Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

+10
fiffur
gbste
bpaquet
Suzzzz
BobCat
jeanebellini
WarriorNY
fluffnstuff
Sue Short
jimkr2t
14 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 26 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by fiffur Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:33 pm

How's Tat and you doing lately Jim? Still praying they got all the cancer.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 26 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by jimkr2t Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:08 am

Hi fif and everyone else,

First off, as far as the prostate cancer - checks every 6 months seem to say "they got it" - ok - BUT, I've still got some after effects - some bright blood in my stools - now that COULD be a sign of hemeroids (sp?) - or after effect of the radiation treatment treatment - or - and this one is the worst - colon cancer. I'm due for a colonoscopy (sp?) in a few weeks, may know more at that time. I'll report then in the "Trouble with People" section. Thanks for caring!

Second - Tat's life. cat Not much new there. She does like boxes - well, actually LIDS - to "hide out" in. I had a large lid that I used when I dropped of some newsletters at the post office. Tat was happy, and even slept in the lid. A friend mentioned that she had a good sturdy lid for Tat to use and she would bring it over. Well, the lid was VERY SMALL - I didn't think kitty would be interested - but, wonder of wonders, Tat's Box (that's what she named it) was IDEAL - cats DO like small hiding spots! Check out her space:

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 26 Cats206p7

Hope that's the proper way to show it.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Caddy Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:31 pm

lol! Reminds me of this photo that I've seen on FB, very large cat in a very small
box. Caption reads something about you and your jeans. It's really cute.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:35 pm

How cute she looks in her lid! They seem to like being in small boxes. I wonder if it's a similar feeling of security that the "Thundershirts" give to dogs of being swaddled. They are used for dogs who are fearful of storms.

I'll check your topic in the "people" forum, but wanted to add here that I'll keep the good health vibes going for you, Jim.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Well Tat, you Rock On We know all about cats in small boxes and cats in big boxes.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Too cute, Tat. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Flower Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:30 am

That is cute! It is even labeled! Smile

Fire Flower
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:31 pm

I wanna see! I wanna see!

So glad you're doing so well Tat. Also happy your caddy is close to getting the 'all clear' report from his doc.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:19 am

Hi fif,

Can't find your email address in my list - don't know what happened - send it to me again and I'll send you some shots of "Tat's Box"'.

Caddy Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:07 pm

Consider it sent......and thanks. Very Happy
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:46 am

Time for some updates on Tat - cat  - Tat has always had an aversion to grooming Evil or Very Mad  - Caddy Jim has to be careful when he "brushes" (take that on what it's worth) the royal Tat's fur. Generally, this has not been a problem - Tat has managed to keep her fur fairly nice, but on occasion - last time about six or nine months ago - EVIL things like MATS appeared. Now, with summer here and a long period of time for HOT HOT weather - mats were back. I live with Tat by myself - the only other person I can call for help is allergic to kitty hair Sad  - two choices remaining - pay good money to a groomer (yuk!) or call on my vet - I chose the vet. They do not have multiple grooming aids - just a razor cut to clear fur from areas they want to work on. I knew this (so did Tat!) and so Friday afternoon I took Tat in for a "visit". She came back with a "clean sweep" around her back haunches - looks bad, but she doesn't seem to mind. Oh well. Anybody out there have any OTHER ways to avoid this exercise every six months or so?  Caddy Jim study  and Tat Soapbox
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:20 am

I wish I could help you out, Jim, but Bob won't even let me brush my own hair without giving him a stroke or two. He sees a brush or comb and come running! I brush him a little bit 3 or 4 times a day easy.

I s there anything you can do to take his mind off of it while you run the brush through a few times? Like a favorite treat?
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:56 am

Wish I could help you out there Jim. Every kitty I've known loved to be combed and brushed. All I have to do is show Bij the comb and he comes a running!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:05 pm

Jim. Tonio does not like to be brushed so I have to use your option. Right now he's got some mats on his tummy. I've been slowly working them out with my fingers when we snuggle. Still the vet is the best option even though pricey.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:43 am

Caddy Jim Coffee  - Actually, for shaving and back claws clipping (can't do those myself, either) came to $30 - not bad every six months.

Caddy Jim - TV Happy  and Tat Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 26 262035787 
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:48 am

Not shabby at all.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:14 pm

Sounds to me like your vet is your best bet, and pretty reasonable money-wise, too. Weezer will NOT let me brush her. My only hope is a good brushing at the vet when she's knocked out for her exam every year.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:52 pm

I agree. I, too, have kitties who do not enjoy the brush. Can't be beat at the price. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:53 pm

You gotta start them out when they're little ones.....and be gentle with the brush (unlike my sis' style) so they like being brushed. But yes, the vet doing it is cheaper than a blood transfusion for you after you attempt it yourself!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:53 pm

Pugsley got mats all the time and he HATED the brush. Pugsley had to be knocked out to get his mats shaved off. Lorien currently has some mats and I was a bit too rough earlier this month when I combed her to get a mat off. Bit to rough meaning I created a bald spot where the mat used to be. I backed off since then. I have tried twice since then and much gentler. Poor Lorien still has mats, but in time, the mats will be gone. The other cats got brushed on occasion and didn't mind it.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:58 am

Caddy Jim - lol!  - It's great to hear that there are LOTS of you that have kitties Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 26 2961591619 Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 26 262035787 Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 26 1873251044  that do not like being brushed Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 26 4293915393 

Tat doesn't have a problem with certain areas - she likes being brushed on the sides and back and CERTAIN AREAS of her bottom, but DO NOT BRUSH HER HAUNCHES!!!!! Soapbox  And that's where the mats show up. It's such fun playing "Keep the comb from THAT area" with her.

Caddy Jim - devilish
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Bijoux plays that same game with me....only it's his belly I can't touch with a ten ft comb!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:28 pm

Bobby might be a little bit that way with his chest, but I think that's because he's trying to get me to move up to his head and cheeks.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:59 pm

Antonio is no touch the kitty tummy fur.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:16 am

Jim, are you and Tat doing?
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next