Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chihuahua saved from coyote by pit bulls

4 posters

Go down

Chihuahua saved from coyote by pit bulls Empty Chihuahua saved from coyote by pit bulls

Post by gbste Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Good thing they didn't live in Denver!

From The Animal Rescue Site:

Chihuahua saved from coyote by pit bulls

Aug 9, 2010 10:00:29 PM

Humans often do what they can do to help animals, but one little pup's life was saved by some unlikely creatures - a pack of neighborhood pit bulls.

According to PeoplePets.com, Jodi Robinette, who hails from the woodsy area of Littleton, Colorado, let her 4-year-old Chihuahua, Buster, out in the backyard to play. However, it wasn't long before she knew he was in trouble.

"I heard him scream like I've never heard an animal scream before," Robinette told the news source. "I instantly knew that an animal got him."

The tiny canine was attacked by a coyote, who ran off with Buster in his mouth. However, when a group of pit bulls who were on neighborhood watch tracked the wolf-like creature down, the coyote made a run for it.

"The pits followed my dog underneath a bush, guarding him," Robinette told the news source. "[They] lay next to him, licked him and protected him."

After spending time in the animal hospital and undergoing surgery, Buster is expected to make a complete recovery.

There are ways for pet owners to keep their dogs and cats safe from coyote attacks. In fact, DesertUSA.com reports that people should keep small pets indoors from dusk until dawn and protect their yard with a secure fence.
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Chihuahua saved from coyote by pit bulls Empty Re: Chihuahua saved from coyote by pit bulls

Post by WarriorNY Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:45 pm

What a great story! Pit bulls are not mean like many people seem to think.
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Chihuahua saved from coyote by pit bulls Empty Re: Chihuahua saved from coyote by pit bulls

Post by jeanebellini Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:14 pm

i'd like to know what happened to the pits! i hope they ate least got some kind words and some treats!
that woman shoulda known better than to let her pooch out in the yard on its own in that area! its not like she was living on farm in the plains!

jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:04 pm

I hope those pitties got a nice treat and pats too. What they did was heroic. They rushed in to save one of their own (canine) without any urging from humans at all. Do those pitties have homes? If not, I hope they soon do after this!

So glad Buster is going to be okay.
fiffur
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down