Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

+10
fiffur
gbste
bpaquet
Suzzzz
BobCat
jeanebellini
WarriorNY
fluffnstuff
Sue Short
jimkr2t
14 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! Empty Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by jimkr2t Sat May 07, 2011 4:05 pm

OK, I gave into the presentation at Animal Welfare - Tatiana was just TOO CUTE - I couldn't believe she had been there for almost 5 months. She is solid gray (some call it "blue") with deep green eyes - looks like the avatar to the right of this message. Estimated age about 3 years, weight about 8 pounds Right now, she's sleeping right next to the computer as I'm typing this. Long, long hair - something I'll have to brush every day, or maybe only every other day. She had been busy checking out all of the rooms and windows - I just COULDN'T keep her in one room "until she get's used to the new home" (shelter people said that) - she was more interested in following me around, and now she's TIRED - so I can type this without distraction. I'll try to get some pictures for everyone to "gawk over".

Jim

Tat's session - Wow, this has been GREAT! I started off many months ago at a shelter that had just too many cats. Animal Welfare took me in and I spent my days in a cage. I TRIED to get people to notice me, and they DID, but only to remark how great a cat I was, but they NEVER chose me as their cat. A few days ago, a man was playing with me, but then he went away too! But, suddenly, on Saturday, May 7, he came BACK! There was all kinds of paperwork and stuff to do, but then he put me in a very small cage - I think they called it a "carrier" - we were going SOMEWHERE, but I didn't know yet. It was not a LONG ride, but I was still a little scared. We arrived at his "home" - it was REALLY BIG for a little cat like me. The man - is he what some cats call CADDY? - like MEOWMY, but male - tried to put me in one room with food and a litter box, but I cried and wanted out. Caddy let me wander all around, looking at neat hiding places, window sills, STAIRS (down to the basement and upstairs to the bedrooms). I think I'm going to like this place! cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by Sue Short Sat May 07, 2011 4:25 pm

Jim, how wonderful. I'm glad you gave in. Tatiana sounds just outstandingly beautiful.
Can't wait to see pictures of her. Long hair, too. You know I said the same thing after Boo
Crossed. Well we've all been know to lie to ourselves. Very Happy Laughing

Hi, Tatiana. My name is Antonio, and I came from one THOSE PLACES too. You have found a wonderful
furever home. Meowmy says that your new Caddy is a wonderful fur parent. The fur people here are really
wonderful and their parents are great. I know how scary it is coming into a new place but your Caddy will see
to all your needs and wants. See if he will ask Dona Jeane to make you a crate blanket, she made me one, only I
use as a nap mat on the back of the couch. Dona Fiffur makes really cool cat toys and so does Dona Jeane.
Welcome to your furever home. Tell us more about yourself if you feel like it. Antonio cat
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sat May 07, 2011 5:27 pm

What wonderful news!! We gave in few days after my mom and I saw Arwen at adoption day at the pet store. It took us a month before we could get Arwen. Maybe it was meant to be to have Tatiana.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Sat May 07, 2011 5:33 pm

YEAH! A new kitty for you! A home fot Tat! Very Happy
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat May 07, 2011 6:58 pm

ooo....hmmm....i think i have an addedum to my comic now;) hmm...never drew a LONG haired kitty before! cat
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sat May 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Congratulations, Caddy Jim!!! I'm so happy for you and for Tatiana too. Bobby & two little Barky persons named Argo & Lyra send good wishes to Tatiana on finding her wonderful forever home.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sat May 07, 2011 8:36 pm

I'm over the moon! Jim, I wanted to support you in being all responsible and not taking home a cat yet, but it nagged at me that you and Tatianna had made such a connection, and that, whatever happens, you'd have a furpal for joy and comfort. But I couldn't SAY that, because encouraging you to rush back and take the kitty home was not my place. But the spirit between you was strong and the right thing was done! I'm SO GLAD!!

Especially after hearing her story. 5 months of appreciation but no takers. Hoo. A long time for her to wait, but her patience paid off. She's in the best home possible now, and she seems to know it. The shelter's instructions were, of course, correct; new furrys in new places should usually be very controlled and introduced slowly. But in this case, you and TatCat clearly knew what you were doing -- being together. She's no kid and neither are you, and I think you both can be trusted. In this case, connection trumps caution.

I love how she followed you around, checked out the whole house, and snoozed out next to the 'puter while you went online. I think you have both found your true companion animals. I love you
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat May 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Very Happy cheers Happy, happy day!

I am a firm believer in trusting your gut. I jumped on Xavier because something just spoke to me. I think you and Tatiana will be a great match. She's already your right-hand kitty. Yippee! Let us know if she sleeps on the bed first thing.
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun May 08, 2011 12:25 am

Sorry to post so late Jim but Antonio wasn't going to let me finish my wine in peace if
I didn't log back in.

Hi Tatiana. I just wanted to wish you a good night. I know Caddy has a giant cat bed,
all beans seem to have them. Make sure it you get the spot where you can get a cool
breeze. Caddy will understand and make sure that you have the best spot in the bed.
Antonio
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sun May 08, 2011 11:23 am

Wondering how the first night went... I'm just so happy that Jim got another kitty. I can't imagine life without one.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun May 08, 2011 11:46 am

Caddy talk - Thanks to everybody for their well wishes! Well, a couple of problems - I located a litter box in an upstairs bedroom, not one that's got much furniture in it - that was what the shelter suggested. I also located another one downstairs in the basement - that's where my previous kitties had always gone. Tat does NOT LIKE going to the basement (it's REALLY a nice place - REALLY!!! devilish ) - she uses the upstairs one scratch Guess I'll try moving the basement one one floor up to the family room and see if Tat likes THAT one. Meantime, I'll leave the one in the bedroom for her use. Second thing, she does not seem interested in toys - I tried several out, even FEATHERS, no luck Sleep - she just wants to rub my hand on her face, climb up on what ever I'm on, just wants to be CLOSE cat Maybe she was kept in a cage for a long time at the previous shelter (think it was in Cumberland County, NJ) and just never had a chance to interact. You asked about whether she came up on the bed at night - yes, for a while, but later on, she moved to the nightstand, then down on the floor, but, at least, she's gradually getting used to all the routines in my life.

Tat on-line - Wow, caddy started off a major subject - I'm impressed sunny and a little humbled Embarassed I don't know why you are all trying to get my litter box down in the basement - what the heck, ain't nothing down there I'm interested in. It's better to have it upstairs - that's where caddy hangs out - how about putting one in the family room? What a Face Then, I'll be able to go when we're on the main floor during the day and go in the upstairs bedroom at night. That's how caddy goes to the bathroom, right Question Hi Antonio, and purrs to you, it's nice to meet you - hope we have some INTERESTING (heh heh cat ) things we can discuss. Bye to all, Tat!!
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Sun May 08, 2011 1:01 pm

My kitties almost all prefer to play with a length of clothesline dragged behine the humans over just about any store bought toy. Even the elderly, dignified, non-playful set cannot resist a dragged piece of rope.

Congratulations to Tat. Good job hanging in there until just the right purrson came in for you,
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sun May 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Since Lorien didn't know there was such a thing as play when she was taken in, I did teach Lorien how to play when was past being sick. She does play some.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun May 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Tat's session - Hi Antonio, just a question. What does your meowmy call you? Does she use all four syllables - AN-TON-I-O? or does she have a shorter name, like ANIE? or something. My caddy often uses Tat when he's calling me - then, if I haven't responded (sometimes I'm trouble that way cat ) he calls out "TATIANA"!

Tat the Cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun May 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi, Tatiania. Meowmy calls me Tonio. When I'm being naughty devilish she calls me Silly Antonio Kitteh Boy.
Mostly it's Tonio. What do you like to be called?

I have two cat boxes too. One is in the bathroom and the other is in the bedroom. Our apartment is real
small and Meowmy says that's the only other place for it. What is a basement? I can understand you always wanting
to be Caddy right now. That was a long time in THAT PLACE. I wasn't there very long. Still I can understand. Sleeping in
the giant cat bed is wonderful. Do you have a patio that you can explore? That's a lot of fun and I terrify the squirrels.
You're probably out of practice playing with toys but what is fun is helping with the laundry and making the bed.

Are you Russian? Meowmy says there was a Russian grand duchess by that name. Antonio

Meowmy here. You know I don't think I'm going to get a word in edgewise here and if the other purry people get involved we may
never get our computers back.
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun May 08, 2011 3:59 pm

OK, I haven't posted pictures to my topics for quite a while, so bear with me - I may have this wrong and will have to check with some others on just how to do it. But, here we go:

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! Cats200b

Did it work?

Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun May 08, 2011 4:04 pm

What a beauty!!!!!! Jim, she is wonderful. Like a Star @ heaven
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sun May 08, 2011 4:06 pm

What a gorgeous cat she is!!
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun May 08, 2011 4:10 pm

OK! It worked! Let's try some others:

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! Cats200c

This is a nice photo of Tatiana - thing is her eyes show up yellow rather than green - but she still looks good!

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! Cats200d

You can see her bushy tail in this one!

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! Cats200f

Napping next to the computer while I was working.

Hope you liked these!

Jim Very Happy
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste Sun May 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful kitty!
gbste
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sun May 08, 2011 5:04 pm

I loved the last picture. You know it's tough being a fur kid
around here. Laughing
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sun May 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Tat's session - Hi Tonio, it's nice to hear from you again! Well, a "BASEMENT" is an area DOWNSTAIRS from where things like a kitchen, and living room and stuff like that. But it's downstairs from them - it's below the ground outside! I'm my home, caddy doesn't keep much stuff down there, so basements are not much fun! I looked at the pictures that caddy posted for me - Don't I look just perfect!!? cat

Caddy here - yea, we aren't going to have much time on the computer any more!! Sad

Jim and Tat the Cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY Sun May 08, 2011 5:18 pm

She is beautiful!
WarriorNY
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Sun May 08, 2011 5:45 pm

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! 1
XOXO,
Bobby
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sun May 08, 2011 6:51 pm

oh come on,Ant (i neve know if you freak when i call ya that or not....its a very Joisey way of saying your name;) )...you should know what a basement is. that's where the Rescue Kitty and i live!

Tat....you is one big fluffy kitty! what a plume you've got there;)
Jim don't worry about her eyes being a different color when you take the pictures...be thankful she keeps her eyes open! (or that they don't come out demon red!) I rarely can get a picture of any of the Rescue Kitties with their eyes open!
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next