Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You know it's spring when........

+7
BobCat
lovekitties
Sue Short
fluffnstuff
jimkr2t
Suzzzz
fiffur
11 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

You know it's spring when........ - Page 5 Empty Re: You know it's spring when........

Post by fiffur Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:30 pm

You know it's spring when......you have to do your taxes. My mom wrote the following in 1990 in the middle of the night (she woke up from a sound sleep with this running through her head) and I typed it up as is....no changes. And it seems relevant even today. Enjoy!

Congress and House of Non-Representatives
1600 Palace Park
Washington, DC 90029
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTENTION TAXPAYER

Dear Citizen,
It has come to our attention that you have ceased to pay taxes. This is a matter we cannot stand for. Just because you lost your job, ran out of unemployment benefits, and cannot find a new job anywhere is no concern of ours.

We have high standards here in Washington, and we also have expensive expense accounts. Do not apply for any kind of aid at this time. We are making budget cuts in those areas. We may not be able to balance the budget, but we still deserve our pay raises. That is the "American Way." So please get off your duff and sell some of those needless items you have around the home. Send the money to Washington immediately. Even though we are on vacation fifty weeks a year, you can be happily assured your tax dollars are working well in Washington.

Please say the check's in the mail. And always remember: Keep American Clean and Beautiful. Stay off the streets and sleep under a bridge.

Respond quickly,
P.W. Hogwash
Bleed M. Dry

Q.T.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

You know it's spring when........ - Page 5 Empty Re: You know it's spring when........

Post by Sue Short Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:08 am

That's great Fif.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:23 pm

If you like that one you'd love her letter titled Dear Other Woman......it's a scream!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Your pony is sprinkled with BIRD POO! affraid

Envoy was sporting splatters as if he were a clean car. Funny thing is that he is neither clean nor a car. Laughing
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:36 pm

LOL!!! Poor guy.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:42 pm

Poor Envoy! Guess that bird had bad aim.....was probably aiming at someones' car and got Envoy instead.

I SAW A ROBIN THIS MORNING!!!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:46 pm

Joysanna is starting the garden. She putters in it during the winter but
she is really starting to crank up.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:03 pm

I bought packs of radish, lettuce, and spinach seeds. Gardening, here we come!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:33 pm

bpaquet wrote:I bought packs of radish, lettuce, and spinach seeds. Gardening, here we come!
This is the kind of thing we do around this time of year to try to chase away the late-winter blues. Planting is still well over a month away. Our last frost is typically on tax day around these parts.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Our last frost is usually around St. Pat's day.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:12 pm

We're slap in the middle of the East Coast, so our last frost might be in February, and it might be in April. Hard to tell. I am lucky that I have a nice raised bed on the south wall of my barn. It gets enough sun and shelter that I can plant things soon. I think either this or next weekend. Besides... With these kinds of seeds, if some are frostbitten, planting others is easy. They sprout so quickly!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:32 pm

Still waiting for the crocuses to pop their little heads out of the ground next to the library. No tree buds, nothing here yet except the robins.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:12 pm

i noticed the forsythia by the door of my apartment building is starting to bud a little Very Happy
lotts of little green shoots but nothing flowering yet. and although we had some fine weather last week in the 50s we are back down to 40 and below freezing at night supposed to go down to 27 tonight Mad
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 pm

If we're ever going to see the crocuses here we're going to have to keep a blowdryer on them to keep the snow off!
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Our forsythia is blooming too. Lots of things are starting to just show a little spring color. The tree branches are starting to change color. I love watching the seasons.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:44 pm

So do I but winter seems to be hanging on for dear life here. We got snow yesterday, wind and cold today, and no self-respecting bush, tree, or flower would show it's face here right now.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:55 pm

you know its spring when the tips of the tulip leavs are peeking out of the snow affraid

actually I'm right now looking out over the church yard at St Paul's across the street from my office, and the trees are showing a definate green haze
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:45 pm

Despite the temps and the snow on the ground it must be spring.......chickadees have been checking out my birdhouse.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:54 pm

The flowers are starting to bloom, the birds are building nests, and the bank next door mowed the lawn for the first time this season.  Very Happy 
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:12 pm

My nose is going crazy!  Rolling Eyes 
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Fri May 09, 2014 7:52 am

lilacs are blooming!!!
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Fri May 09, 2014 8:48 am

My mom and I saw the first humming bird of the year last night. There are three humming bird feeders around my parents patio.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Fri May 09, 2014 9:54 am

We're getting more and more now. Soon, it will be swarm time. Smile Happy hummie watching!
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat May 10, 2014 1:20 pm

......the hummers have returned!  Very Happy 
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum