Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

don't forget to set your clocks!

+6
fluffnstuff
fiffur
BobCat
Sue Short
Suzzzz
jeanebellini
10 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

don't forget to set your clocks! - Page 4 Empty Re: don't forget to set your clocks!

Post by lovekitties Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:40 pm

well, silly me first turned the clocks back. what was I thinking LOL. then I had to turn them ahead 2 hrs and felt cheated, like I was losing 2 hours instead of one.
ended up taking a nap on sunday so lost all my productivity for that day, and still felt tired going to wortk today.
And I Missed it being light when I left the house, and the dawn chorus cheering me on my way to the subway. Trouble is it's still dark when i get home as I usually end up getting home around 8:30 9PM
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

don't forget to set your clocks! - Page 4 Empty Re: don't forget to set your clocks!

Post by fiffur Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:41 pm

I had to dig out my improvised headlight for the bike yesterday it was so dark out. Found out why too: it started misting then raining just as soon as I arrived at my work space. I do like the sunshine later in the day though. Wish they'd just leave the clocks where they are now and not mess with them again in the fall. I was so tired I napped part of Sunday and yesterday away. Shocked
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:06 pm

I think both my human and furry family are a bit thrown off by the time change. They were all ramming around at 3:00 this morning for no particular reason...
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:47 pm

I hear you. My day is totally thrown off.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm noticing sleepiness during the day and wakefulness at night. The kitties are oblivious.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:31 pm

We're all back on schedule now.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:33 pm

We're not.......I'm still in tired mode in the morning and Bij's stomach clock is still way off.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:24 pm

I spoke too soon. Wesley and the dogs were up rumbling around again during the night. I don't know if it's pre-vacation jitters or remnants of the time change.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:09 pm

I was so happy when it was light i the morning when I left the house, and now it's dark again, and I'm missing the dawn chorus. I have noticed it getting a little light in the east so hopefully by next week it will at least be dawn when i leave
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 pm

My sleeping is still messed up......
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:27 am

It's this weekend.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:21 pm

Boooooo.... Love DST!!!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:48 pm

grump... grumble...
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:53 am

Bliss. an extra hour to shleep!
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Thank heavens for that! I've been soooo tired lately and not wanting to get up for work. Just doesn't seem time to get up when it's still pitch dark outside.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:15 pm

I perpetually do not get enough hurs of sleep. The one day of extra sleep time is welcome, but in the long run,nit's just a pain to readjust to our regular schedules fir what seems like no practical reason.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:44 pm

I'd rather have the hour of daylight in the morning than at night. DST is an unnecessary and annoying practice.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:18 pm

gbste wrote:I'd rather have the hour of daylight in the morning than at night.  DST is an unnecessary and annoying practice.
And I feel exactly the opposite, gbste!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:55 am

I'll take in the morning too. Antonio and I got our favorite sunspots
back:sunny: 
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:58 am

it was nice leaving the house in the daylight this morning, though it was still almost dark when I got up.
had a hard time adjusting. I slept til one ocleock yesterday afternoon, then couldn't sleep from 2:30 on this morning
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:44 pm

I'm really tired since it gets dark so early. I don't really care when the daylight happens. I just wish we didn't have to mess around with time. It takes at least a week to adjust for me. Makes me grouchy.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:47 pm

I don't have a problem with the fall back, it's the spring forward
that kills me.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:14 pm

I feel like it's midnight and it's only 9 PM. Sigh. Short days.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:59 am

I guess I'm in the minority, liking my extra hour in the evening. Ironic that I'm also looking at moving to AZ, a place where they don't have DST, isn't it? I think I like DST mainly because I work such an early shift. I am always already at work before sunup, no matter if we're on DST or Standard Time.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 pm

I like my hour in the evening too, when I can enjoy it instead of wasting it at work.
I get so tired when it gets dark out. Feels much later than it really is and this time change has us all out of sorts. Even Bij's internal clock is off.
My alarm clock reset itself A DAY EARLY! Didn't know it could do that but thank heavens I had nowhere to go that early on Saturday. Would've been a pain on a workday.....too early to go to work but not enough time to do anything of real importance at home before I had to leave either.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next