Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NYCC 2010

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NYCC 2010 Empty NYCC 2010

Post by jeanebellini Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:26 pm

since i got the email today that gave some good info and the dates they are going to start selling some of the special ticketing i thought i'd start this topic over here.

here's the link to the site in case anyone who hasn't been to the con wants to see what we're talking about...
http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/

i'm soooo leaning at not spending much at B'way Cares and trying to get the tickets that get me in early every day!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

NYCC 2010 Empty Re: NYCC 2010

Post by lovekitties Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:41 pm

I got the email but haven't really looked at the pricing . I've got to check it out and decide what I want to do if anything, or just go for my inexpensive retailers badge (unless they jacked that up as well)
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:56 pm

i haven't looked into the regular three day pass recently,...i think i probably decided against the early entry thing. though i will be home when the tickets go on sale (i got my schedule for next week today). i think it would be better to take the extra money and buy a good rolling backpack from Land's End instead.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:42 pm

by the way...anyone who might be going to NYCC and read in the other forum that the guy who draws Sheldon was going to be there. he announced about a week ago that he's not coming to the con Sad
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:17 pm

got a notice that I have to get my retailers badge by August 18 so i better hustle.
I'm going for that one. as long as it lets me in all three days. If i see anything about someone i really want to see needing a special badge I might upgrade. i did see thsat chris Judge (tealç on Stargate) will be there. Him, I WANT to see.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:34 pm

the big dude with the symbol on his forehead?
i haven't seen anyoneone on the site i have to see but i'm sure there will be people added. I need to write Nell (Fat Mama) and see if she's coming again this year. i haven't written her because i feel bad that i can't send her the pics i took from the last con because of this stupid computer.

so far its just indie people who i'm getting more excited about. i've got to order my ticket soon...just trying to make it on the next credit card bill if i can.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:26 pm

yep, Chris Judge in the big dude. LOL. I hope some of the other Stargate people come, even though it's not on the air anymore. I'd love to see Michael Shanks.
Oh, I just checked the site. there are a few media guests I'd like to see. Katee Sackoff (Starbuck on Battlestar galactica,Richard hatch, Apollo on the original Galactica and anti-apollo on the new Galactica, james Marsters -
and Joyce deWitt, who was my favorite on threes company
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:53 pm

yeah i saw joyce and richard hatch...they're some of the few people i recognize this year! i miss (and have told them about this) how they used to have it where they'd have the picture and the name AND list what the person had done where you can read it and not haVe to go off the page to see it.
i don't recognize faces or names...i need to know what people have done. there are a lot of people i've discovered by reading what they have done and thinking "they look interesting' and then going to check them out!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:14 pm

got my retailers badge and am set to go. I'm going to take a personal day from work. I have to use it any way or lose it.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:14 pm

i've got to order my ticket this week. should probably do it tonight while everything is working well. alwaYs seems that at the start of the month the computer starts acting weird and sometimes i can't get on for a couple days. i was hoping i could leave it til the next credit card bill....but since i'm not going to get new glasses before then its okay.

There's going to be something there from BBC the new Sherlock Holmes. don't know who or what but there's not a lot of stuff there so far that's interesting to me. esh....
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:54 pm

okay..its official..i went and ordered my NYCC tickets tonight. actually is $10 cheaper than i was planning it to be.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Magdalene Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:39 pm

jeanebellini wrote:okay..its official..i went and ordered my NYCC tickets tonight. actually is $10 cheaper than i was planning it to be.

I can't remember---do they ask for ID when you pick up your professional credentials? If not, jeane could pretend to be me...
Magdalene
Magdalene
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:07 pm

i know they've never asked me to Id when i've been in that long line for the regular folks. when you go in early is there a long line? do you have to pick up your tag (or whatever) there or is it sent to you?
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:41 pm

they haven't put up the panels yet but they added some new guests....there's a bunch of puppeteers added. several PBS people like Carroll Spivey who is the dude inside Big Bird;) also the guy inside the Mr McFeely uniform will be there.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:03 pm

only 4 more days to NYCC....the other day i went looking for any announcements about Patrick being there but can't find anything. (but that's where i found the book about Jane!). i thought for sure he'd be there because of the new book thaT just came out!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Magdalene Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:25 pm

Is Andrews McMeel or King Features going to be there?
Magdalene
Magdalene
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:27 pm

nope don't see either one...i looked at Hatchett and Abrams as well and nothing about patrick.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Magdalene Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:54 pm

So the only thing I'll be missing is you guys!
Magdalene
Magdalene
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:50 pm

i really haven't seen anything that is thrilling me this year. i'm gonna miss you too,mags.
i'm looking forward to see Sherrilyn and want to ask her a question or two. right now i just have to keep telling myself i'm going just to see what sort of books and things i can pick up. just sort of being there and being in the crowd and looking at things.
its crazy that not even the emily people are going to be there this year. the Doctor Who .com store will be there ...the doctor who was supposed to be there backed out but they're having a woman who was in the same movie there instead. sorry to say i don't even know what she looks like.
maybe it will mean i will get to all the different Tonner drawings this year. i'm hoping they have the Doctor stuff there...even just to look at.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:48 pm

welp, i'm getting my last bits and pieces together (and last pile of laundry in the drier).I won't be in here too much this weekend but hope to touch base every day. hope they have some of patrick's books there at least to look at!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:28 pm

will have to post more on Sun night. but will give ya a bit now... Patrick was there for a little while at the Toonseum signing prints. it was cool....they money went to the museum and you got the print and a membership to the museum at the same time:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Magdalene Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:50 pm

jeanebellini wrote:will have to post more on Sun night. but will give ya a bit now... Patrick was there for a little while at the Toonseum signing prints. it was cool....they money went to the museum and you got the print and a membership to the museum at the same time:)

I hope you got something good!!!!

Well, now I'm sorry I missed it, but maybe Patrick will come to the Toonseum!
Magdalene
Magdalene
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:00 pm

mags i thought of you so much today...missed having someone to go to the panels with and sit outside....it was VERY hard to even find a place to sit against the wall to get organized or get a drink. there was over an hour where every time i sat down i got yelled at that i had to move cuz they had to put a line there or it was a fire hazzard etc. its all a long story.
but it really was prety bad in there today...like i said, reminded me a lot of the first con.
nobody knew about patrick being there til that day. even he didn't know til maybe the night before so don't feel bad that you missed it.
I"ll fill ya in on what Bill Plympton talked about...i need to try to find his table tomorrow ..i wasn't able to find it today!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:32 pm

still recovering...i've never been in so much pain from going to the con before! i think a good part of it was being crushed so much for so long and not being to find a place to rest on Sat. Sun i was able to get to some panels and i sat in there and listened and rested.
odd cuz there really weren't any panels i was dying to see this year but the ones i went to, though i went into most of them not knowing a thing about what it was about, were interesting. I'm always amazed at what i find at these things....its where i learned about Bone one year (and i always thought Bone was a head comic!).
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Magdalene Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:04 pm

Did you get to see Sherlock?
Magdalene
Magdalene
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic