Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NYCC 2010

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NYCC 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: NYCC 2010

Post by jeanebellini Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:24 pm

no...i went home before it started. it would have gone on so late that by the time i got to the bus and got home it would have been very close to midnight. I knew i'd be getting up around 5:00. it was a toss up of gettingi a few hours sleep or seeing the show and my body said rest was more important.
IF it had been Doctor Who i probably would have done it. But i didn't even go to the Who Podcast at the very end. IF it had been timed before the very end of the show i would have been there. but i needed to try to find some people i hadn't been able to get back to and (of course) i wanted to see what sort of swag i would be able to scoop;)
I have a friend with two kids who is going through a really rough patch this year and i was able to get some goodies for the family (including a really REALLY nice dragon book).

I saw some Doctors there...two Tom Bakers (one's scarf was waaaayyy too wide but both of them i feared the scarf would get stepped on or caught in whatever escalator was working),at least three or four Tens. One was a girl who stopped with her family to chat with me about my shirt (I was wearing a Sylvester McCoy tee that is aT least 20 yrs old) she was only about 5'4" but made a cute Doctor as a girl....there's was a guy the same size but i never saw him from the front...and two actually at tall as David.
Sad, but i never got to stop any of the guys for a pic....it was just too crowded and crazy and nasty in there.

I was hoping to meet up with the DWNY group but nothing seemed to mesh.

Mags...wasn't it the DoctorWho.com (or DoctorWhoStore.com?) where we got our tees last year? They told me they never bring tees to cons but i swear it was there that we got our tees. (I really wanted to get another WHo tee this year)I wasn't impressed by their stuff this year at all....all was WAYYYY overpriced and nothing jumped up and said "BUY ME!".

I saw LK there on Sun. But i had so much running to do before it got insane that we barely said more than hi and bye.
I did FINALLY get the kitty necklace i've wanted for about two years. (and the ladies who run the place wanted me to email them with some ideas i had....would be cool if they actually make the stuff. they hand cast their own molds etc and have all sorts of animals both real and mythical. they do that stuff i the winter and cons and shows the rest of the year).

Sorry...didn't mean to ramble so much. I will try to dribble things out a bit at a time.
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi all, sorry I didn't get to see mags this year, . there were over 100,000 people, I'm told, although not all on the same day.
Patrick was a very welcome surprise. I was walking down an aisle when a guy from the Toonseum told me he's be there at three On friday. (I was wearing a Mutts shirt) I tried to call Jeane but didn't know If I'd reached her (I borrowed a phone from another fan). but I'd just got to the booth at three and there she was, ever though she didn't get my message. Also ran into her on Sunday,
I didn't go to any panels or screenings. nothing too interesting, but I spent alot of time on lines for book signings. One I missed that I really wanted was the Noah Wylie signing for Falling Skies. by the time I got there they had cut off the line.
I think I came home with aboiuyt $400 worth of books, some of them signed.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:35 pm

yeah...i never got the call...there was a voice mail on the cell but it was some dude talking Spanish..have no idea who or what he was!

i found out about Patrick when i went to the Toonsuem booth not long after i got in on Fri. I knew it was a place i wanted to check out so i found it easy.....esp easy to find since there was a black kitty sock toy there. I wanted him pretty badly but didn't have enough money at the end of Sat and he was gone by the time i was there on Sat.
there were a couple different stuffed kitties there...the man who founded(or one of the head guys at least) the museum (i believe he's a Muppets puppeteer)'s wife makes them:) it must be a pretty cool museum!

LK did they hand out bags of goodies to you guys? the ones we got had these two character Marvel figures in them.(we sell them at the store so i at least knew what they were). I wound up with four and didn't get a repeat in the bunch! (funny thing? i showed them to Joe (father upstairs) and the next morning he was asking me if i had an extra Spiderman because the son (around 25-26 yrs old...this is NOT a child)wanted it if i did. Esh....ya know,i saw him and his buddy on the bus home two of the three days i went. but they got out at a certain point and took a car home. got home so much longer before me he was in the back chatting with his mom and talking about what all he got. Ya know, IF they had had the decency to offer me a ride home one of those days i might have given him my Spiderman.
(and, of course, if he were like 6 yrs old he might have all of them!)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Sounds like you all had a marvlous time.
There was something on the CNN website about
a bunch fans going from the Con to Times Square
in costume.
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:07 pm

oh gawd yesh...i didn't see it but i can see it happening. they will walk around in those costumes anywhere. though sometimes they won't let ya on the bus in one!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:41 pm

where were they handing out goody bags, Jeane? I didn't see any. Maybe it was on the general lines. I went in through the professional entrance so I missed out.
Wish I had gotten a spiderman. My niece (who is 21) has all of a sudden become a huge spidey fan, When I went down to Florida for my Dad's birthday I was staaying over at my sister's one night and sleeping in my niece's room (she was away at college). I walked in and there was a lifesize stuffed spiderman in the corner!
I got her a little spidey at the toonseum booth.
lovekitties
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:19 pm

the goodie bags were for the folks who were standing in the lines downstairs. i guess its compensation for having to pay so much to get in and for standing in that line for so many hours;)it was mostly crap and i believe they only gave out ones with the figures to the first maybe 100 or something people each day cuz later on the people walking past with bags looked like they were flat.
these figures are really nothing that special, we sell them (or at least sold them) at our store this summer.

i've beenin going through the pictures over at flik'r trying to find these pics this guy took on Fri. He came around and there were three of us who were obviously over 25 (er...over 30 as well) and he took our pic and said it would be online in a few days. I just don't remember if he said where it would be. i'd like to have it cuz i have a couple friends who have bugged me for a recent pic. I think the most recent i have is at the first Brooklyn bookfair i went to and i hope i've changed since then!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2