Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comic Con 2011

+2
lovekitties
Magdalene
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Comic Con 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Comic Con 2011

Post by Magdalene Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:50 pm

They jus announced the cast of Haven! Pretty psyched about that---about as psyched as I was for Torchwood!!!!
Magdalene
Magdalene
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:48 pm

i can vouch for mags..she's VERY psyched.....i'm still trying to find something to get excited about..but i think going to check out Haven to see what its about (since its based on a King short story i know if i had sy fy i'd probably be watching it anyway).
i'm tryin gto psych myself up to not freak out about this whole four day weekend. i have to work myself up to even get up and get on the bus to go into nyc.....esh....sometimes i think i've got agoraphobia cuz i've been trapped in a 3 mile area for so long!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:15 pm

another year's over and a new one coming in about 360 days;) time to start saving those pennies again!
got a LOT of sketches this year...i need to find a place where i can load them for others to see (bob do you have any suggestions?)
had a great time with Mags and her friend Erin:)...never did see LK, hope you had fun though!
otherwise.....check out the avatar over there..>>>>
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:02 pm

I only got in of Friday. My foot was scraming at me and I could hardly walk on Saturday.
I met mags on the bus going to the con, and we split up when she was going to the line for haven

Mags, did you find out when the Person of Interest screeningwas going to be and did you go?

I really didn't see much of the con this year, picked up about 10 books, some signed. but the crowds were really bad, and my foot was hurting

did either of you see Bill Amend on Sunday? Did he sign any Foxtrots?
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:47 pm

oh gawd...don't even mention that Foxtrot to me....its a long story. but Mags got a sketch...i didn't even see the dude's face though.

i didn't see a single book booth giving books away ...even the signings i saw they wanted you to buy the book..or else it was something i had no interest in. i decided not to bring home stuff that would just here this year..i've still got books for three years ago i want to read. what books did ya get LK? my three were two SW that are going to be sent to someone and one from the table next to them that i don't know the title of.

Mags got to see Haven(I hope she comes in and tells ya all about it:) ) .. Person of Interest wound up being just showing next week's episode ahead of time. I had the option to see that or be at the Doctor Who gathering so i took that (which was a mess....too many folks cramped up in a pile and someone trying to direct them...couldn't understand what was going on but hope to find some pics from it. i went to the Who store instead and met Ian).

\there was a post from one of the official Doctor Who things i get on FB today that Matt is going to be on Craig Ferguson tonight...i hope he wasn't in the states this weekend and didn't go to NYCC...that would be a big let down (and a fatal miss from the con folks).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:58 pm

I have to check out the books. There were a couple of Star Wars I wanted but didn't get in to get them.
Tor was doing signings, but they also had some table copies of other books for people to take. I got an Ender book, I'll have to get the exact title. If it's one you don't have I can give it to you.
I guess there was a big crowd for Bill Amend, huh?
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:08 pm

i got two sw books...when i get into my bag of stuff i'll write down the titles and see if they're the ones you're missing. there were st books i would have liked to get but they weren't giving those away and i'm not buying st unless its either a writer i enjoy or a subject i really like (I'll read anything that has Data as the main character..or anything written by Peter David of course!)

i don't know how long the line was for the Foxtrot guy....the lines were insane and i got out of that line. i stood outside the lines at the table where they were taking pics of Mark Hamil and some Buffy people and...i think a firefly guy (you know the guy mags...the one i could never remember cuz when i heard his name it reminded me of the lady who makes clothes and perfume...mcclintock i think..eddie?)....anyway...it was pretty fun over there cuz they were all Whovians and wound up getting some of my Team TARDIS buttons;)

keep forgetting....i saw the cutest service dog while i was hanging out there..let me see if i can load the pic in here...[img]Comic Con 2011 - Page 2 100_0131[/img] he was pretty good but his glasses kept falling off ..what do ya expect when your ears hang low;)

mini 11 seems perplexed why he wound up in my little TARDIS con bag but didn't get any of the jammie dodgers or swedish fish(no custard)
Comic Con 2011 - Page 2 000_0001

here is an amy (mom) 11 (dad) and little black dalek (no..that's NOT a racial statement!) i crossed paths with a few times...
Comic Con 2011 - Page 2 100_0132-1

this River runs a geeky brooklyn bakery (and has a degree in the culinary arts!) ...her TARDIS cookies were almost as tasty as a jammie dodger;)
Comic Con 2011 - Page 2 100_0126

this old dude (er..i mean.. the first Doctor) insisted on sketching me...and his pencil didn't even fall to dust when i was doing it!
Comic Con 2011 - Page 2 100_0125

this was one of the better looking 10s...and actually stop to chat (he's friends with his original...the picture above)
Comic Con 2011 - Page 2 100_0127
and this chick was going around hugging Doctors on Sun yelling "grandfather!" Wink (and yeah..there's a story behind it)
Comic Con 2011 - Page 2 DoctorwhotheYarnyTARDISbackpackandmeatNYCC10162011
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:25 pm

I wish I could have went to the Con.

That dog in costume is so cute!
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:15 pm

there were a few places where you could actually stop and talk and take pics...otherwise most of it was madness!
Chrissie if you ever want to go to the con i'd say go early as possible on Fri. it was bad this year but not nearly as bad as Sat or Sun. (*used to be Sun after around 1;00 it calmed down cuz people would take their little kids home and it would thin out enough to actually look at stuff!)
Bet your sister would like artist alley though...so many different artists with so many different topics and styles. i've started fillming my medium size sketch book with Doctor Who art but i've bought some nice prints of other things as well. pretty reasonable as well! some folks (a few folks) do free sketches, most charge. but i've never gotten a bad sketch with the ones i've bought. and its nice to have something that doesn't take up extra room down here;)

hmm....i think i might have to ask our resident artist if he could draw a Doctor or two for me;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:28 pm

your Tardis bag came out very well, Jeane.
When I found out the autographs for mark Hamill were $100 a pop I deceided not even to go neat there. I have several autographs from him that I got for free when I stood outside the stage doors at various broadway plays he was in. Got a PICTURE OF THE TWO OF US, HAD IT BLOWN UP AND THEN HE SIGNED IT ANOTHER TIME.
thats how to get autographs. Very Happy
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:42 pm

yeah ti was nuts...there was a woman who was throwing an absolute fit on Sat morning because they didn't sell tickets for it online (big mistake if they did cuz they would just get bootlegged like the con tickets did!). this wasn't a kid this was a woman in his late 50s or so..esh! for $200 i coulda met,had pics taken and gotten stuff signed and spent the whole evening in a group with Stan Lee and that money would have gone to charity.
as much as i think of Stan i don't think i would have done that.
now $100 for Tennant and Smith together...that i might go without food for a week for;) though i'd much rather they each do a show over on this side of the lake so i could see them! (my luck, i'd move away from the east coast and then they would do that!)

i'm happy with my sketches..i got something cool (that takes up no extra space!) and i helped an artist put some food on the table or pay the electric bill etc!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:56 pm

not that I don't like Mark hamill (he was my favorite when the movies came out) but I don't think he's that big a STAR to merit that kind ot money for an autograph.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:15 pm

esp not now....its not like he's still making big movies like a tom hanks or harrison ford etc. gawd, i got my picture taken with a knight and got several things signed and all i cost me was the cost of the picture! i'm pretty sure that David Tennant at the convention across the lake charged that much to have a picture taken. i can't remember exactly how much it was ...something like 35pounds?(gawd i miss having an alt key that gave me the british sign for money!)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:30 pm

I miss the good old days when most of the actors signed for nothing. If you didn't have a picture you could buy one, but otherwise they were mostly free.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:29 pm

that's what i did with ian..you bought a pic and got it signed..but he also signed something i was just showing him for fun! the only thing i regret is not taking a pic with myself and the tea dalek...could have done something fun like give him a whole pack of jammie dodgers;)

i like getting sketches from artists selling their sketchbooks...you get a sketch AND you get to see their other work. and the sketch is free! (I even got two free prints plus two free sketches from one guy!)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Magdalene Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:37 pm

Bill Amend wasn't as nuts as James Marsters (the Buffy guy). He drew me a picture of Roger Fox asleep with his coffee cup, and signed the Foxtrot strip in that morning's Washington Post....It was a fun time! And he signed a lot of books for people. His panel was really good the night before, too!

Haven was AWESOME!!!!!! Met the cast, got a poster signed by Lucas Bryant and Emily Rose, and got a picture taken with Eric Balfour. It was so cool!!!!

Michael Emerson taped a short intro directed to the Comic Con crowd before they showed the episode...when the CBS person took the mike to announce it, I yelled "Flashpoint", which caught the attention of the girl sitting next to me---she is a blogger from Toronto, so we talked about some Canadian shows I love....all in all, a great con!!!!
Magdalene
Magdalene
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:23 pm

i didn't know that mike did that special intro......musta been like what david t did for fright night for SDCC. i saw thought he (mike emerson) was going to be there. (I think i was runnig around collecting WHo sketches when that was going on).
I'm hoping next yeari find some panels to go to....i really don't feel like i did much this year. i had a great time hanging with mags and erin, but when it comes to the con i didn't do much except get sketches and try to find a decent looking 11! (didn't find a single one! too many chicks and chubby dudes who think they look like 11...esh!)

mags...have you wore your Plympton shirt yet??
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:40 pm

next year I hope I won't be plagued with foot problems and can actually do some walking. and hang around more with you guys
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:40 pm

well this year i did a lot of standing around outside the IGN(or is it ING?).....too bad there weren't chairs out there, you coulda hung out with me there;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:00 pm

I was in such pain the only day I went I left early. could hardly walk much less stand
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:59 pm

bumping this up, even though it reads 2011, NY Comic Con 2012 is in 2 weeks, Loads of guests I'm psyched about, and I know Mags is too, also.
Just found our Patrick will be there on Sunday the 14th promoting Monster's Monster at hatchett Little Brown
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:16 pm

yeah and i'm bound and determined NOT to be put in the hospital until its over with...wish patrick had been there on Fri instead..i o=coulda gotten all my stuff done on Fri and gone in on Sat if need be.
i hope i don't scare him when i see him though.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:01 pm

I was going to email you to see if you are still going, Jeane. I'm glad you will be there. We have to try to get together at the con
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:51 pm

as mags said that there isn't anything about Patrick signing at hatchette/Little Brown on Sunday I checked into the site. I only assumed that that was when he woul be signing as he has done that with his Little brown books before.
However Patrick is listed as a literary guest, and I did see that there will be a hatchette Author Spotlight on Friday from 6PM to 6:45 on the Unbound Stage, so maybe he will be there, and maybe he will or wont' be signing on Sunday.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:13 pm

lovekitties wrote:as mags said that there isn't anything about Patrick signing at hatchette/Little Brown on Sunday I checked into the site. I only assumed that that was when he woul be signing as he has done that with his Little brown books before.
However Patrick is listed as a literary guest, and I did see that there will be a hatchette Author Spotlight on Friday from 6PM to 6:45 on the Unbound Stage, so maybe he will be there, and maybe he will or wont' be signing on Sunday.

Further to the above, I went back to the nycc site and checked both the Hatchette author spotlight. It just says "one of our favorite authors" and the literary guest sight where patrick is shown under special guests and it says he is appearing Sunday. but not where so your guess is as good as mine
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next