Our Mutts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

+10
fiffur
gbste
bpaquet
Suzzzz
BobCat
jeanebellini
WarriorNY
fluffnstuff
Sue Short
jimkr2t
14 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by Sue Short Wed May 11, 2011 10:00 pm

Tat, don't listen to Weezer she can be a very bad influence. Rolling Eyes
Sue Short
Sue Short
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!!

Post by BobCat Thu May 12, 2011 8:22 am

Bobby Cat here. Yes, Weezer is some kind of trouble, unlike me...Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 3 9 I'm pure as the driven snow. devilish (I know, I know - I drifted!) Even if I DO have a devilish streak, I don't push my peoples off of chairs! I know the nice lady I live with gives me good food, drink and a roof over my fuzzy head! I gotta tell you that you'll be sorry if you don't let Caddy brush you - brushing is like going to the kitty shpa, and that kind of pampering is the very best. You're such a pretty girl that you should realize that looking good leads to feeling good too! I sometimes have to wait my turn to be brushed because we have two little barky pests, er, I mean, PETS here at my house who also also get brushed. Last night my Caddy Wes was trying to brush one of the pests - Argo Pest is his name - and I didn't want to wait my turn, so I tried to shneak in front so he would brush me instead. Didn't work, darn it. I had to wait until he was done before I could have my turn with the brushbrush. That's what Meowmy calls my brush (the same one I now have to share Rolling Eyes.) I like my brushbrush better than a treat! I try to butt in for some brushings when she uses her own brush too, and sometimes she does let me shneak in for a few strokes. Think of it as a scritchy massage!

~Bobby cat
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Thu May 12, 2011 11:36 am

Tat's session - Wow, this forum thing is GREAT! All kinds of wonderful kitties cat and their furpeople king queen to meet with and talk with. Well, some things have been "settled" in my home! Very Happy The litter box will probably stay in the upstairs bedroom - caddy tried to get me to use a second box in the basement, but I just ignored it - why go "down there" when I can go "upstairs", where there is carpet, warmth, and it's close to were I sleep at night. Second thing - I've got caddy Jim now trained to turn on the tap water a little bit when he is in the kitchen so I can drink right from the faucet! devilish Really neat trick I did there! HAH-HAH (Caddy Jim - I'll do that, but I'm also going to try to place a second water dish UP on the counter to see if Tat likes that.) I haven't yet camped with Caddy Jim at night, but last night I did lay with him for a while before I jumped back to the floor - maybe I'll EVENTUALLY do it lol! I DO like to "lap sit" when caddy reads the "morning new paper", and in the evening, when he watches the "color box", I like to cuddle up next to him on the sofa. If he catches a "cat nap" (why do people call it that?), then I climb up on his stomach and chest, snuggle for a quick rest myself. I'm starting to play more, too. I chase a piece of clothes line that caddy drags around the floor and there's a furry thing (caddy Jim - looks like a 'possum thingy) that has a great big long tail that I like to wrestle with. I think I'm going to like my "forever home"!

That's all for now! Tat cat and caddy Jim!
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Thu May 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Mary BobCat here - Bobby BobCat has his litterboxes in the basement, and likes them there, but he's never known otherwise. By the way, we found a sifting litterbox that works really well, and yes, he has two. We had two when we had two kitties, and so we kept it that way. He sometimes likes to go down to the basement because it's cool and quiet and dark, just to "get away from it all" too.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Thu May 12, 2011 12:43 pm

I am so glad you're settling in nicely Tat, you've got a wonderful home now. And I'm amazed at how fast you managed to train your Caddy to do things for you, sometimes my peoples can be slow in learning......Bij

I loved the two pics of Tat you sent me, she is a real beauty! I hope she likes the brush too, Bij does. All I have to do is show it to him and he hops right up waiting for his spa treatment.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu May 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi Tat, it sounds like you've got things well under control. Don Jim is a wonderful Caddy. Have him put
your water in the magic cold box. Meowmy keeps water in there and when she puts fresh water in my
bowl she takes it from there. I prefer the running water though. I even have a special dish, it's not metal
like the dishes are at THAT PLACE, it's china. I'm still not sure what that is but you're water tastes so good
in it. Tonio
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Thu May 12, 2011 7:41 pm

brushing IS a GOOD thing. even nobe (aka psycho ceiling cat...but now not quite so psycho;) )likes to be brushed or combed. she perfers the hard metally comb,. the other kitties like either the Zoom Groom (its put out by the same people who make the food toy Kong for dogs...and kitties too),If you don't tolerate metally or stiff combs or brushes you might like the Zoom Groom cuz its got rubbery fingers that feel like a massage while it gets a lot of the old dead fur off your body.(And the Rescue Kitties will tell ya that its better to get it in the brush than on your tongue and in your belly! better the brushin' than the gackin!)
Even Ms Puff and the late great Mr Puff liked the Zoom Groom and they are maine coon kitties with long fur like yours;)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Thu May 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Tat, you're so right, IMO. Ya gotta be comfy when you poop. My basement is where I go to explore, hide out, and yell when I need to vent. I get what Bobby's saying. It's my place to get away from it all. If Bobby's good with pooping there too, that's cool. Personally I like my bathroom nearer to where usually I hang out, but we all have our own ways.

It takes a while to trust a new home and person, doesn't it, sister? I know you're lovin' your new Caddy (I told you! Isn't he great?) but I understand about the big bed where he sleeps. When a cat sleeps, she is vulnerable. It's necessary to find a place you can defend if something happens. It's right that you should choose your own place to sleep at night. All of us, including your dear Caddy, can assure you all day long that you can sleep with him on the big bed without fear, but that's a decision you must come to for yourself. I believe you will choose the big bed in time, because I know it's true that you are safe there. But I also know that THAT level of trust takes a while and YOU don't know it yet. Hoo, you've only been there a few days! So don't worry about it. Sleep where you want! Your Caddy will be patient. He's a good egg.
Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Thu May 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Weezer right Tat. My first night here I tried to sleep in the giant cat bed but Meowmy
is a restless sleeper and I couldn't get comfortable either. Meowmy though went and
slept on the couch. That way I was able to settle down and get some much needed rest.
Still it takes time for us who have spent time in THAT PLACE to trust again. We trusted our
first beans and we wound up at THAT PLACE. Your Caddy and my Meowmy and the rest of the
fur parents in here will always care for us. Tonio
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat Fri May 13, 2011 10:53 am

We've always had homes with basements in this part of the country, so I've never put a litterbox in the living area of the house, but it made sense to leave it down there when we got dogs, who often find the "deposits" quite tasty. Urp After we learned of this little tidbit of nauseating news, we were able to put the box(es) up on a table in the basement, out of the reach of nosy canines who might venture down there. Fortunately, our two current dogs do not go down the basement stairs, so it would not have to be on a table, but we leave it there anyway.
BobCat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Fri May 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Hey Tat, keep an eye on the mailbox! I'm sending a housewarming present to you sweetie. Bijoux helped me make it BTW.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Fri May 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Tat speaking - Thank you very much, fiffur, and Bij also! I wonder what the present could be??? Question cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Fri May 13, 2011 4:47 pm

OH!!! Tat, Dona Fif, makes the most wonderful gifts. She made some for me for Crispmouse.
I understand how you felt when you saw the squirrels, that's hunting instincts kicking in. My tail
twitches and sometimes I chatter. Tonio
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat May 14, 2011 11:40 am

Tat, make sure you let your Caddy see it too.

pssst, Caddy.................it's washable. If you want it to smell like catnip, just let it "marinate" in a jar of it for a couple weeks.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sat May 14, 2011 12:01 pm

Caddy Jim's talk - Well, I'm trying a few things out, just to see if they work. Tat was drinking water from the faucet almost exclusively, didn't want to use the bowl on the floor. Also, she was trying to get some water from the hot water dispenser on the left side of the kitchen sink - THAT would be VERY BAD - water from there is about 170 degrees - NOT GOOD. So I filled another bowl (glass, not stainless steel) and set it UP on the counter, away from the sink. Tat tried the faucet, then moved over when I showed her where the new bowl was - and she happily lapped up the water. I think this will work - and I don't have to be in the kitchen to turn on the faucet.

I've given in on the litterbox in the basement - Tat has "exclusive use" of her potty in the spare bedroom, with a small lamp for late at night, and a cloth mat for protecting the carpet. Maybe, some day, she'll try the one "downstairs" - I keep it set up, just in case!

Caddy Jim
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur Sat May 14, 2011 12:18 pm

The metal bowl might've given the water a metallic taste that Tat didn't like. Glass works much better anyway, it's easier to soak it to get it clean if you have hard water that leaves minerals behind.
fiffur
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sat May 14, 2011 4:19 pm

My dad keeps a small cup of water in the bathroom sink for any cat that wants to drink out of it.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sat May 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Tat's talk - This looked like a terrible day outside - "very light rain" is what caddy called it, but there were no outside creatures like squirrels !!!! moving around, so I just took time to take a long nap Sleep (Caddy Jim - I think this means an early Sunday awakening - Oh Boy Crying or Very sad ). I found a great place to sleep! Caddy has a big, soft chair in the living room (caddy - it's not one that I use) that has TWO big pillows (caddy-throw pillows) piled up on it - with one pillow on my right and one on my left, and with the back of the seat protecting my back, it's just the thing to curl up and nap! Wink Nobody can get to me, and when I'm ready, I can just move out from the front. Wasn't that a great find?! Cool

Everybody have a great day! Tat cat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t Sat May 14, 2011 5:07 pm

Caddy Jim's talk - I've got some new photos - this time of Tat's "hiding place" on the chair - hope you like these!!

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 3 Cats200p
Looks so nice there - I didn't want to wake her!

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 3 Cats200r

Tatiana (Tanya) (Tat the Cat)!! - Page 3 Cats200u
Tat's talk - "Why is caddy fooling around? Just let me sleep!"

Take care, everyone! Jim and Tat
jimkr2t
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat May 14, 2011 6:20 pm

Jim, she is just adorable. You two are so lucky to have found each other.
I'm glad you went back and didn't wait. I love the look bu the way.
It's like Tat is saying "EXCUUUUUUUSEEEEEEEE ME!!! Can't you see there is a nap
in progress?!?!?!? Sleep
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff Sat May 14, 2011 7:42 pm

The pose Tat was in the pics reminds me of how Mikey slept. She is definitely happy.
fluffnstuff
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini Sat May 14, 2011 7:58 pm

and just think..you don't have to share that with anyone:) lets just hope you don't hide or blend in so well that somebody doesn't see ya though! you're so fluffy tat you could very well be mistaken for a nice little gray pillow so be careful:)
jeanebellini
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet Sat May 14, 2011 9:08 pm

She's perfect! All tucked in and happy. I've had my AWWWW moment for the day. Thanks, Jim. Smile
bpaquet
bpaquet
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz Sat May 14, 2011 10:39 pm

Tat, you've found your spot! It's perfect! Cozy and comfy, in the center of your new home, and all yours. I'm so happy for you, little one! You look like a true Princess napping in your spot. I love you I know those other cats here will tell you I'm an irrascible old cat, and they are absolutely correct. But I do know what's what, and I do have a heart. You may have had some distressing experiences in your past lives up to now (and I'm deeply sorry about that), but you have surely found love, comfort and security now. You'll see.

BTW, tell your Caddy he's welcome to put a nice washable & replaceable towel or blankie on the seat of Your Chair so he can keep it fur free. My Ma does that with my nap chair in our bedroom. (But nothing washed or dryed with perfumes! That stuff makes my chest gurgle. So stinky and annoying.)

Weez

Suzzzz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short Sat May 14, 2011 10:48 pm

I have my very own nap mat Tat. Dona Jeane made it for me. It's on the back of the couch.
That's my favorite spot. Isn't it great to have your own spot and purson to love and care for
you. Weez is right you know. And Meowmy says that age has it priviledges and wisdom. Tonio
Sue Short
Sue Short

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next