Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

+10
fiffur
gbste
bpaquet
Suzzzz
BobCat
jeanebellini
WarriorNY
fluffnstuff
Sue Short
jimkr2t
14 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:52 pm

oh mon dieu...i bet those dog bodies are even hotter than one kitty body! (they've got longer fur! ....or do they get a trim for the summer?)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by BobCat Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Those doggie bodies are plenty warm. No, we don't get them trimmed, other than their feet and a little bit on their undersides. Cats, dogs - they're all pretty warm. It's GREAT in the winter, but not so much when it's 95°...
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:53 pm

I hear there. Antonio napped with me and I woke up and furry.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:33 pm

Oh Jim, you've been a Cat Daddy for eons, and I shouldn't try to teach my Grandmother to suck eggs! I know you and Tat will work everything out. Any "advice" I give, I expect to be taken for what it's worth (i.e. exactly what you paid for it Razz ).

And here I go again: I'd still caution you against your own imagination. Maybe Tat's former owners punished her for getting on the bed. If they did, they should be taken out and shot! Maybe there was a crying baby or a jealous old dog on the bed most of the time and Tat learned to avoid it. Maybe it's much worse than anything we can imagine. Or maybe it's just that she's not interested, happier finding her own spots. My point is, you can't know and, if you try to guess, it might come between you as you try to comfort or compensate for somthing that never happened. And ultimately, you know, it doesn't matter. All you and Tat have to do is go forward from now.

Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi, Dona Suzzz, Meowmy says that you are spot on. Speaking of spots, I have found a neat
place on the floor in front of the fan. How have you been Tat? Have you found all the neat cold
spots at your house? Tonio
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:52 am

All of my kitties avoid the bed in the summer. They prefer the floor or the pedestal sink in the bathroom. Archimedes used to go to sinks all summer long. I guess they were like a nice, cool cuddlebed. Gateway has been parking himself on the back of the recliner or on top of the entertainment center. No tellin' with those kitties. All I know is that everything fits to plan in their kitty worlds.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:39 am

Tat's talk - Oh, it sounds like caddy started a very interesting topic - meomys, caddys, and "fellow felines cat " have all joined in on the subject of where I - little Tat!! sleep. Well, I DO have some favorite places - up on the second floor (not REAL close to caddy's sleep room (but NEAR enough), down on the first floor in the dining room (on carpeted floor), in the kitchen up on the shelf near the window, and , FINALLY, up on the box - just a scrap cardboard box from the UPS (is that like mailmen ??) that caddy cut with holes so I could run, and hide, and nap, but I like to camp on TOP! The weather has been VERY, VERY hot, so after caddy and I have played with Dona fiffur's mousie's for a while, it's time to sleep. Oh yeah, and I do climb up on caddy's lap for a quick sleep, too.

Bye for now, Tat cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:59 am

I am so glad it isn't so hot you aren't interested in playing a bit with those schmice I sent. If your Caddy has a fan going by the bed you might find it a bit cooler on there in the breeze it makes.

Bij has his favorite napping spots too: my lap, mom's belly or chest on the couch, the cuddlebed near the AC, the bathroom tile floor (which is quite cool in the summer), or the end of the couch in front of the fan by the AC when he feels especially warm.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Caddy Jim's session - I had some pictures - not of SLEEPING, but you can get the idea. First, the shelf in the kitchen:
Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 8 Cats204k
Tat likes to park herself there so she can watch the squirrleys outside. Then, there was the box from UPS. THAT was something! I've got to go to the pet store to see if they have something more durable that has a flat top so Tat can sleep on top.
Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 8 Cats202d6
Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 8 Cats202d7

Isn't it amazing how cats can have fun or get comfortable with the simple things in life! lol!

Jim study
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:17 pm

I presume those pics will get emailed to me? **hint,hint**
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:38 pm

You can make a good 2 level cat bed from a Rubbermaid style tote. Cut a hole in the tote for the kitty to go in and out. You can put towels or other comfies in there to make it homey. On the top, you can cut a piece of foam to the size of the top, then cover that with a piece of fabric or another towel, then tuck the edges of the fabric around the lid and snap it onto the box. All the bedding is washable, and the kitty can lounge on top or in the hidey hole. There are illustrated instructions for this somewhere on the Best Friends site, but they've "improved" that site to the point where I can't find stuff on it anymore. Someone more adept at internet tech might be able to find it, though.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:41 pm

Oh shoot - I forgot fiffur - I'll go over to the email page right away and sent them your way!!

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:27 pm

CHUCKLE!!! That they can. Tonio is so funny, Sometimes when I nap on the couch
he will sprawl all over me like he does the back or the arm of the couch.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:19 pm

the rubbermaid tote thing is a good idea! there are some around nobe's condo and all the kitties like to lay on them. i bet if you got crafty enough, had the right cutting tool you could make a kitty hide out from one.
as for cardboard...i know someplace i saw a pattern to make a thing similar to what you already have. its just cardboard boxes and maybe duct tape. you can get really creative with cardboard boxes (use different pieces to make them sturdier etc)and its environmentally friendly!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Hoo, our humans do make a lot of fuss over nothing, don't they, Tat? But they mean well, bless their little hearts. I love you

I'm looking at the pics your Caddy sent. You go, girl! You've got some great spots! That box looks nice and comfy. My Ma only has them flipped over and open so I can get in 'em. That's fun and sometimes nappy, but I never saw one that was a bed before. Very nice. The best, though, is your perch by the window. There's nothing finer than a place to chill and look out the window. I have spots like that at several windows here, but it took Ma years to set them all up. Your Caddy had yours all ready for you. The man knows his cats.

BTW, sister, you have a beautiful tail. Who does your hair? I am a gorgeous cat myself, as I may have mentioned, but I always keep my hair short and never attempted to go for the luxury look. You wear it well! cat

Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:57 am

LOVED the pics Jim. Tat looks quite comfy on the cardboard box bed, and her window perch is to be envied. Very Happy
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:42 pm

How are you and Tat doing?
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Caddy Jim's ramblings - OK, time for some detective work by all of you! I received a Father's Day card (specially designed for cats - amazing how Hallmark designs these things! Idea ) in the mail yesterday from Tat - now I know that she can't write (that IS true, right? Question ) so I'm wondering just WHO wrote to card for her. Now, my usual guess was a good friend I have down here in SNJ - BUT it wasn't addressed in her handwriting - AND the card was sent to "Jim Caddy Vecchiola" and the "Caddy" thing was something I hadn't told her about - also the shelter is not a choice since they didn't know about the "Caddy" thing scratch - OK, look at THE RETURN ADDRESS dummy! Well, it was Tat's address - NATURALLY! geek Ah Ha - Look at the POSTMARK - What a Face - it says "NNJ - METRO P&DC 076" - well, that's not as much as finding out the ZIP CODE, but it does say FROM NNJ - and, while I do have friends in NNJ, I don't think they know about "Caddy" - SO - WHO, from the Mutts Forum - in NNJ - might be the one? Twisted Evil I have some thoughts - but let's see if anyone else has some answers! Very Happy

It was VERY NICE CARD, all in all! Caddy Jim king
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Jeane???? I'm not pointing fingers or anything, but I think she lives in somewhere in NNJ.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:45 pm

fluffnstuff, I'm was thinking the same as you Suspect - jeanne, fess up! devilish Caddy Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:08 pm

Well, it was awfully sweet of "Tat's Little Helper!"
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:17 pm

In the interest of keeping this topic towards the top of the list so she sees it, my guess would be Jeane too Like a Star @ heaven Good luck in your quest to find out Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Very Happy Our Jeane do a sneaky thing like that. NEVER!!!!!!
She says while ROFL!!!!!
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:18 pm

I feel better that I'm not the only one guessing Jean. We may or may not know the mystery person.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Oh, I'm guessing we know her well, whoever she is! cat
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next