Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help make my local animal shelter no kill

3 posters

Go down

help make my local animal shelter no kill Empty help make my local animal shelter no kill

Post by fiffur Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:34 pm

This petition is to show our state legislators we want our shelter to be no kill. For that we need laws to change and a bit of funding. I was literally sickened when I learned what their kill rate was, and Bij came from there 15 years ago.
Please sign if you can.....

https://www.change.org/p/winnebago-county-board-members-come-together-to-make-winnebago-county-animal-services-a-no-kill-shelter?recruiter=190612606&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

help make my local animal shelter no kill Empty Re: help make my local animal shelter no kill

Post by bpaquet Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:30 pm

I hope it happens. Our shelter follows this model, and it is a happy place. The people are happy and the animals are happy. I love all the work they do to help people learn about how to care for their pets. They even have a van come once a month to do FREE neutering and shots. (I can't believe the van is run by PETA.)
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

help make my local animal shelter no kill Empty Re: help make my local animal shelter no kill

Post by fiffur Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:01 pm

They're did a free spay/neuter for poor people for Spay Day. Claim they can't go no-kill because of state law...now we're trying to change the law.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:53 pm

How did this work out?
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:49 pm

So far they aren't no kill......but they're trying. We're still trying to change the law but with our dysfunctional state government who knows. We're almost two years and counting without a state budget.

Someone left the shelter a lot of money so they don't euthanize unless the furkid is too sick for treatment or too feral.....so less are dying right now.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:57 pm

That's good. That's the only thing you can do sometimes is try your best. If the ratepayers don't deem it important then it will be difficult. Still it sounds like they are trying to change.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:15 pm

They are but change is slow in coming.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down