Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the world coming to these days?

+2
jeanebellini
fiffur
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is the world coming to these days? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the world coming to these days?

Post by fiffur Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:09 pm

Now the robbers have moved onto holdups inside the pizza restaurants (one guy was shot during dinner rush!), at the intersection while you sit at the red light, mugging highschoolers on their way to school, and robbing the laundromat attendant at gunpoint (he was shot too). Yet the police have no suspects in custody and no idea who they are to look for them.

How I wish the newspaper would publish some good news for a change. The above is getting so commonplace it's downright depressing.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

What is the world coming to these days? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the world coming to these days?

Post by Sue Short Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:32 pm

FIf, I totally understand. In the time I was with the paper there were
several carriers that were assulted and a few of the box men robbed.
(Box men are the ones who run the newspaper machines.) A couple
were shot and killed. What sickens me about this that some of the
pizza companies are owned by publically traded companies making
record profits. Pizza Hut is owned by Yum Brands. I think Pappa
Johns is privately held.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:09 pm

This time it was a mom & pop pizza restaurant. They guy who was shot was the owner, filling in as greeter/cashier. They don't know what will happen to the place now. He's going to be okay, but might not want to keep the restaurant going. Some of the places being robbed here have been hit on a monthly and even sometimes weekly basis. The police try but just can't keep up with the crime rate. Thank heavens Rockton seems to have more police than we need. Folks used to complain about that but not anymore. But all these scary robberies are happening only about 12 miles down the road........it's only a matter of time before they expand their robbing territory.

A few years ago robberies like these were not commonplace here at all.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2