Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

+10
fiffur
gbste
bpaquet
Suzzzz
BobCat
jeanebellini
WarriorNY
fluffnstuff
Sue Short
jimkr2t
14 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by fiffur Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:54 pm

So those people not check the dates on that stuff Jeane?

Guess the schmice will show up when they show up Jim. Otherwise Santa Paws will have to send a few more for Christmas...........
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by jimkr2t Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:04 am

Hah - Tat has a good selection of mousies - the two (minus one for NOW) from fiffur Lori, the four from her "Aunty Mary" (a close friend who is trying to knit the mousie just right - right size, solid feel so I can throw it a good distance, proper place for Tat to grasp the "body" ) - two remaining from the store-bought mousies. All are kept in the refrig with catnip flavoring - Tat REALLY raises heck every time I open the refrig - she WANTS to PLAY!!!!! Caddy Jim geek

Mousies are FUN - Chases, carrying them back, holding and "scraping" the "bodies", then getting caddy to throw them again!! cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Bijoux puts his head in the fridge and lays his chin on top of the baggie of fresh catnip and purrs......seems he shares a love of catnip with Tat. Does she like fresh catnip?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Tat, try a STRING, STRINGS are awesome.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:23 am

Tat's talks - To answer some questions here on the forum study - I've never tried FRESH CATNIP! flower - caddy only has dried nip. Does the fresh stuff work "wonders" on us cats? devilish Second question - I have wrestled with some "string" - caddy has a length of clothesline - about 2 feet long - I do play with it, but REALLY, c'mon kitties, MOUSIES are the BEST!!! lol!

Tat cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:40 am

Oh yes, fresh catnip has such an alluring smell, much better than dried...........Bij

Of course, you can only get it in the summertime. We were lucky, my sis' garden managed to grow a wild industrial-strength catnip plant this year. We're harvesting what we can and either drying it or freezing some for winter. Bij eats it like a salad, then goes nuts. hehehehehehe
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi Tat. Sounds like you are doing great. Meowmy says that catnip is an herb and that the dried will
be stronger than the fresh. She says when herbs are dried they become stronger. She also says that
after a while they will not be as strong anymore. Tell your Caddy to buy dried nip at least twice a year.
I like the fresh, as long as it is the small leaves. The big leaves have a bitter taste to me. Tonio
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:44 pm

yeahya got to get the stuff that doen't have the stems and things in it;) its hard to pick those tiny little leaves but they are the best:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:45 am

Caddy Jim's tales - OK, it's Monday morning, time for some updates. I've "solved" the problem with Tat's nails - at least the front paws - she was NOT going to let me trim her claws Evil or Very Mad NO WAY was I going to hold her, and pet her, and TRIM......!!!!! pale However, if I wrap her up in a big towel, I can get the front paws trimmed affraid and then I calm her down What a Face with some tartar control treat - Whisker Lickins or Greenies (she REALLY likes those!!!! bounce ) - back paws? ah well Mad - OK, next item - the "retriever exercise" - Tat's doing well even with the new flooring - laminate - in the foyer - I wish I had a movie camera - it's really funny how Tat's back paws skid crazelly for a few moments before she gets it "in gear" in her chase after the mousie! Rock On Final item - I do have to mention the Tat has a small problem - "love" bites!! Rolling Eyes On occasion, when I'm "rubbin' her tummy", she will bite my hand - not agressively, just a "clamp" on my wrist - BUT if I'm not careful - she bites a little HARDER Twisted Evil - I remember seeing a similar item elsewhere in the forum - should I try to stop it? or immediately stop until she's thinking about something else? or just realize that these "love" bites are her way to say "I just wanted to say I love you!" devilish

Caddy Jim study
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:13 am

In my experience, a cat's invitation to "rub my tummy" is almost invariably a trick. They don't want tummy rubs; they want to grab your hand, teeth and claws included. My cat Jerry really wants a belly rub, and can be trusted. With the others, I don't fall for it.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:15 pm

Same with Bijoux, you can only safely rub his belly if he's still standing up.........laying down? Forgetaboutit, you're gonna get bit and clawed.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Tonio doesn't love bite, He BITES!!!, what I do is stop whatever I'm doing, gives him a chance to settle
down. Sometimes I have to walk away from and go sit somewhere else till whatever has riled has settled down. I would
definetly be careful on the tummy rubs.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:36 pm

does she kick when she bites? the Rescue Kitties think i'm playing 'rat' if i do that and they go after me not only with teeth but kangaroo back leg kicks!
whenever any of the kitties bite (usually its Nobe!..and she can gnaw!)or latches out with a claw paw (as opposed to a soft paw;) )i just hold my hand still. if they don't stop i'll take my loose hand and unclamp their jaws. but usually just holding still and not even saying anything makes them stop.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:41 pm

The way you're describing the bite, it sounds more like a warning than anything else. Suspect Really, though, all she's doing is dispaying normal cat behaviour. Most kitties are overly sensitive when it comes to bellies Smile
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:43 pm

Kits are not dogs or alligators. Rubbing their tummies will NOT make them bliss out. It will tell them you are willing to play the death game. If your cat is kind enough to give you fair warning that the death battle is imminent by giving you a gentle bite, heed it. Go very still, wait for the cat to relax, then gently, slowly, extract your hand. If you continue rubbing in any way, you have accepted the challenge and must accept your wounds as your own choice.

So speaks The Weezer.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:48 pm

I would listen to Weezer, the voice of someone who has learned the hard
way.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Tat's tales - Boy, my caddy tries SO hard, but he JUST DOESN'T KNOW, does he? Weezer and Tonio, you guys have hit the nail on the head with a SLEDGEHAMMER! Exclamation Caddy, there are AREAS that you, as a male, CANNOT TOUCH on a female (or male) kitty Exclamation You just can't rub me ANYWHERE affraid without paying the consequences Rock On When your hand is DOWN THERE, expect me to "love bite" - just a warning! Evil or Very Mad Keep going, and my BITE will get HARDER!

I do love you, caddy I love you but just don't try to RUB ME THE WRONG WAY! No Tat cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:18 pm

I back you all 100%. There are just places that kitties hold sacred!

Petie
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Whenever Jack attempts to bite me during a loving session, I stop. Sometimes I will walk away and other times I will stay near him without petting him.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:24 pm

If Bij tries to bite I just withdraw completely until he calms down.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Yes, I heed my Beans' warning too...since there once was a time when she was my foster kitty & I touched her in a "wrongaccordingtoher" place and was hospitalized! affraid
ARNIgal
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:44 pm

Seriously, Arni? Hospitalized?? I've gone through several bouts of antibiotics after Weezer attacks, but it's never been that bad! affraid
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Just a quick update - here in SNJ we also had the earthquake down in Virginia (see another part of the forum) - a few people in the area said that their dogs reacted, I can say that Tat slept through it all!

Caddy Jim confused
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:17 am

Why spoil a good nap?
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:59 pm

We vaguely felt it here, and it disturbed Bij's nap. He raised his head, looked around, then went back to sleep.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next