Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOVE THE SCROLL WITH THE LIVE CHAT ALERT!

+2
BobCat
lovekitties
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LOVE THE SCROLL WITH THE LIVE CHAT ALERT! Empty LOVE THE SCROLL WITH THE LIVE CHAT ALERT!

Post by lovekitties Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Is this something new. I love it. Important alert right there so you can't miss it!!!
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

LOVE THE SCROLL WITH THE LIVE CHAT ALERT! Empty Re: LOVE THE SCROLL WITH THE LIVE CHAT ALERT!

Post by BobCat Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Yay! I'm glad you like it. I found that option in poking around after seeing the announcement on Facebook, and thought I'd try it out here. At first I was going to simply post about it, but this is a bigger, bolder reminder!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

LOVE THE SCROLL WITH THE LIVE CHAT ALERT! Empty Re: LOVE THE SCROLL WITH THE LIVE CHAT ALERT!

Post by Sue Short Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:29 pm

Cool Cool
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:44 pm

I like the way it's up there where it can't be missed. Wished I could access the chat but the library blocks those sites. Still, for those who can they can't say they didn't know about it!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Hopefully it won't be busy here at the office and I can sneak a look, especially since my IT guy finally gave me speakers for my computer.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:32 am

Unfortunately, 4:00 EDT is 3:00 CDT, and that's when I get off work and drive for 30-40 minutes home. I'll scurry home quick as possible and try to catch the last half.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:06 pm

i didn't see this in here so i put something about it in the Mutts thread in case people dind't see the scroll...though i don't know how anybody could miss it:) I saw it the first day and loved it:)

i'm off three days this week but i have to work on Thurs..esh! I'm supposed to get out early..have to hit the thrift shop if i do BUT if i hussle and don't hang around the grocery store or trader joe's i should be home before 4:00. i have something i want to ask but i need to find the book i saw it in to be specific.
i'm wondering if he will have a ghost typist or if he will be doing it himself;) i'm so happy and proud of patrick for getting into the net stuff:) remember a few years ago when he couldn't even get on the computer without karen's help?
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:32 pm

there were a few of us there this afternoon but i don't know what happened. patrick (or whoever was doing the computer stuff for him) just sort of stopped after about half a dozen replies. don't know if there was a bug in the chat thing or if something else happened.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:49 pm

I tried to get in but couldn't find it. I was also distracted because technically I was at work, and my boss is directly on the other side of the partition.

So anything learned?
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:11 pm

it was really confusing. i went to the homepage and then there was a page for the chat and then i was on a page that apparently was just one thread in the chat. either FB needs to set up an actual chat area or we need to see if we can invite Patrick in here to chat cuz our chat is actually set up like a regular chat!
i don't think he saw anhyting i posted and i was jumping all over the place and commenting and refreshing like crazy!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:47 pm

that's disappointing. Did anyone ever do a chat here?
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:31 pm

lovekitties wrote:that's disappointing. Did anyone ever do a chat here?
No, but I've done them on other boards like this. They work far better than the Facebook one, but then again, they didn't use a chat function - they just posted on his wall while he was online so he could respond. I found it a bit disappointing too, but maybe next month they will make it a bit easier.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:09 pm

yeah....if there could be a place at the top of the FB page that says something like "the chat will be here on the Mutts FB homepage, please post a question for patrick to answer in (whatever thread that will be set up just before the chat starts)' or something like that.
maybe it was overwelming having questions coming in on different threads or something.
there has to be a simplier way to do it!
and if we ever want to set up a test chat in here just put it in the scroll;) i'm on the net a couple hours every evening so i'd be willing to start it if anyone wants to try some night;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:48 pm

I read at the mutts website that you have to officially LIKE mutts to partipate in the chats. Since I can't access Facebook I'll never get to go in there........
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:07 pm

yeah i guess you have to like a site to be able to go in and post threads etc. i'm still having a hard time trying to figure out how to put pictures in things like the Mutts fb page. sometimes that place is easy to navigate and sometimes its like you have to be in secret society to understand it!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:13 pm

For some reason, the scrolling announcements aren't displaying the same as they had in the past. Anyway, there is a Facebook chat this Thursday again, so think about your questions!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:22 pm

I saw the scroll earlier and then it disappeared.
I hope this weeks chat goes better than the last one.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm having trouble posting it in the same spot I did last time. Hopefully you all can see it where I posted it this time - under the "Welcome to our Forum" sign.

Editing to say - FIXED!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:00 pm

I see it! Good work, Mary. You're becoming quite the web wizard. Cool
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Suzzzz wrote:I see it! Good work, Mary. You're becoming quite the web wizard. Cool

Thanks - I'm doing my best!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:36 am

Notice - the date is now NEXT Thursday, not tomorrow.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:05 pm

I see it, Well done.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Cranky??????? never ROTFL
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:46 pm

lovekitties wrote:Cranky??????? never ROTFL

devilish I could say I come by it honestly, since my zodiac sign is the CRAB!
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:58 pm

and who's your favorite Mutts character?
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next