Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

+10
fiffur
gbste
bpaquet
Suzzzz
BobCat
jeanebellini
WarriorNY
fluffnstuff
Sue Short
jimkr2t
14 posters

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 25 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by fiffur Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:54 am

Same here...........and Bij usually expects me to bring him back a snack as well!
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 25 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by fluffnstuff Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:13 pm

Jim, how are you and Tat doing?
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Yes, inquiring minds want to know.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Oh my - guess I'll say some words to help "inquiring minds"!! Razz I just haven't had much to talk about here - Tat cat is well and, with the colder weather moving in, she waits for the sunny days, then begins the expedition to search out the warm spots in our house. Usually, mornings finds her on the south-facing stairs to the upstairs as the sun shines through the front-door windows. As the sunlight moves, so does Tat. By noontime, she has reached the bottom step, as the sunlight has completed it's "stairway to heaven". Then, after lunch, it's upstairs to a west-facing window, and more sleep! Sleep That takes us to dinner. Tat does some supervision of my cooking, then after chowtime, it's naptime on the livingroom floor. 'Course, this whole thing CAN be changed if Tat decides to curl up on my lap while I'm reading the morning paper - she sleeps, my leg goes to sleep, I cannot move until SHE decides to move - but I LOVE IT Hug !

Next time - have a good one everybody! Caddy Jim study
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Sounds like she has her day all planned out well enough! Very Happy And how are you doing lately? All ready for the holidays?
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Glad to hear that Tat is well and is following the sun puddles as any good cat will do.
Any current snaps of her.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Many purrs to you, sister. Glad you're well! Sounds like you've got your domain properly mapped out for sunspots and laps, and it sounds like your Caddy Training is in tip top shape. My Ma is in good form on the dead leg thing, but she still occasionally insists on disturbing me to go to the showerrain room. All she does is sit there for a minute, but we were already sitting before! These humans certainly do have their quirks, don't they? scratch Anyway, it's good to see you and your Caddy. Hope he's well, too!

~Weezer cat

Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Forgot to mention another exercise that Tat likes! We go to the foyer by the front door - has laminate woodlike flooring - I throw one of the mousies - like the ones that fiffur gave Tat Very Happy - she chases the mousie all over, with the floor especially slippery, like ice - but SOMETIMES, Tat will jump into the air, seems like several feet vertically, trying to catch the mousie - then she waits until I go over, pick it up, and start the game all over again - EXCELLENT EXCERCISE!! Then she curls up in the corner and gets some well needed rest.

Unfortunately, I can't get a good picture 'cause it's only Tat and Caddy - no one else to snap-snap, but it is fun!

Caddy Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Sounds like a fun game.....and good practice for catching those pesky flies that manage to get in the house next summer!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Does sound like fun. Antonio and I hold cat races.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Those slick floors are the best! I have shmousies in the carpet hall upstairs, but the kitchen and baffroom floors make the toys really skitter! cyclops

cat
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:47 pm

We have cat races too....and the occasional airial mouse catch!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Jim, how are you and Tat doing?
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi fluffnstuff and all the rest of the forum viewers! Yes, it's been a while since Caddy Jim afro and Tat cat have been on these pages (but remember, we've been here everyday, just reading study and "watching" TV Happy ) - it's that we've don't have anything NEW to pass on to you - no funny stories, no animal facts Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 25 4053016357 (oh wait, we do have a bunch - about five - of deer come by once or twice a week to munch on the surviving plants) - really, not much! Tat gets some exercise with the fiffur mousie, and once in a while, she settles in my lap for a nice rest.....

Hey, I guess THAT'S what makes being owned by a cat so NICE - lol!

Take care everyone - Tat Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 25 3625377276 and Caddy Jim study Coffee

jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Hello, Tat and Caddy Jim. It's been a while. Glad things are going well and you're enjoying your cold time as much as possible. Very Happy
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:11 pm

hi, y'all glad your doing well and haven't fallen off the face of the
earth. Don't be such strangers.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:57 pm

Good to hear from you again Jim and Tat! Glad you're putting winter to good use...great time to snuggle and hibernate. Very Happy
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Hey, while I've got all of your attention - :soapbos: - I have a question - study - Tat has a funny feature in her behavior, especially when she's curled up in the sun, almost asleep - Sleep - when I reach down and scratch her, actually not "scratch", but "rubbing" - on her belly, she reaches out with her two front paws, ALTERNATING and KNEADING, one paw stretched and spread out and the other curled back. Then, she changes her paws with the other one kneading, etc. I think this is called "Kneading", but I'm not sure. It seems to be a "baby kitten" reaction to the days when she was feeding on mama's teats.

Am I right when I call this kneading? Or is there another name? You other cats, do you do this, too? And I wonder about pups, do they do kneading themselves?

I've started off a new debate?? Caddy Jim afro
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:59 pm

I've always called it 'kneading' though I've heard lots of different descriptions, including 'happy paws,' but it seems to be a self-comforting excercise that cats do. All my cats have had their own idiosyncrasies; Ruby had quick happy paws, and Blue had these looooonnnnngg, languishing strokes, where he would stretch each leg all the way to his toenails. That could be quite painful for the lap he was sitting on. affraid What a Face I even had one cat, Winston, who would almost go into a trance, and he would occasionally drool a little. Bobby is a regular kneader - nothing too painful.

I've heard that it's a throwback to kittenhood, but who knows what lurks in our felines' minds. Not me! Oh, and I've never seen a dog do it. It's a cat thing.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Some folks call this behavior "making biscuits." When my cat Barry was a kitten, he would combine this with "wool sucking." He would hold fleecy blankets in his mouth, all the while kneading and walking around in a circle. When he was done the blanket would look like soft serve ice cream. Before we actually saw him in action, we had no idea why the fleece blanket at the end of our bed would have this strange appearance.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Tortie does something similar when she gets in my dad's lap, but she does on my dad's legs. We always called it kneading.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:36 pm

So did we when Fiffur would do that.... sometimes he'd knead so hard you'd swear he would wear a hole in your leg! Bijoux tries but mom won't let him. Bij never has tried to knead me, just her. Definitely a throwback to kittenhood when they felt safe and loved with their momma.
I consider being kneaded by a cat a compliment!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:36 pm

fiffur wrote:I consider being kneaded by a cat a compliment!

When Blue would do it it was a very pointy compliment! What a Face But I'd go back in a minute if I could...I miss those pointy compliments. Sad
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:36 pm

I call them starfish paws. Antonio does them when we cuddle, he will even make sucking contented noises.
He also starts his hum at the same time.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:11 pm

For some reason, GK thinks it's reserved solely for tearing up the furniture. Suspect
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next