LOVE to be able to really do this place up as a haunted house! As far as I know there aren't any resident spooks, but it would be fun to cook some up for effect. affraid

We do have all of the kids, their spouses and significant others coming in next weekend for a Halloween cookie decorating fest and pumpkin carving. As far as the actual night goes - we're so far out in the boonies, I don't expect any trick or treaters. We can pretend the cats' nightly treat-begging is some form of kitty trick or treating Rolling Eyes .
Susan A
Susan A
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:27 am

My parents haven't passed out candy in the past few years and this year is no different. It is to the point that maybe a dozen kids if that show up. My parents never did decorate for Halloween. I won't be doing anything special for Halloween. The closest thing I will be doing is helping out with the Day of the Dead event at my place of volunteer on the day before Halloween.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:29 pm

We used to go all out for Halloween decorating when I was a kid. It was my dad's favorite holiday. The yard, the house, and even us were all dressed up just to pass out the candy. Last year before my parents divorced we had over 300 kids show up, some from as far away as Belvidere. Shocked They'd heard about how we celebrated Halloween and had to come see for themselves. We had a huge stuffed pumpkin which hid a speaker that played spooky sounds. Our dressmakers manikin was dressed as a witch. Ghosts in the trees, my dad in a werewolf outfit hiding behind the bushes to jump out at people (older kids), mom dressed as a vampire, my sis a witch, me a corpse in the coffin (a converted fridge box complete with tombstone). The candy in a huge caldron..........and fake spiderweb everywhere and even in the graveyard.

We have one "family picture" of us in costume in the family album. What a sight we were. I miss that fun......
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:11 pm

ah pussy cat trick or treaters..i like that:) though the only treats the rescue kitties like is cat nip and beef flavored wet food. not exactly stuff to beg for.

Susan..if you ever want to really create a haunted house let me know...i have a friend who has done his house (as well as working with the other bigger type and his own side show attractions)for years. He could probably give ya some tips. In fact, i know he wrote a book..i'm just not sure if its about creating haunted houses or doing make up and things.

I see Halloween is on a Sun this year...i wonder if they will let us dress up at work. sometimes they do,sometimes they don't ...sometime people just flat out show up in costume and say to hell with the rules. If nothing else,i'll be dragging out my black sweatshirt and pants and putting on that (now kinda bedraggled) little head piece. I also have a blue doggy tail and hat with a face on it.(a great thrift shop find) thaT would be easy to wear at work and easy to pack if we can't wear 'em.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:34 pm

I know someone asked about when The Great Pumpkin was going to air, so I looked ahead on my DVR. Looks like it will be on ABC at 7 PM Central on the 28th.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:21 pm

When I lived in Chicago I went as the Headless Horseman
and almost broke my neck. I forgot to ask my horse if he
was cool with the idea. He wasn't.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:36 pm

was that a real horse or a person in a horse costume?

thanks for the head's up,bc. i've written it down and just need to put on my calendar.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 pm

I'll have to mark my calendar too. I know I've seen that show a thousand times but it never seems to get old.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:02 pm

for a lot of people its the start of the fall season;) halloween never seems right without seeing The Great Pumpkin..i can't remember if i've ever missed it.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:42 pm

I know I've missed it a few times, but I know it by heart. I wonder if anyone will do a tribute to Peanuts in the comics this year? I've already seen one...........the Humble Stumble on 10-3-10. You can see it on www.comics.com page. He was wearing Charlie Brown's costume with all the holes.

Last edited by fiffur on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next