Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

all the crap that's been going on ...quickly put

+8
Suzzzz
jimkr2t
Sue Short
Fire Flower
fiffur
BobCat
lovekitties
jeanebellini
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

all the crap that's been going on ...quickly put - Page 2 Empty Re: all the crap that's been going on ...quickly put

Post by jeanebellini Sun May 06, 2012 6:06 pm

oh around here its not called the cone of shame...when you're wearing it cuz you had important surgery and you're healing its the Cone of Recovery!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

all the crap that's been going on ...quickly put - Page 2 Empty Re: all the crap that's been going on ...quickly put

Post by fiffur Tue May 08, 2012 12:03 pm

I hope he recovers so fast Salem won't have to wear it for very long. Great idea to send toys along to the vet, make sure to include a note so there is no misunderstanding why they're being sent to him.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue May 08, 2012 6:29 pm

so glad to hear Salem is on the mend and that you weren't charges. Nice gesture to give the vet the toys for other poor kitties.

lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed May 09, 2012 5:05 pm

jim...what did you do to your arm that its in a cast????

salem's just puttering along just fine. sometimes the folks upstairs are too busy to take him for his cleaning so he waits a few more days but he's doing well.

i've been funky since the day before easter but feeling better than i have. i changed the broken desk chair for an old hard plastic bucket type swivel IKEA chair i got not long after i moved here and as long as i get up and move around every hour or so i'm doing better. still would like to know why my legs and feet keep swelling up (and i have a weird sort of rash from ankle to knee mostly on just my left leg...i'm hoping its some weed i walked in and it got in my pants and thats' why it hasn't gone away. gonna start taking a benedryl to see if that will make it clear it...its not too painful but itchy at times and annoying!)and the swelling in my body has gone down a lot which is a good sign. i was really scared for a few days...still scared. but at least i can bend and i can pick things up off the flooor if i have to.

Welp, just wanted to touch base with everyone.

OH...and probably the biggest and best news of all??? that campagne i had to get the Blue Meanies 300 likes on their FB page? Well it took about 9 or 10 extra days but it hit ...i went in to make my last check of the day and it was at exactly 300. I sat here and cried my eyes red. i know its stupid but it means an awful lot to me. Its up to 304 right now which is even more faboo;) but that stupid little three digit # meant more to me than i think just about anything else could have.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Wed May 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Glad the Meanies got the 300 likes. I "liked" 'm for ya.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Thu May 10, 2012 11:39 am

Hi jeane,

"I fell down and go boom" - misplaced step, backwards walking, tumble, break fall, hurt left wrist.

Caddy Jim afro
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu May 10, 2012 11:42 am

OUCH! Hope your wrist is better soon Jim.

And I also hope that your itchy rash is gone soon too Jeane.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri May 11, 2012 9:53 pm

oh gretchen i saw that;) i really appreciate it;) my next goal might be to get them to be at this Davy thing that was supposed to be a memorial and now is called a convention the first weekend of March next year.

Jim backwards walking isn't good..esp when you've got steps and you've got a kitty! hope the cast is off soon!!!

fiff my legs are still red from ankle to knee mostly on the front half of each. but its not all hivey bumps or sort of 'weepy' like it was. the swelling is down (I need to measure 'em to see how much)but my feet still swell up at least for part of the day. my 'bloating' is much better..not 90% but much better. i can sit up and i can bend over pretty good now;) my back hurts off and on at night but i think part of that is cuz its so DAMN COLD down here!!!! yep its that time of year...it hits 70 and they crank the AC up to freezing. i've got a tee, a flannel long sleeve shirt and a heavy hooded sweatshirt on, long pants and socks made from sweatshirt material and wrapped in a fleece blanket and i'm STILL freezing! its just insane! I wish i could find something that i could put on the door from upstairs that would cut the cold from coming down here (and shove it more up there )and shut out the laundry room ...i don't know.i don't want to sit outside right now to warm up because i'm trying to stay away from whatever made my legs such a mess!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat May 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Sure sounds like you walked through something if it's on the front side of both legs. At least it is getting better, slow as that may be. But what on earth could it have been? I've never heard of swelling as part of a reaction to poison ivy.

Is the door to upstairs always open? A gap underneath it? Can you put something similar to a draft dodger attached to the bottom of that door to block the cold air? I have an idea, but whether it would work or not depends on which way the door opens and if there is a landing at the door going down.....
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Sat May 12, 2012 3:27 pm

I heard that there was another davy tribute in a club in Greenwich Village the other day, Hear about it too late to tell you, jeane, and i don't know who was there.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue May 15, 2012 10:08 pm

i tried several times but wasn't able to get what i posted to go through..that was days ago so i'll try again.

i've still got the whatebver it is on my legs....not as itchy or red as it was but my legs are still swollen up about 2" bigger than they used to be. it gets better or worse depending on what i'm doing. but it IS Better than it was. and i'm feeling better than i have for weeks. i drank some aloe vera and really wonder if that could hav ebeen what has helped so much! that and taking magnesium and potassium.

lk...the tribute thing was a bunch of different people i think . i found out about it but since only one preson i'd heard of was going to be there i didn't want to put the money out for it. i'm trying to save for so many things (after the lap top is paid off)....there's Bway Cares then NYCC and then in March there's a memorial/convention in Rutherford for davy. (don't ask me how you can have a memorial and make it a convention but i'm going because some friends shouold be there and the Blue Meanies will be playing there;)
anyone in here in the tri state area interested? i don't like the woman who is organizing it for several reasons (very unprofessional) but the event sounds interesting. my biggest problem will be getting there and back. folks upstairs make it sound like its a million miles away and i know better than to even ask them and tell them i'll pay them to drive me there and back. But if i have to get a bus into the city and then take another one to this town i'll do it. ...its only 15 freakin miles away! i keep saying i'll WALK there if i have to!

OH!!! Salem is STILL cone kitty..but he got a smaller cone today. poor thing...i thought they were going to say he could go without!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue May 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Other than getting a smaller cone, how is doing otherwise?
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed May 16, 2012 12:00 pm

At least he did graduate to the smaller cone............I hope that means he can go without one soon.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed May 16, 2012 12:44 pm

salem's doing okay..he's sleeping a lot but i think its cuz he can't walk around too good with the cone. did i say i couldn't find the cone yesterday when he went to the vet?he'd got it off at night and i looked in the usual places and it wasn't anywhere.
last night when i was feeding them i bent over to pick something up and there it was...in the litter box! i think he was trying to bury it once he got it off! I swear i've got to start drawing this stuff !I could get three or four zines out of Cone Kitty!
'Cone kitty..doesn't live in the city....he doesn't want your pity..he's a ccoooone kitttty!' (yeah it know,its not the same without singing it!)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed May 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Well we know for sure what he thinks of the whole idea. Smile
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Wed May 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Oh yea... I think he says he's DONE with the cone.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu May 17, 2012 5:36 pm

i'm done with it too...,but i think they want to make 100% sure that its healed before the leave it off. poor thing... it been about three weeks.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri May 18, 2012 12:58 pm

No wonder he fought to get it off and buried it in the box. I don't blame him.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue May 22, 2012 12:20 am

its still on...poor puss hasn't been to the vet since i think last Thurs? he's supposed to be going EVERY OTHER DAY!
gawd i'm feeling helpless and useless...of course i'm useless for everything but the fact that they wanted to 'borrow' big time money AGAIN>
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue May 22, 2012 1:01 pm

I hope you said NO , Jeane. Where do they think you would be getting money from ?
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Tue May 22, 2012 7:37 pm

What do these people think that you can cough up the money anyway?
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue May 22, 2012 7:54 pm

That's true, I mean Jeane, you've got to be pretty tapped out with Salem's expenses. I mean you do
have to pay rent and buy food.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue May 22, 2012 9:44 pm

well i'm pretty backed against the wall..if i had said no i would have been harrassed for months and been reminded of it for as long as i stayed here. BUT i only gave them 1/3 of what they wanted. i do NOT believe they ask ME for $3000 (yeah..that's more than i make in like 5 months now?) when they have son who is supposedly working as a sub teachers (who make at least $280 a DAY starting pay) a daughter who does something at a museum (and certain had money to buy clothes at only the most expensive stores when they were living here )and a son in law so is supposedly an archetec? Me? just a tad above minimum wage and working only 13 hrs a week.
gawd, i have never NEVER EVER asked anyone to borrow a penny. IF i needed $1 to buy something from a vending machine i would make sure i gave the money back to the person the next day even if i had to give it to them in rolled up pennies! I have no debt cuz i do without big time. and yeah. i buy my own food cuz my body won't even tolerate what they give me (and i'm sure my body is in the shape its in now because of eating only pasta and a tiny tiny dab of sauce and a TON of cheese 5-7 days a wk). right now i'm living on store brand ensure, pinapple juice,toast and peanut butter and these new betavits or whatever they are...little cracker cookie things that were on sale at the store with an additional coupon. hey, i can nibble them at work so if i don't any sort of break i can still have something in my body.
sorry for the rant...but this whole past week i've been i a funk... lots of crap going on...on top of the same old crap going on.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed May 23, 2012 12:48 pm

I can't believe the audacity of the folks upstairs 'asking' you for that much money! Evil or Very Mad They are better off than you yet they hit you up for money? What the h*ll were they thinking? (I'm so mad I could spit nails at them right now) Reminds me of my younger uncle, the spendthrift......

Lord, I wish you could afford to move out of there Jeane, and take the kitties with you. (((((HUG)))))
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri May 25, 2012 8:44 pm

only way i can get outta the 5th circle of hell is to inherit money (oh sorry....parents dead....all grandparents probably dead...no aunts or uncles left...nope, no inheritances)...or win the lotto. I haven't even won a free ticket in a lotto in two years. so i'm not holding my breath.
i can't see any other life but i don't want to be here until i retire. but as far as i can see when i retire (if i live that long)I'll actually get MORE money a month than i am making right now! and you can work a certain amount of hours a month on top of that..so maybe THEN i could afford to live someplace like a regular human being!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum