Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

don't forget to set your clocks!

+6
fluffnstuff
fiffur
BobCat
Sue Short
Suzzzz
jeanebellini
10 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

don't forget to set your clocks! - Page 2 Empty Re: don't forget to set your clocks!

Post by Sue Short Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:15 pm

If you can find them get chips for smoking. I'm not talking the standard mesquite or hickery. Try apple, corn cob
even cuttings from various types of grape vines. Merlot, etc.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

don't forget to set your clocks! - Page 2 Empty Re: don't forget to set your clocks!

Post by BobCat Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Hearing this makes me want to out and buy a great big bag of Kingsford in honor of their contribution to DST! C'mon sunlight! sunny
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:54 pm

i was told growing up the times were changed to help the farmers...and back then the times were changed at completely different months. i don't know why Bush screwed around and changed them.

and this weekend..welp, not only does the clock jump ahead but i also have to be at work an hour early (don't know why but i don't care i need the hour!). But its gonna be hard to get my body moving!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:31 pm

Bush thought having more months of DSL would reduce our use of oil........ I hate changing the clocks! My sleeping will be messed up for at least a month. We're only off DSL for 4 months now, how hard would it be to just set it and then never do it again? I am not a morning person either, and I also battle insomnia and hot flashes. I will be a walking zombie for everything next week, including typing, cooking , you name it. Shocked Why couldn't it wait a week until I have a week off for spring break? At least I'd have a week to try to get my act together before going back to work.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:15 pm

That wasn't so bad, now was it? Very Happy
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:40 pm

It was disgusting No
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm still reeling. And it was almost dark when I left the house this morning. I was getting used to it being light already.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:29 pm

I have a theory (and it made for a good blog topic yesterday). I figure that since DST was created to help farmers, and since Wesley and I basically keep farmers' hours, that must be why we like it so much! I make sure to get up early on the Sunday after setting our clocks back so that I'll be tired when bed time rolls around.

And today is so gloomy and rainy that we wouldn't have noticed much of a change in our light/dark ratio this morning anyway.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Of course farmers could schedule their days any way they wanted to. If they want to get up an hour earlier to feed livestock or do chores, no one is going to stop them. Why should the rest of us have to tolerate this nonsense? It's a huge inconvenience for most people; it doesn't save energy; it should be repealed.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:01 pm

I'll second that.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:06 pm

How is this a huge inconvenience??? As God is my witness, I can't imagine why ANYONE would not like this! It's 6:00 and the sun is still hgh in the sky, birds are singing, and I got to see my first crocus bloom! This is truly wonderful! I love you
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:23 pm

ROTFL Okay Scarlett. Some of us are not in to getting up when it's dark. I've had jobs where I've had to
work nights, get up in the middle of the night. So I want my mornings to have a little light to see. It used to be
you got up with the sun and went to bed with the sun. With the advent of artifical lighting was when things started to
change, and yes candle light etc is considered artifical light. Yes, I know the ancients had some form of artifical lighting but
it was expensive but think about it they had to burn animal fats (((((EWWWWW)))) or oils which were hard to come by.

(Gone With the Wind--"As God is my witness I will not go hungry again." Scarlett O'Hara"
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:58 pm

In the last 20+ years, I've worked the vast majority of the time like the farmers, who can really not adjust their hours any way they want, just so you sleepyheads can roll over and hit the snooze until its light out. There are chores that have to get done before the heat of the day sets in. I started this early shift work when I worked for landscaping companies.

Scarlett Razz
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:12 pm

Okay, she says chuckling.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:30 am

I live in a rural area, and teach at the local high school. DST is actually a huge inconvenience to many of my farming students, who now must do their chores in the dark, while wishing they had just a little heat to chase away the below freezing temps they're dealing with, since school here starts before 8:00 A.M. Luckily most of them have rural electric and yard lights so that they can do their work before the sun rises. I wouldn't mind waiting an extra two months to see the sun at 6:00 at night if I could see it at 6:00 in the morning instead.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:13 pm

I just hate the zombielike feeling of tired I have for at least a week after we mess with the clocks.......I was so tired yesterday I gave up fighting with the computer to come in here. I even went to bed really early too, just couldn't keep my eyes open. Then I toss n turn half the night cause I keep waking up.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:51 pm

By the end of the first week in April, we'll be back to having sunrise before 6:30 AM. It's no worse than it was at the beginning of March, prior to DST.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:54 am

but I'm used to dawn peeking through at 6Am and right now we are back to almostdark when I leave the house at 6:30-7Am. pooh
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:12 pm

I can't say that I like that either, LK. I just don't dislike it as much as I like the extra evening hour! sunny
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Had to reset all my clocks--again--because of the power outage. As if once wasn't enough........
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Well I'm lucky everything but the microwave in the Lair resets automatically.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Unfortunately, nothing in my place resets itself. Same for my mom's place. That outage messed up Brads tv cable box, and as of last night it still wasn't fixed yet. Waiting on his brother to get it done...........wish it wasn't a felony to kick his ass to get him off it and get it done.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:13 pm

I have heard on the news in the past few days about changing the clocks tonight.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:04 pm

thanks for the reminder Fluf. I completely forgot about it.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:11 pm

I didn't, I get my hours sleep back.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next