Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all?

+5
Suzzzz
fiffur
Sue Short
WarriorNY
jeanebellini
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all? - Page 2 Empty Re: Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all?

Post by jeanebellini Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:26 pm

one thing about walking home in t he dark is that i get to see all the decorations lit up ....there are a few hours done up on our street..i don't see anything anywhere else though.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all? - Page 2 Empty Re: Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all?

Post by fiffur Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Not much for decorating around here either, folks just don't have the money to pay for decorations I guess.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:34 pm

don't have to have money to make halloween decorations! a box of kleenex and some thread or string makes ghosts....construction paper makes a lot of things. for $2 you can get a bag of 'spider web' and bag of plastic spiders!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:27 pm

I have a feeling those who used to decorate and aren't this year are a bit depressed about their finances in general, and just don't feel like decorating at all. My sis is one of them.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:13 pm

sometimes just going through the act of decorating will pep ya up. if you have an apt or house i say do it....be happy you have a place you CAN decorate cuz there are people out there who would give a lot just to have a place to put up a christmas tree or to porch to put a pumpkin on!

jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:31 pm

All I have to decorate is my door and hardly anyone sees that but me, and I'm only allowed to put one thing on it. Mom is lucky if she can hang a wreath on hers anymore. So many rules, it almost feels like a prison over there anymore.

Still no plans for Halloween beyond a movie early since I have to work the next morning before the crack of dawn.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:40 pm

the vet on the Pet Stop today talked about halloween decorations. one thing he mentioned i never thought of it the use of those webs in trees and other places outside...they're bad because birds will fly into them and get tangled up.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:35 pm

We just watched spooky movies all weekend!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:44 pm

since all the halloween candy and costumes are in the store I thought I'd bump this up to see if anyone has plans for this year (2011)
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:12 pm

we've had our costumes out for at least two weeks now. i saw a store opening in the old Blockbuster store. its called Spirit and it looks like one of those little pop up and be gone shops just for halloween. i need to see if they have a website to see if i'm right or not.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:09 pm

We'll probably just watch spooky movies all weekend prior to the actual day, since it falls on Monday this year.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:03 pm

I'll probably wear my usual black pants and orange shirt with my Halloween themed vest. I've got my Halloween black cat earrings and my beaded pumpkin pin, but I have been thinking about a new design for a pin which I'm thinking of making
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:41 pm

I have one black tshirt that has 3 cats on it wearing halloween costumes. I can wear that on Halloween, hopefully it won't be so cold out that I have to cover it up with a coat. The kids would like that shirt.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:03 pm

I have three different iterations of the official Svengoolie t-shirt to wear during Halloween week. Of course, the weather is usually so chilly that a t-shirt is barely enough to wear even indoors, so I freeze for the sake of Halloween fashion!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:47 pm

oooo do you have the new one? i dohn't think i've seen the new one yet...though they've been teasing it for months! you can wear a tee when its cold..you juhst have to wear it over layers! wear a tank or a thin thermal then a long sleeved flannel and then your tee;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:52 pm

I am working on a homemade Hello Kitty mask. I am a big fan of Hello Kitty. I will post a picture when it is finished and I have an outfit to go with it.
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:13 pm

oh warrior you come up with some good stuff...can't wait to see how this turns out! what are you using?
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:24 am

I am using:

posterboard for the face

another mask to wear under it to keep it on my face (I have to figure out a way to attach the masks together).

an old Tshirt I cut up for the bow

pipe cleaners for whiskers

WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:43 pm

are thihkng of an over the head type mask under it or one that has elastic around the back? i remember the costume you did with the Mario character and the....if i remember right a red sweatshirt?
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Yes that was a red sweatshirt. That one was also a homemade mask that was over a mask with a headband.
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:26 am

My homemade Hello Kitty costume. I got a cheap pair of sunglasses and knocked out the glasses and glued the mask onto the frames. I used white mesh fabric to cover the eye holes. The long sleeved pink shirt and dark jeans complete the look.

[img]Halloween....are you getting ready or doing nothing at all? - Page 2 Hk2l.th[/img]
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:57 pm

pretty cool! i never thought about the sunglasses! bet they're more comfortable than an elastic!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Warrior, it's excellent! SO cute!!! Using glasses frames to attach the mask is pure genius. Cool

Reading back, Mary, I agree that the answer to a great t-shirt in cold weather is what you wear under it. Warm camisole (or even long john shirt) next to the skin, then a black turtleneck, then the t-shirt. Should keep you cosy! Very Happy
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:04 pm

The glasses was my sister's idea. Very Happy
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:03 pm

great costume, Warrior
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next