Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my sis is in surgery...

3 posters

Go down

my sis is in surgery... Empty my sis is in surgery...

Post by fiffur Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:17 pm

They just took her in....will take 3-4 hours. Chance of being paralyzed or maybe even dying but it has to be done. Miracle she was even walking with essentially a broken back all these past months.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

my sis is in surgery... Empty Re: my sis is in surgery...

Post by bpaquet Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:54 pm

Thinking of you and her. Give us an update when you get a few minutes.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:56 pm

She got out Sunday....after we had to fight to keep them from sending her home less than 48 hours after surgery. Back was worse than we thought: it was totally broken and the bones were free floating. All that held her together was the spinal cord and a few muscles.

Hard for her to get up and back down in bed, can only be upright maybe 15 minutes before she's in severe pain. But it will heal. She has enough metal in her back now to set off a metal detector at the airport! Good thing we prepared the house for this....spent days rearranging stuff, installing grab bars, ropes from a ceiling rafter so she can pull herself up (like a homemade medical trapeze). My niece and nephew in law watch over her in the evenings, and mostly overnight. Mom and I are taking turns doing the days.

I shoveled her driveway one handed....now my back and leg hurts from the way I did it. But didn't want my niece to fall and hurt herself. She's the only one strong enough to scoot her over in the bed.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:18 pm

Fiffur, I'm so sorry I just caught up with this. My prayers are with you and your family right now. Don't forget to take care of yourself. Love to all.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down